Cant add new monsters to AI base? - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Cant add new monsters to AI base?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kiryuphoenix

kiryuphoenix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

Ok, when i go to add new monsters to the AI base, and put the number for the monster, it tells me that "you need to enter a unique monster ID" when i just put for example ive been trying to add "Piere" numbere is 1160. What am i doing wrong?
So i figured out that i just missed the initial monster in the AI. however, now that i try to go back and edit some of them, i cant get them to work. I'm trying to get my filir to atk the ants in anthell, but he jsut keeps ignoring them. ive set to (atk high) even and still nothing happens. vap->hoai to basic ai->hoai to cust->no change in behavior.

Edited by kiryuphoenix, 21 March 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

What AI are you using? Kinda important to post that.

Also, are you running on Windows Vista/7 with UAC enabled and RO installed in program files? That configuration doesn't work for AI, because UAC virtualization results in the changes made by whatever you're using to edit the configuration (presumably a GUI config editor) being saved in the virtual store, while the game sees the original version.

Edited by DrAzzy, 21 March 2012 - 09:52 AM.

#3 kiryuphoenix

kiryuphoenix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Ah, sorry im using AzzyAi. and on windows 7. Idk how to tell if that UAC thing is enabled. But RO is installed in the program files. I was originally using mirAI, but my wife jsut kind of copy pasted over his with yours and it worked. with mirAI my first Eira wasnt using skills, when she added AzzyAI it started using the skils again.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

When you install things, are you prompted to give the installer permission to install? If so, UAC is enabled.

#5 kiryuphoenix

kiryuphoenix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

AH OK thanks, should it be off for things dealing with the AI? im so noobish when it comes to AI stuff D: how would i go about fixing it so i can customize?

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

AH OK thanks, should it be off for things dealing with the AI? im so noobish when it comes to AI stuff D: how would i go about fixing it so i can customize?

Move the RO folder out of program files (to a location that windows doesn't consider "special") and then delete all contents of USER_AI and reinstall the AI.

Alternately, you can turn off UAC - this is not recommended for non-technical users, as it reduces the the security of your computer.

#7 kiryuphoenix

kiryuphoenix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Move the RO folder out of program files (to a location that windows doesn't consider "special") and then delete all contents of USER_AI and reinstall the AI.

Alternately, you can turn off UAC - this is not recommended for non-technical users, as it reduces the the security of your computer.

just as clarification, Just by turning off the UAC will fix it and i wouldnt need to do much else?

as for option 1 thanks for the help. now just to find a "non-special" folder XD

edit: i wantto say that i have 2 program folders 1 says program files and the other is program files (x86) in which i have to click, go to gravity folder go to ro folder go to AI folder. then i have 2 options, Azzy AI 1.40 dev 14 folder or USER_AI folder to chose from.

EDIT 2: ok now its atking every ant but piere, i have no idea what ive done and why its working on some of them. which folder should i be in from the above mentioned? and its atking over priority over the ant eggs which it used to not do. as i go thru the numbers on some of the already input monsters, they do not match the ones on the irowiki database. whats wrong and why isnt my filir atking the piere and is atking the other ants all the sudden? @w@

Edited by kiryuphoenix, 21 March 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

Non-special folder? just create a new folder in C: or something, and move the entire RO folder there.

If you disabled UAC, you would still need to delete and reinstall the AI.

Also, dev 14 is ancient, upgrade to dev 20 when you reinstall the AI - lot of changes since dev 14 http://drazzy.com/ai...0/Changelog.txt

Edited by DrAzzy, 21 March 2012 - 11:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users