Is Filir a good base for Eleanor - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is Filir a good base for Eleanor

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kiryuphoenix

kiryuphoenix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

I recently deleted my Eira after much long debate with myself. I want to remake and get an Eleanor. Would Filir be a good base? I like the boost flitting adds (if i can ever make it work in the AI T.T) but the SP and HP is nice from a vani. i currently have a 91 filir already non-evolved stats are 90/246/329/24/159/114/236/171. i realy hope these are at least decent for a non-evolved Filir

#2 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

Do the different Evolving (Blob Vani -> Shark Vani) vs (Small Filir -> Big Filir) give different ranges of HP/SP Boost?
Because my Vani at 102 (Before I evolved it) was 9671 HP, 378 SP.
But after evolution it had 14309 HP, 995 SP.

I have a 99 Filir on another account right now, and it isn't evolved yet.
But it has 5908 HP, and 472 SP.

If the evolution bonus are relatively the same, my Filir should actually have higher SP then my vani did. (But a fraction of its HP :x)

---------

For a stat comparison (I don't know if my filir is -_-ty, average, or godlike though):
104/269/358/23/168/121/242/178 (No Buffs on) @ Lv99

---------

As for the base for Eleanor...
Vani for a Ranged Attack (And you don't need to loyal twice)
Filir for Flitting (And you don't need to loyal twice) [Since you can sonic claw instead of moonlighting)
Amistr for Bloodlust, and Adamantium Skin (But requires the 2nd loyalty)

I'd think Filir would be a good pick for it. Unless you really wanted Ranged Caprice, HP of a Vani, or stats at lower level. (15 Vit on my Filir!)
The last point is kinda moot in the long run though, as it'll get maxed out eventually, or so I hear.

#3 kiryuphoenix

kiryuphoenix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

ok kool, he already hits over 300s so i would assume when he evolves (weeks from now T.T) he should hit pretty nicly. It just scares me that at lvl 91 i cant leave him alone in OD2...

#4 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

That's totally because of it's vit :/
It bleeds from monsters as a filir....

My Vani (and Bro's Amistr) easily slaughter OD2. (See: Taking 1's from monsters)
My Filir bleeds and can't be left alone. (So I commonly parked it next to my main character so he can protect it)
I believe my lif was actually about to live by itself >_>; But to be safe, I parked my Lifs when they were made next to my main as well.

When I level my filir in OD2, I opted to use Moonlight Lv2 on Zenorc/Orc Skeleton, since 1 of that + 1 melee would kill... Using 8 SP per monster instead of 20 really helped out in the long run.
I also disabled flitting and accelerated flight. They just ate my Sp and didn't really help my survival or killing speed. And I turned off dancing.
But mobs of orc skeletons, or even 1 archer could easily bring it to half HP. Then 2 orc archers could easily kill it. >_>;

Edited by Realus, 22 March 2012 - 09:54 AM.

#5 kiryuphoenix

kiryuphoenix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

how can i change which skills and what lvls it uses? i cant find it anywhere in the AI config. id love to do that, and i hope eleanor can survive there having a filir base. and its nice to know its all filir not just mine being the suck. XD i need to disable flitting and accel flight as well.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

Filir is a great base for Eleanor.

I have great success using lvl 1 flitting and accel flight. You can turn those off by setting UseAutoQuicken and UseAutoGuard to 0, and you can adjust the level via FilerFlitLevel and FilirAccelLevel (check exact spelling on those - one is in config the other is in H_Extra because the GUI is from before they fixed accel flight.

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Vanilmirth is superior in every stat. The only reason you would use Filir as base is if you don't like the autobolts from Vanilmirth (Moonlight is superior) and you want access to Flitting.

#8 kiryuphoenix

kiryuphoenix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

Thanks for the help guys/gals. I'm finally starting to get how to use the AI XD. Also, when ever I try to go the Extra tab for homun and change the accel forthe filir, after i apply changes. When i go back, its back at 1 again to use the skill, i dont get why it gets reverting back to being on after i have changed it and then applied the settings?

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

Thanks for the help guys/gals. I'm finally starting to get how to use the AI XD. Also, when ever I try to go the Extra tab for homun and change the accel forthe filir, after i apply changes. When i go back, its back at 1 again to use the skill, i dont get why it gets reverting back to being on after i have changed it and then applied the settings?

Edit H_Extra.lua in notepad, the GUI doesn't save it correctly sometimes. It does sometimes, though I don't know what conditions it does/doesn't work in - that's why I've got Neo Nilox working on the new GUI, i'm not very good at any languages that are good for making GUI's in. I spent hours trying to get H_Extras to work, and it was working when I released 1.35, at least in my tests.

Note that FilirAccelLevel is NOT how you turn use of Accel Flight on or off. Turn it on and off with UseAutoGuard as I said above.

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 March 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#10 kiryuphoenix

kiryuphoenix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Edit H_Extra.lua in notepad, the GUI doesn't save it correctly sometimes. It does sometimes, though I don't know what conditions it does/doesn't work in - that's why I've got Neo Nilox working on the new GUI, i'm not very good at any languages that are good for making GUI's in. I spent hours trying to get H_Extras to work, and it was working when I released 1.35, at least in my tests.

Note that FilirAccelLevel is NOT how you turn use of Accel Flight on or off. Turn it on and off with UseAutoGuard as I said above.

That makes alot more sense. I just tried to make some changes but it put me at a nil auto value and crashed me, i reverted it all back and it went away. i changed a few things and i have no idea what made it do that. I just want flit and accel off and use lvl 2 or 3 of moonlight on stuff.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Setting FilerFlitLevel or FilirAccelLevel to 0 will give errors, since it tries to look up SP usage and duration of level 0.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users