Returning from a 6-7 year break - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Returning from a 6-7 year break

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dranzer2k4

dranzer2k4

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

Hello,

I am returning from a 6-7 year break from iRO (i say break but i forgot the game existed ! ) and i am wondering how the game is now, i left before transcendant classes came out and i never even managed to get to 99 myself as a normal class.

How long does it take to get from 1-99 (2nd class, rogue, priest etc) as it previously took me forever ha
What is the best server to play on
Are there many people from england who still play for my timezone to chat to people

I have a list of questions but these are my main 3, i would be thankful if i could get them answered. Thanks :D

#2 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

Well, personally I found that the speed you leveled depended on two things
1. How much money you are willing to spend on battle manuals (increases your exp for 30 minutes, they went to the darkside yes LOL)
2. What class

I personally am bias and think you should play a ranger or something, although, elven bows are getting near 50m which can be pretty steep if you are just returning to the game. So really I would just play any class you enjoy except monk/bard/blacksmith/alcy.

The best server for VIP or non VIP? Non VIP you have to go valk, but if you pay for an account i'd suggest either or really.
Ymir peeks at 950 over 90 days and Ygg is 1000 over 90 so :/ It's all up to you.

As for timezone I do not know O.o

#3 Monel

Monel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

just do what u enjoy doing.. if u want levels , its easy .. hunt monsters. that's how ppl do it i guess.

#4 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Run while you can.

#5 ForTheCity

ForTheCity

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Run while you can.

Run before its too late. You'll be trapped! :heh:

#6 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

If your newly returning I'd suggest doing the eden board quests. They are a good guide of where to hunt at your current level. When I started my first character I made a Monk, and managed to trans him to a champ within a month. So it is a LOT faster then what it use to be. And remember the first characteris the hardest. Once you make some zeny and buy some good gears you will find that leveling alts is much easier.

#7 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

1)How long does it take to get from 1-99 (2nd class, rogue, priest etc) as it previously took me forever ha
The New quests and such that are availible actually make leveling form 1-99 --->1-99 again, an easy Task. Then from 100-150 is almost comparable to the old scale of leveling to 99.

2)What is the best server to play on
This is a matter of opinion, but if your older and want people more your age, I suggest Ymir.

3)Are there many people from england who still play for my timezone to chat to people
I actually have 4 people in my guild whom are old euRO players. So there are some still around.

Good luck and Welcome Back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users