Need help choosing a class! :D - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need help choosing a class! :D

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

Alright so I have over the years played EVERY single class but for some reason with all the new stuff i'm just not up to date with everything :/

I need a class that is a good soloer/WoE'er

I enjoy anything from melee to ranged classes it really doesn't matter to me :)

So what class might you suggest? I have like 200m funds or something so nothing over kill :/

#2 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

RK is what I would go with. Great PvM class with Bowling Bash. Gear is pretty cheap. High HP. Good at woe/pvp. Needed in ET/mvp parties. Can solo all the way to 150/50 fast.

#3 AnnoDomini

AnnoDomini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

Ranger. If you're into single target kills go auto-warg initially, for mobbing and TIs go arrow storm. Is a levelling beast.

Not the best at WoE, but not the worst either. Full white wing set, rideword hat, malicious elven bow, good to go, all for about 140-150m on Ymir. Slightly over 200m if the hat's +9.

It'll be hard to WoE effectively on Ymir unless you're 150 so I'd focus on getting there, then respeccing with the Mesmerist.

#4 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Ranger. If you're into single target kills go auto-warg initially, for mobbing and TIs go arrow storm. Is a levelling beast.

Not the best at WoE, but not the worst either. Full white wing set, rideword hat, malicious elven bow, good to go, all for about 140-150m on Ymir. Slightly over 200m if the hat's +9.

It'll be hard to WoE effectively on Ymir unless you're 150 so I'd focus on getting there, then respeccing with the Mesmerist.

I have a ranger level 101 or something, should I go AS for mobbing and stuff? I mean I will only be doing the TI's really :/

#5 AnnoDomini

AnnoDomini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

If you're in an active guild or have regular TI mates then AS is definitely the way to go right from the start.

I went solo warg build initially for a host of personal reasons, though. Unusual working hours, latency issues from high cross-continental lag (can't mob safely), an inability to sit around waiting for parties to form up.

I should have AS 10 by about base 125 which fits in nicely when the higher levelled mobs don't go down to 2/3 warg strikes. You'll get that AS eventually either way.

#6 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

If you're in an active guild or have regular TI mates then AS is definitely the way to go right from the start.

I went solo warg build initially for a host of personal reasons, though. Unusual working hours, latency issues from high cross-continental lag (can't mob safely), an inability to sit around waiting for parties to form up.

I should have AS 10 by about base 125 which fits in nicely when the higher levelled mobs don't go down to 2/3 warg strikes. You'll get that AS eventually either way.

Nawh I don't have a guild or ragnarok friends LOL

All my friends quit back in the day :)

I'll be fine as a AS ranger I suppose, between my +4 rideword/incubus pet/Hunter fly bow etc

What should I do with my stats?
agi: 100
Int: 35
Dex: 99

??? I was thinking vit

#7 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:33 AM

Nawh I don't have a guild or ragnarok friends LOL

All my friends quit back in the day :)

I'll be fine as a AS ranger I suppose, between my +4 rideword/incubus pet/Hunter fly bow etc

What should I do with my stats?
agi: 100
Int: 35
Dex: 99

??? I was thinking vit

My ranger is level 101 atm. Right now I have...
100 agi
100 dex
40 vit
20 int
10 str
1 luck

Im wanting to get more vit because its hard to flee monsters at higher levels, not to mention im just plain squishy at the moment lol. Im also wanting more int because I run out of sp fairly quick. Especially when im ASing in a TI party. But if you have a rideword I wouldnt worry too much about int. So I'd focus on getting vit. Prob around 80-90.

#8 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:14 AM

Alright so I have over the years played EVERY single class but for some reason with all the new stuff i'm just not up to date with everything :/

I need a class that is a good soloer/WoE'er

I enjoy anything from melee to ranged classes it really doesn't matter to me :)

So what class might you suggest? I have like 200m funds or something so nothing over kill :/

Good soloer/WoE-r? Id say Royal Guard ;)

#9 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

Rangers don't even need to max AS in order to use it effectively, I find. My ranger is going down the auto-warg path, but I have AS at about lv 5. It still one-shots everything it needs to one-shot for the most part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users