Ok Guildies! TODAY!...... WE MVP!................... if anything is alive - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ok Guildies! TODAY!...... WE MVP!................... if anything is alive

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

So. Here is my problem.

I can never take people to MvP because MvP's always dead.

GM's please do something. Anything.

#2 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

If you are on valkyrie and your guildies are waitting, maybe I could break a few bloody braches for you ^^;

There is supposedly an upgraded form of the MVP summoner being tested somewhere and implemented sometime. Probably next maint in valve time.

Edited by Kadnya, 25 March 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#3 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

If you are on valkyrie and your guildies are waitting, maybe I could break a few bloody braches for you ^^;

Oh thanks.

Actually, today it was just me and another guy going to kill some MvPs but all dead, Ktull, Atroce, Amon Ra, Hati, Stormy... sigh, how many can we check?

Its just not fun to have to time MvP and turn it into competition more than a game.

We can't kill all the MvPs with just us two so I guess no sense opening BBs. Thanks for the offer though.

#4 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Probably next maint in valve time.

So after about 17 more million dollars goes into their bank account got it

#5 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Its just not fun to have to time MvP and turn it into competition more than a game.

But MvPing has always been a competition. Thats why its free for all in the first place too. That is also why people camp the spawns.

#6 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

But MvPing has always been a competition. Thats why its free for all in the first place too. That is also why people camp the spawns.

Free fr all is nice. Competition is nice. But I don't want to compete EVERY TIME. and realise EVERY MOTHER FACING MVP IS CAMPED.

#7 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

so do ET or sumthin

#8 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Free fr all is nice. Competition is nice. But I don't want to compete EVERY TIME. and realise EVERY MOTHER FACING MVP IS CAMPED.

ET is viable & MVP Summoner is also viable if he ever comes back.

#9 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

BBs?

EDIT: I suggest this because they are obtainable thru just about everything in game, even Dally. Just run a donation drive in the guild if possible and purely voluntary maybe?

Edited by Inubashiri, 25 March 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#10 stemah

stemah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

another problem is when you and another player is killing the MVP, and if you were the one who killed it, the other player loots the drop lol,.

#11 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

You just need to keep trying. They may very well be camped but you can often get lucky and find them regardless. Sometimes people let the times slip. Sometimes you can get there before them.

Try checking during non-peak hours.

#12 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Must be bad to play in Valk server if you're a hardcore MvPer. Whenever I hunt for MvPs, I rarely encounter any competition.

#13 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Competition is exciting, problem is when an mvp stops being free for all and starts being pay to win, aka people that cashed in for tons of mvp hunt/convex mirror boxes; sadly still many of them.

Also, of course most mvps would be dead in drop event lol.

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

If you don't have to compete, they're not MVPs, they're just bosses.

#15 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

If you don't have to compete, they're not MVPs, they're just bosses.

Yea. I want Bosses. I do BB events. I do summoner also, thank God for that. just sux not to be able to go up to MvP area and hunt it like Nid.

#16 Pleasant007

Pleasant007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationWarp Portal Forum

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:15 AM

Oh thanks.

Actually, today it was just me and another guy going to kill some MvPs but all dead, Ktull, Atroce, Amon Ra, Hati, Stormy... sigh, how many can we check?

We can't kill all the MvPs with just us two so I guess no sense opening BBs. Thanks for the offer though.

Dude seriously? Ktullanux are out of stock?

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

Yea. I want Bosses. I do BB events. I do summoner also, thank God for that. just sux not to be able to go up to MvP area and hunt it like Nid.

You should do ET, nid and go summon ktull ;p

Edited by Xellie, 26 March 2012 - 05:10 AM.

#18 FroBoyX

FroBoyX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:16 AM

Learn those spawn times, find those gravestones, and give people some competition. It's fun to meet people hunting what the ED community is hunting, and eventually every camper goes to bed. Don't give up, but if you want gerentees then do ET or BB like everyone else is saying. ^^

#19 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:19 AM

Every time I hear some fairly new player say they are going to make an mvp character I cringe. Really? That's like graduating from elementary school and saying you're going to be a neurosurgeon next week. People seem to have a fundamental lack of understanding with what MVPs are. They aren't something that will be there for anyone who wants to do them. Its a highly competitive section of the game where only the strongest, mostly skilled, with least amount of real life responsibility get to win. Promising your guild that they're going to be able to kill these at the flip of your whim is absurd. Like other people stated, ET. Summoner. Bloody Branches. We have tons of avenues for these monsters on iRO; too many in fact. If we were more like WoW and the bosses were private to your guild with character-bound rewards, that'd be one thing. But overabundance of these rare spawns on the world map that drop end game gear will only be detrimental if their gears are too common due to GMs catering to everyone who wants a chance to kill them. There are a few MVPs that are already following WoW's to some extent. Niddhoggur and Sealed Baphomet come to mind. The Kiehl Hyre Quest too. Take your guild onto these excursions. That way you can promise them what they came for, the chance to fight this boss.

#20 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

S>55 x Convex Mirror Boxes PM ME :)

#21 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9329 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Actually, today it was just me and another guy going to kill some MvPs but all dead, Ktull, Atroce, Amon Ra, Hati, Stormy...

Ktullanax doesn't just spawn on it's own. You have to summon it. Quest to summon Ktullanax. You get 4 Freezing Snow Powder from the quest which allows you to summon the MVP one time.

#22 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Dude seriously? Ktullanux are out of stock?

Went and saw Valk WL totally solo the thing. AWESOME sight. Sadly, while she was killing, my guildies were getting ready to come.

#23 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

Ktullanax doesn't just spawn on it's own. You have to summon it. Quest to summon Ktullanax. You get 4 Freezing Snow Powder from the quest which allows you to summon the MVP one time.

Sigh, I know this, I killed the thing over a hundred times. Dead Ktull means the flames are out and its not on map.

Anyway, I concede. MvPs are sufficient seems to be the overall rule. So I will look more into Nid, ET and BBs, forget the fields. The sad thing is, out of these only Nid is profitable on a small scale operation, to expose lower level, newer players to MvP's I mean. And it takes some time to do the Nid quest. Will have to make that mandatory then.

Thanks for your input all.

Edited by Trini, 26 March 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

so do the quest

#25 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

so do the quest

Errrm... the flames only appear 2 hours after Ktull dies. If doing quest makes the flames appear that's awesome but, I can't make so many alts to keep doing the quest. C'MON!! I just want to be abele to ease through game and run up on a monster chest like any other normal RPG. I don't want to have to get all absorbed into game spending half my time behind it just to have some fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users