DylanM40

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationTexas. United States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

Well I took the time to look around a little bit more on the website for jobs and stuff. At first the Taekwon Class caught my eye was looking at going for that but then I saw the monk class at Job 2-2 I believe. The monk class is hand to hand combat right? So would be better for me to just go ahead and choose one of the 6 classes at the beginning then go for the Monk class later on?

#2 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Taekwon Kids can become Taekwon masters if you want to keep the kick attacks. You just need to really study the sun/stars/moon alignments which is confusing for alot of people. Which even the official guides say you can ignore all that alignment stuff and just keep learning kick moves and just become the Master for the HP/SP boost.

So really, it just depends on if you like kicks or punches better...oh wait.

No rebirth/3rd classes means your only be able to get to level 99. Ya, expanded classes really got screwd over. At least the Ninja's are FINALLY getting a "3rd" class they can change to at 99. But Gunslingers and Takewon masters and Soul linkers got shafted pretty hard.

There is also the option to have a permanent Taekwon kid and go for the missions and be a ranker. Which is alot of work. But sadly, even if you become one of the top 10 TK kids, the fact that you still can't go past level 99 really hits hard.

Renewal KILLED TKM's HARD. My Taekwon Master is collecitng dust sadly. I remember when it was so easy to get parties with him, now no one wants to associate with them. Kasa leveling was king lol.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 25 March 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#3 DylanM40

DylanM40

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Taekwon Kids can become Taekwon masters if you want to keep the kick attacks. You just need to really study the sun/stars/moon alignments which is confusing for alot of people. Which even the official guides say you can ignore all that alignment stuff and just keep learning kick moves and just become the Master for the HP/SP boost.

So really, it just depends on if you like kicks or punches better...oh wait.

No rebirth/3rd classes means your only be able to get to level 99. Ya, expanded classes really got screwd over. At least the Ninja's are FINALLY getting a "3rd" class they can change to at 99. But Gunslingers and Takewon masters and Soul linkers got shafted pretty hard.

There is also the option to have a permanent Taekwon kid and go for the missions and be a ranker. Which is alot of work. But sadly, even if you become one of the top 10 TK kids, the fact that you still can't go past level 99 really hits hard.

Renewal KILLED TKM's HARD. My Taekwon Master is collecitng dust sadly. I remember when it was so easy to get parties with him, now no one wants to associate with them. Kasa leveling was king lol.

Thanks. Hmmm..... Think I'll go ahead and make my way to being a monk then later on make a character to go for Taekwon Class. This way I get a better feel for the game and figure the other stuff out. Another question. Do I have to go a specific route to get to the monk class? For instance do I have to be a Acolyte Class and then Cleric or what ever class is after that then I hit the monk class or can I just go swordsman then get to choose my Job 2-2 class and then get to choose the monk?

#4 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

The only "Branching" class path there is, is Novice going into whatever. and then any 1st class going into a 2-1 or 2-2.

Once you decide on a 2nd class, your stuck on that branching path. If you go Preist, you can never go Monk. Well the other "Branching' path which is kinda a sucker bet is to not rebirth at 99 and just go straight to 3rd class. But that really hurts your end game ability since you cant get the Trans' class build.

You can't not mix and match classes other than the Super novice class. The game would be pretty broken if people could just branch into whatever.

I can imagine all the Acolytes turning into a wizard, man that'll be broken.

Acoylte > Monk > Monk 99. Either chose to rebirth and then go High Novice > High Aco > Champion > Sura or you can
Acolyte > Monk > Sura. Again, skipping Rebirth and going to Trans is a real sucker bet unless the character is not your main and you don't care about that character and are doing it just for fun.

Its sad but at this point, all the expanded classes are just Slave classes(Soul linker) or just "For fun" classes.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Classes
Read up on that. The Official warp portal website is SOOOO bad with information it's not even funny.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 25 March 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#5 DylanM40

DylanM40

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

The only "Branching" class path there is, is Novice going into whatever. and then any 1st class going into a 2-1 or 2-2.

Once you decide on a 2nd class, your stuck on that branching path. If you go Preist, you can never go Monk. Well the other "Branching' path which is kinda a sucker bet is to not rebirth at 99 and just go straight to 3rd class. But that really hurts your end game ability since you cant get the Trans' class build.

You can't not mix and match classes other than the Super novice class. The game would be pretty broken if people could just branch into whatever.

I can imagine all the Acolytes turning into a wizard, man that'll be broken.

Acoylte > Monk > Monk 99. Either chose to rebirth and then go High Novice > High Aco > Champion > Sura or you can
Acolyte > Monk > Sura. Again, skipping Rebirth and going to Trans is a real sucker bet unless the character is not your main and you don't care about that character and are doing it just for fun.

Its sad but at this point, all the expanded classes are just Slave classes(Soul linker) or just "For fun" classes.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Classes
Read up on that. The Official warp portal website is SOOOO bad with information it's not even funny.

Alright I understand the layout of it now the monk is in the Acolyte class and you have to be an Acolyte then Priest then Monk. I think I'll go swordsman for now and work my way up and later on with a new character become a monk.

#6 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

Uh no, Priest doesnt become a Monk.

1st clast > 2-1 OR 2-2

1 > 2-1 > 3-1
1 > 2-2 > 3-2
OR
1 > 2-1 > Rebirth > High 1 > High 2-1 > 3-1
1 > 2-2 > Rebirth > High 1 > High 2-2 > 3-2

The 2-1s are seperate from 2-2s.

Knights dont become Crusaders. You have to choose between Knight OR Crusader from the Swordsman.
Hunters don't become Bards, you have to choose between from the Archer.
Etc. etc.

Here's a picture that details everything much clearer.
Posted Image

Edited by Tetsamaru, 26 March 2012 - 12:04 AM.

#7 DylanM40

DylanM40

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

Uh no, Priest doesnt become a Monk.

1st clast > 2-1 OR 2-2

1 > 2-1 > 3-1
1 > 2-2 > 3-2
OR
1 > 2-1 > Rebirth > High 1 > High 2-1 > 3-1
1 > 2-2 > Rebirth > High 1 > High 2-2 > 3-2

The 2-1s are seperate from 2-2s.

Knights dont become Crusaders. You have to choose between Knight OR Crusader from the Swordsman.
Hunters don't become Bards, you have to choose between from the Archer.
Etc. etc.

Here's a picture that details everything much clearer.
Posted Image

Yeah when I replied I was just thinking at the top of my head. I went ahead and started a character as a swordsman but may go ahead and make another so I can get the monk. I like hand to hand combat more than some of the other classes. Well this does clarify it as clear as it can get. Thanks.

#8 Gunkar

Gunkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLes Écureuils
  • Server:Ygg, Valk, CLASSIC

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

is it the same with the novice? like... novice 99 base 10 job > super novice.. then supernovice 99/50 > rebirth novice??? or rebirth supernovice??? and then 99/99 lvl both base and job?

#9 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

The super novice is a little special. To be a super novice, you just need to be a level 40 Regular Novice. And then there isnt really a "rebirth" for Super novices exactly. instead there is a novice NPC you talk to in the Comodo dungeon north of Comodo and he will make you do a quest so you can become an even more "Super super Novice" so you can use all 2nd class skills and go beyond level 99.

Full details for after you hit level 99.
http://irowiki.org/w...Expansion_Quest

Edited by Tetsamaru, 28 March 2012 - 12:10 PM.

#10 DylanM40

DylanM40

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

Stupid question is the Game Masters the guys that made this game characters or are you able to get them?

#11 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

Stupid question is the Game Masters the guys that made this game characters or are you able to get them?

could u clarify your question? are you asking if GM created this game and designed character? this game was developed in Korea, 10 years ago. and GMs are just manager+tester+ customer survice guy. They do not develop character sprite and they do have separated developer who designs game structure and characters. Or, are you asking if you could get GM's exclusive class? if that was the question then the answer is no. its specifically for GM, and is able to get every skills in Ragnarok.

#12 DylanM40

DylanM40

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

could u clarify your question? are you asking if GM created this game and designed character? this game was developed in Korea, 10 years ago. and GMs are just manager+tester+ customer survice guy. They do not develop character sprite and they do have separated developer who designs game structure and characters. Or, are you asking if you could get GM's exclusive class? if that was the question then the answer is no. its specifically for GM, and is able to get every skills in Ragnarok.

Sorry about that. What I was talking about was the Game Master class that I saw on that one graph. Which then again I've seen three graphs, this one included, and this one is the only with the Game Master Class. Also seeing it isolated and in a red box thinking maybe that the game managers go into the game or something to socialize do event or something of that sort. Wild guess at best.

#13 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Sorry about that. What I was talking about was the Game Master class that I saw on that one graph. Which then again I've seen three graphs, this one included, and this one is the only with the Game Master Class. Also seeing it isolated and in a red box thinking maybe that the game managers go into the game or something to socialize do event or something of that sort. Wild guess at best.

They occasionally appear on game. but they rarely do. last time i saw GM sprite on game was actually around 8? years ago.

#14 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

They occasionally appear on game. but they rarely do. last time i saw GM sprite on game was actually around 8? years ago.

"occasionally"?????

How about every week. One of my guildmates managed to find Oda playing hide and seek and got an OCA out of it. and then Momiji is always doing some kind of war event where you just kill stuff.

#15 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

"occasionally"?????

How about every week. One of my guildmates managed to find Oda playing hide and seek and got an OCA out of it. and then Momiji is always doing some kind of war event where you just kill stuff.

Never done hide and seek so i guess its easy to find them.

#16 Gunkar

Gunkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLes Écureuils
  • Server:Ygg, Valk, CLASSIC

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

And when you pass from novice to super novice (or high novice) does your base lvl go back to 1?? if so.. do you loose your stats ? I mean.. if i'm going to change my class to super novice.. am I best to keep leveling since my stats will go higher or no difference because the moment you change class (novice to high novice) the stats reset?

edit: found my answer

so high novice is completely different from super novice.. when you go from novice to super novice (lvl 45 or 40?) then your stats stay the same.. just continuing building up his stats... and you can build you're job lvl for the first skills...

oh well.

Edited by Gunkar, 03 April 2012 - 09:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users