AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 20 new 3/20 - Page 2 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 20 new 3/20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#26 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Don't know if anyone else is noticing it but with Dev20 chasing seems to be semi broken again. Most noticeable in OD2, not bad on other maps as far as I have seen. My cat will run up to a zen or skel smack it and then either run off a few cells and wait OR pick another target and have the mob trail after until it catches up.

#27 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Don't know if anyone else is noticing it but with Dev20 chasing seems to be semi broken again. Most noticeable in OD2, not bad on other maps as far as I have seen. My cat will run up to a zen or skel smack it and then either run off a few cells and wait OR pick another target and have the mob trail after until it catches up.

You are describing two very different behaviors here:

1) If a zenorc is moving and changing directions, while we try to catch it, we'll continually try to move to where we think it will be, while also trying to hit it if we're vaguely close enough. This will often result in us hitting it while running a few cells away from it (if it changed direction at the same time, ex a zenorc looting), before we close to fight it. This behavior was introduced with dev 17 and was credited with a dramatic improvement in kill rates and overall effectiveness. So - this is correct behavior and part of normal chasing albeit behavior with room for optimization.

2) You are also stating that it sometimes drops the target after poking the one it's currently chasing. This is NOT part of the normal chasing routine, and indicates that it's incorrectly marking the target as unreachable - which is particularly concerning considering that it was just milliseconds ago close enough to smack it. I will try to study this more tomorrow. Are you able to get a traceai from it dropping targets like that?

#28 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

You are describing two very different behaviors here:

1) If a zenorc is moving and changing directions, while we try to catch it, we'll continually try to move to where we think it will be, while also trying to hit it if we're vaguely close enough. This will often result in us hitting it while running a few cells away from it (if it changed direction at the same time, ex a zenorc looting), before we close to fight it. This behavior was introduced with dev 17 and was credited with a dramatic improvement in kill rates and overall effectiveness. So - this is correct behavior and part of normal chasing albeit behavior with room for optimization.

2) You are also stating that it sometimes drops the target after poking the one it's currently chasing. This is NOT part of the normal chasing routine, and indicates that it's incorrectly marking the target as unreachable - which is particularly concerning considering that it was just milliseconds ago close enough to smack it. I will try to study this more tomorrow. Are you able to get a traceai from it dropping targets like that?

I can try getting a trace tomorrow, I'm just about to go to bed.

But to try and describe it better say a zen is running due west, the homunculus will run up to it, smack it then go east a cell or two ( or if other targets are on screen towards them), sometimes even moving 2-3 cells around it before being "able" to hit it. Other times when the homunculus moves back east it will either find targets on the owner ( skels or bats ) or see another mob and run after it while the original zen chases after the homunculus.

EDIT: I think I managed to snag a trace, this was just from a zen that was moving. Homunculus again moved OPPOSITE where it would have moved:
Spoiler

EDIT2: Forgot to mention the zenorc was ~6 cells away only and moving closer to me.

Edited by meoryou2, 23 March 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#29 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Spoiler

EDIT2: Forgot to mention the zenorc was ~6 cells away only and moving closer to me.

I annotated the traceai - how does it match up with the results you saw?

Also, can you check the value of ChaseGiveUp in H_Config.lua and (if it's not present there) Defaults.lua?

Edited by DrAzzy, 24 March 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#30 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

I annotated the traceai - how does it match up with the results you saw?

Also, can you check the value of ChaseGiveUp in H_Config.lua and (if it's not present there) Defaults.lua?

Chasegiveup is still the default 10 in H_config.lua, the only thing I changed is the rest and howminSP to go aggro, I don't use the rest function when I sit and SP is set at 4% for aggro.

Spoiler

#31 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

I Have a question Reguarding my Eira. My eira is currently level 107, and it has eraser cutter but no mtter what the monster is it seems to auto cast level 4. Is there something in the config that i can change to fix this?

#32 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

I Have a question Reguarding my Eira. My eira is currently level 107, and it has eraser cutter but no mtter what the monster is it seems to auto cast level 4. Is there something in the config that i can change to fix this?

EiraEraseCutterLevel in H_Extra.lua (edit with notepad) or use tactics to specify using the skill at a level other than 4.

Word is lvl 2 may be better for general use.

#33 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

EiraEraseCutterLevel in H_Extra.lua (edit with notepad) or use tactics to specify using the skill at a level other than 4.

Oh yes i see what you mean, Just lvlin in brasils haha so wind would do more for me, Thanks For the info !

#34 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

I feel level 2 is much better.
I mean, mathematically lv4 is better.... with 150 Int/Dex IIRC the cast time should be:

Spoiler

IDK though, just my opinion on the skill.
I see others in OD2 casting with Lv4. Either they don't care, don't know how to modify the AI, or they actually do feel Lv4 is the better choice.

#35 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Chasegiveup is still the default 10 in H_config.lua, the only thing I changed is the rest and howminSP to go aggro, I don't use the rest function when I sit and SP is set at 4% for aggro.

Spoiler

I have no idea how to deal with this. I don't belive you that there wasn't a second enemy, the client was clearly telling the AI that there was a monster 8 cells north and 5 (moving slowly westward - it started 9 cells east of owner) cells east from the owner. If there wasn't, I should just give up on this whole AI thing because the most basic functionality of the API is broken to the extent that there's no way I could ever make a functional AI.

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 March 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#36 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

I have no idea how to deal with this. I don't belive you that there wasn't a second enemy, the client was clearly telling the AI that there was a monster 8 cells north and 5 (moving slowly westward - it started 9 cells east of owner) cells east from the owner. If there wasn't, I should just give up on this whole AI thing because the most basic functionality of the API is broken to the extent that there's no way I could ever make a functional AI.

Dunno Azzy. Nothing was on screen after killing the single zen that came on. And 8 cells north should be in the wall..... I'm in the western part of the middle tunnel pretty much right along the opening.

Another odd thing... I was doing a little experimenting and it seems to drop zens and go after something else LESS if I go down to ChaseGiveUp=8 ( going UP from 10 makes no difference ).

#37 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

ChaseGiveUp is the number of AI cycles it will try to go after one target before dropping it because it can't get to it (it's incremented only when the homunculus is not moving, but has been trying to move), and is used to pick the correct chasing behavior. I found one place where it wasn't properly resetting the counter when it should, but changing ChaseGiveUp wouldn't alter the effects of this.

I just don't know what to say on this.

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 March 2012 - 01:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users