On kill stealing. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

On kill stealing.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#26 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

iRO's push to get as many amateur players into the end game with medals, exp events, turn ins, etc., is the result here. You never saw this kind of behavior in late-game dungeons back in the day because it took a lot of effort to get 8x-9x trans, and if you got reported for KSing/mobbing/other ill mannered things you lost a lot of effort over something stupid. Now you can remake a 110+ character in a few days people don't care that much about getting them banned, and people don't even have the 6 months to a year or so to adjust to the world of ragnarok before they are leveling there.

Not to say people were angels back then, but it was easier to single out bad people and get them punished.

#27 Pleasant007

Pleasant007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationWarp Portal Forum
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

I don't know about you guys but I ain't let any monsters touch my boys.

#28 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

Omg this topic= my life. Rant 1:

I love when someone KSes me, I tell them to stop, and they start cursing me out and threatening to get ME banned. That's the worst lol, but whatcha gonna do? :ene:

#29 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

I keep hearing about people being KS'ed by lava slide. I haven't actually incorporated it into my AI yet (I don't afk level anymore since I got that skill) so what's the problem? Are alchs purposefully casting it on top of other homunculus or something?

Its a very grey line on how Lava Slide is being used. I've had Dieters KS me simply because when they get 3-4 more monsters on them or the master their AI tells them, "Oh -_- big mob, gotta Lava Slide it off me." And it just so happens they Lava Slide next to my Eleanor's monster killing it in the process.

#30 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

Its a very grey line on how Lava Slide is being used. I've had Dieters KS me simply because when they get 3-4 more monsters on them or the master their AI tells them, "Oh -_- big mob, gotta Lava Slide it off me." And it just so happens they Lava Slide next to my Eleanor's monster killing it in the process.

so easy to fix if your in a crowded area turn off aoe's apparently ppl still do it just cause they can.

#31 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

I doubt most would turn it off, Lava slide is such eye candy for how well it kills mobs and levels the homunculus faster.

While i like the idea of AoEs and wanted a Dieter. In hindsight, i'm happy i went with Eleanor for Sonic Claw.

What bugs me more is, I've seen groups of alchemists/bios/genetics in OD2 and they've set the homunculus to KS anything that moves. Thats much more annoying.

Edited by Cubical, 21 March 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#32 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

still it is ksing

#33 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

It is, im not denying that. But it's just really situational, you can't stop Zenorcs and Orc Skeletons from spawning inside of Lava Slide and ofc my Eleanor is programmed to attack Zenorcs and Skeletons not being hit by anything. You also can't stop a Dieter, Sera, Eira or Bayeri from using their AoE's when a lot of enemies are around.

It boils down to programming. What can be done so AoE's aren't being used to KS accidently. You'd have to ask Azzy what kind of possible fixes are there for it, and at the moment I don't really believe there is any.

#34 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

you can set the skill to a value of 0 to turn it off on all of the AoE's in the AI

#35 kenni

kenni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

not to be able to use lava slide is like asking a wizard to not lvl using stormgust, lov or even firewall.
lvling a dieter to 109 wasn't easy either, dieter got the worst aspd, and if you're amistr/lif based, well... lets just say it wasnt a pretty journey getting there.
once dieter got lava slide, every other homun s out there moans about it?? get real. i semi afk all the time before i got my dieter to 109 and i find 4-5 afker next to me ksing ALL the time with their damn caprice, sonic claw, god knows what. now, no one bothers doing the same thing and im enjoying it.
its od2, monsters will spawn one way or another, dont like dieter?? dont stand near them.

#36 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

Bots don't care about BB's or DB's though...the program isn't going to suddenly start having human emotions and scream "AW DARN, NOW I GOTTA WALK BACK TO THAT DUNGEON AGAIN! CURSE YOU, PLAYER!"

I meant for other real players in the map lol, but when the botter wakes up the next day, he/she will realize that his/her exp is 0% and didnt even level up, then he/she will go to the forum to ask someone to kill those mvp so he/she can level bot again, lol

#37 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

not to be able to use lava slide is like asking a wizard to not lvl using stormgust, lov or even firewall.
lvling a dieter to 109 wasn't easy either, dieter got the worst aspd, and if you're amistr/lif based, well... lets just say it wasnt a pretty journey getting there.
once dieter got lava slide, every other homun s out there moans about it?? get real. i semi afk all the time before i got my dieter to 109 and i find 4-5 afker next to me ksing ALL the time with their damn caprice, sonic claw, god knows what. now, no one bothers doing the same thing and im enjoying it.
its od2, monsters will spawn one way or another, dont like dieter?? dont stand near them.

Seriously my AI dosn't KS u and if you walk your ass up to me and start ksing me I'm gonna ss u and turn you in. good luck turning me in for something I'm not doing but you just whine like a child with their toy taken away. If your gonna use AoE skills do it when your not afking. obviously your mother didn't teach you any manners.

#38 kenni

kenni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Seriously my AI dosn't KS u and if you walk your ass up to me and start ksing me I'm gonna ss u and turn you in. good luck turning me in for something I'm not doing but you just whine like a child with their toy taken away. If your gonna use AoE skills do it when your not afking. obviously your mother didn't teach you any manners.

i really wouldn't do that, i would politely cloak and spam Bloody branches next to you. (its legit since they're dungeons only, no??)

my homun is programmed to use aoe when theres 2+ monsters near me or around me, its a ground target skill that takes 2-3~secs for it to cast. not my problem if yours doesn't kill fast enough or being near me.

and no, actually, my mother taught me enough manner to deal with someone like you plenty of time. :heh:

#39 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

i would politely cloak and spam Bloody branches next to you. (its legit since they're dungeons only, no??)

Not sure how thats polite but also spamming BBs with the intent to harass is not legit.

#40 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

i really wouldn't do that, i would politely cloak and spam Bloody branches next to you. (its legit since they're dungeons only, no??)

my homun is programmed to use aoe when theres 2+ monsters near me or around me, its a ground target skill that takes 2-3~secs for it to cast. not my problem if yours doesn't kill fast enough or being near me.

and no, actually, my mother taught me enough manner to deal with someone like you plenty of time. :heh:

go ahead and bust your bb's cause that's illegal too and like i said before it is ksing and i will turn you in and that's how to deal with people like you.

#41 kenni

kenni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

go ahead and bust your bb's cause that's illegal too and like i said before it is ksing and i will turn you in and that's how to deal with people like you.

:p_love: blame GMs for implementing them to be "dungeons use" only. im just doing it where its allowed!! instead of the usual "empty fields where no one goes to". please do complain to them, cuz im too lazy to do so.

and i'm dealing things the same way i deal with ppl like u, be it ant hell, or od2, or anywhere else.

#42 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

/ignore

#43 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

and i'm dealing things the same way i deal with ppl like u, be it ant hell, or od2, or anywhere else.

So what you are saying is you would be that person who in real life shoots another person for cutting you off...

Hmmm your logic seems flawed

#44 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

:p_love: blame GMs for implementing them to be "dungeons use" only. im just doing it where its allowed!! instead of the usual "empty fields where no one goes to". please do complain to them, cuz im too lazy to do so.

Just because you can do it does not mean you're allowed to do it, when you signed up for a game account, that thing you probably didn't read and just agreed to (the Terms of Service), states that by using and playing on Gravity's servers you are to adhere to certain behaviors. Also using an ingame means of harassing or killing another player is a suspending offense, I would choose your next words wisely if I were you.

http://www.warpporta...ountpolicy.html

4. Game Policies

The following actions are not allowed in-game or on the WarpPortal forums:

- Using items, skills, or the game environment to intentionally disturb or harass other individuals.

Punishment for said offenses are as follows:

- Warning.
- Temporary game account suspension.
- Removal of items/currency/character levels.
- Revoked forum access.
- WarpPortal account suspension.
- Suspension of associated game accounts (as seen through location, trades, and information).
- Revoked ability to create new game accounts.
- Permanent suspension of game account.
- Permanent suspension of all related game and WarpPortal accounts.

Edited by Inubashiri, 21 March 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#45 kenni

kenni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

/ignoreX2 :yawn:

So what you are saying is you would be that person who in real life shoots another person for cutting you off...

Hmmm your logic seems flawed

uhhh, that'd be too extreme, i'll leave the shooting to a psycho that's willing to do it for me. i rather be the audience behind tv watching news about said psycho shooting an idiot who's cutting a psycho off.

BUT ANYHOO~~~ this is about KS-ing, not some weird real life scenario, moving on!!

Lava slide=good aoe :p_love: :p_love: :p_love:
cant wait for magma flow tho!!!

#46 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Well how about when ppl Lava slide near on off screen far from their own Homun and genetic? Its funny now that they just spam the skill and dont care who is about they know they wont get banned for using a skill whle they can claim to be afk

#47 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

uhhh, that'd be too extreme, i'll leave the shooting to a psycho that's willing to do it for me. i rather be the audience behind tv watching news about said psycho shooting an idiot who's cutting a psycho off.

BUT ANYHOO~~~ this is about KS-ing, not some weird real life scenario, moving on!!

To the extreme? Hardly by said person's standards kind of like yours willing to BB someone who isn't really KSing you but instead asking you politely to stop KSing them by turning off said skill or to move a little farther way so that you aren't Lava Sliding them since you did say you have it go over you, even though most people have it set to set the lava slide anywhere there is more then 2 monsters.

Amazing how ones standards for KSing can equate to that of mental disorder that most of the time is from those who think they are of a higher calling or as it is no real social skills

#48 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

thats pretty much what i've done is just moved away from homunculus using AoEs. And i agree with your first sentence which is why many wont disable it. Secondly Caprice is the next skill that KSes me the most. To clarify, with Sonic Claw she has to be 1x1 cells away to use it. Caprice has a better range to it. Though depending on the Homunculus Eleanor was before hand, will determine how often she uses Sonic Claw. Since mine was Amistr based, to conserve SP i use lv1. Lv1 @ 121 atm will not one shot Zens/Skels[w/ full spheres].

Edited by Cubical, 21 March 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#49 kenni

kenni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

Just because you can do it does not mean you're allowed to do it, when you signed up for a game account, that thing you probably didn't read and just agreed to (the Terms of Service), states that by using and playing on Gravity's servers you are to adhere to certain behaviors. Also using an ingame means of harassing or killing another player is a suspending offense, I would choose your next words wisely if I were you.

http://www.warpporta...ountpolicy.html

oh, im aware of the Terms of Service, and how companies (such as gravity) always tweak them as per usual. i've played the damn game for years and trust me, i don't act unless provoked or annoyed in certain way. if GMs really do what they said, all the WoE issues and bug abuses would be fixed asap, or the whole God Items creation client edits in the past to whoever made them illegitly would be erased, but they did -NADA-
if the GM's get their acts on these past mistakes instead of throwing +7certs/+10certs/2xevents like rubber ducks, i'd gladly become one of the sheep in their field again.
oh, and putting a patrol gm down there in od2 would be fun too, the gm's can CLEARLY see it for themselves that any dieters out there are using the skill "as intended". If you're really butthurt over lava slide, make one yourself. don't blame the players, blame the game designs. :heh:

#50 kenni

kenni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

To the extreme? Hardly by said person's standards kind of like yours willing to BB someone who isn't really KSing you but instead asking you politely to stop KSing them by turning off said skill or to move a little farther way so that you aren't Lava Sliding them since you did say you have it go over you, even though most people have it set to set the lava slide anywhere there is more then 2 monsters.

Amazing how ones standards for KSing can equate to that of mental disorder that most of the time is from those who think they are of a higher calling or as it is no real social skills

in what way is it polite when they ends their sentence with "your mother never taught you any manners"????
i wont move if i was there first, and its their choice to either stay where they at or move away from any dieters they see.
its really not ME alone doing lava sliding in od2, theres tons of dieters doin the same thing down there (one that learned lava slides). im just one that a)bored at work B) seen enough of dumb comments.
if i am from a higher calling, i would be preaching at church and making 5x less $ than what i do right now. (just sayin~)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users