AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 21 new 3/26 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 21 new 3/26

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:19 AM

Install per the 1.35 thread here: http://forums.warppo...sion-avail-423/

http://drazzy.com/ai/v140/AzzyAI%201.40%20Dev%2021.zip

Recent changes:

1.40 dev 21 - release candidate
* Fixed tanking mode
* Fixed issue with sniping in unusual circumstances
* Fixed minor issue with chase state after dropping a target after someone else attacked it.

1.40 dev 20 - release candidate
* Fixed issue with Dieter selfbuff skills
* Added OnInit() call, for players to handle multiple homun AI configurations.
* Added protection for file conflict issue when using multiple homuns at once - will now fail gracefully.
* AoE skill count no longer counts killsteals as targets when deciding whether to cast an AoE
* Sonic claw delay is back, because the GMs added a short delay on it
* Added UseSmartBulwark option - if this is 1 (default), amistr bulwark will only be used if it would leave 120 sp for bloodlust.

1.40 dev 19
* Sonic claw will be spammed faster now
* Fixed issue with movement destination selection. This will fix issue with choosing non-optimal cells to move to, and prevent a hang possible under unusual conditions.a
* Corrected issue with monster counting function.
* Corrected anti-mob skills to count the monsters within the AoE instead of the monsters currently near the homun.
* Fixed timing for Sera's Poison Mist skill
* Internal stability improvements
* Added improved tracing for issue with failure to call AI()
* Improved reporting of serious error conditions. Please delete all AAI*.log files in your RO folder.
* Improved reporting of time in AAIStartH/AAIStartM files.

1.40 dev 18
* Disabled dance attack near edges of screen to prevent an obstacle-slide effect from pushing the homun off screen

1.40 dev 17
* Corrected bloodlust support
* Improved behavior when chasing moving targets - if you're faster, you'll catch it now.
* Fixed issue with loop at edges of screen

1.40 dev 16
* Corrected issue with improper default values contributing to improperly dropped targets.
* Improved system for chasing blocked targets.
* Improved catches for rescue loops.
* Possible improvement in dance attack
* Improved logging around chasing and movement.

1.40 dev 15x1
* Unbroke dance attack

1.40 dev 15
* Independent cooldown timers for Moonlight, Caprice, Chaotic Blessing, and Healing Hands. I have not tested this with a homun with more than 1 attack skill since I don't have any yet, so try it out and see if it works.
* Added improved logging to try to nail down a freeze bug - If your homun freezes, please take a trace while it's frozen, and post the trace here.
* Added bloodlust autocast support (like flitting, its treated as a quicken skill). I think it's dumb to use a skill with a 20 minute cooldown when the homun could just be sitting there waiting for stuff to kill, but the system to use buffs more intelligently won't be ready until 1.50, and this has been a very very common request, so I've added it.

1.40 dev 14
* Fixed critical issue that lead to homun running off screen.
* Fixed issue where fix for archers introduced with dev 7 was not applied when homun HP was above AggroHP
* Minor responsiveness tweaks.
* Fixed more improper tail calls.
* Fixed a number of cases where responsiveness measures were being used improperly, forcing me to use more conservative settings for the responsiveness measures. This has been corrected. (this will be tested with more aggressive settings, and these will be included in the next version if they do not adversely effect stability).
* Fixed several issues with improperly dropped targets.
* Fixed issue with follow state in strongly adverse conditions.
* Fixed issue with spurious warnings in AAI_Warning.log - changes introduced in dev 9 had led to warnings being produced under normal circumstance.

1.40 dev 13
* Fixed issue with moving long distances.
* Improved chasing behavior, should fix the wobble.
* Improved boundary detection while chasing.
* Fixed issue with SP being counted incorrectly when using skill levels other than max level
* Fixed issue a distance function in AzzyUtil.lua (no reported issues in the field).
* Fixed issue with occasional target dropping while closing to melee range.
* Fixed critical issue with skill use while chasing.

1.40 dev 12
* Fixed issue with snipe tactic causing errors.

1.40 dev 11
* Fixed issue with provoke state.
* Fixed issue with provoke skill info.
* Fixed issue with AI mistaking sacrifice for provoke
* Three above issues combined to cause crashes on homuns with sacrifice when autoprovoke was enabled.

1.40 Dev 10
* Fixed issue where we attempted to use math.huge which isn't implemented in lua 5.0.2
* Fixed issue where chase state tried to move to a target one last time after dropping it's old target.
* Fixed line 667 error, which was caused by the combination of the two above bugs.
* Corrected error where stationary aggrodist and movebound would be used if the owner was moving only in the north-south direction.
* Improved logging for the closest cell calculations, because they're brittle and cause a lot of problems.
* Corrected issue with ranged mercenaries moving 1 cell closer than they need to when approaching targets from the west and south.

#2 BrunoFerreira

BrunoFerreira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

I think the independent cooldown timer isn't working for Chaotic Blessings: my chatbox is always flooded with "[Chaotic Blessings] Skill can't be cast" whenever he casts it once, meaning he's trying to cast it multiple times during the cooldown.

I used to have the same issue with Caprice before dev 15, when the independent cooldown timers were implemented. Apparently it's not working properly for Chaotic Blessings for some reason. This is a really minor issue though so don't worry too much about it if there are more important things in your to-do list.

Aside that, my homunculus is still not respecting the UseAutoSkill_MinSP setting. It's not really bothering me but it's sure something you should look into.

Thanks again for your great work!

#3 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

Good news and horrible news Azzy.

Good news... the dropped mobs are not limited to your AI. MirAI is doing the exact same behavior - and I know DAMN well that that is not normal.

Horrible news... that means something is very broken on either the client side or server side and probably can't do anything about it in the AI.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

Confirmed, Chaotic Blessings and Healing Hands weren't checking the skill specific cooldown. I wish you'd reported this yesterday, as it was a simple fix that could have gone into dev 21.

What's the correct delay for chaotic blessings, by the way? I'm not certain the cooldown i'm using is correct.

Edit: Also confirmed issue with min SP. Corrected for dev 22, has been broken since dev 7 and not reported until now.

As i've said before, I'm not able to reproduce the issue (also, correct me if i'm wrong, but we still don't have a tracert of it dropping a target - in the tracert you showed me, you said the target was killed with normal attacks (after the server blackholed a skill use attempt)

Certainly, there ARE correct times for it to drop a mob (for example, if the mob is running off screen, it takes a swipe at it (and hits it) but by the time the zenorc realizes it's been hit and wheels around to attack the homun, it's now outside the movement bounds, so it drops the target, not realizing that in a couple hundred ms, the target will be running after it. I have yet to see a dropped target that doesn't make sense - thought it's real hard to track targeting by eye in OD2.

Dev 22 tonight:

1.40 dev 22 - release candidate
* Fixed issue with Chaotic Blessings and Healing Hands not correctly using cooldown.
* Fixed issue in which UseAutoSkill_MinSP would be ignored if Berserk_IgnoreMinSP (defaults to 1) was enabled, even when the AI wasn't in berserk mode.
* Cleaned up SP checking, much easier to read and work on now
* Cleaned up attack state logging.
* New option for homuns: MobSkillFixedLevel - if set to 1, always use the level set via (homuntype)(skill)Level option (ex, DieterLavaSlideLevel)) for antimob skills, ignoring tactics stating otherwise. Defaults to 1. I've been seeing lots of people using lvl 1~4 of lava slide in OD2, and i'm pretty sure it's because they wanted to use lvl 1~4 of the bolt skills, but level 5 of lava slide.

Edited by DrAzzy, 26 March 2012 - 11:15 AM.

#5 BrunoFerreira

BrunoFerreira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Yeah, sorry about not reporting that sooner, Azzy. I'm not much of a forum person, and to be honest I don't like taking your AI for granted, which is why I'd rather work around bugs and minor issues like that than pester you for more and more updates. You do this for free after all, and I've been a programmer before and know it's kind of a thankless job.

I did mention the issue with min SP on the last topic, though. In any case, thanks a lot for fixing that so quick, I really appreciate it.

iRO Wiki doesn't say anything about Vanilmirth's cooldowns, but around the internet I've found the following information, that seems to be accurate:
Caprice: 0.8 + (SkillLevel * 0.2) seconds
Chaotic Blessings: 1 second

By the way, my homunculus had some weird behavior this morning, though I don't know exactly how to reproduce it. Basically he would run on a straight line to the south of the screen, ignoring everything on his way and whatever he was supposed to do, until getting offscreen and finally respawning next to me. Seems to happen when I'm "manually mobbing" (basically Alt+Right Click around the screen gathering aggros around me), but not always. I'll try to post some tracing if I catch it happening again.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, sorry about not reporting that sooner, Azzy. I'm not much of a forum person, and to be honest I don't like taking your AI for granted, which is why I'd rather work around bugs and minor issues like that than pester you for more and more updates. You do this for free after all, and I've been a programmer before and know it's kind of a thankless job.

I did mention the issue with min SP on the last topic, though. In any case, thanks a lot for fixing that so quick, I really appreciate it.

iRO Wiki doesn't say anything about Vanilmirth's cooldowns, but around the internet I've found the following information, that seems to be accurate:
Caprice: 0.8 + (SkillLevel * 0.2) seconds
Chaotic Blessings: 1 second

By the way, my homunculus had some weird behavior this morning, though I don't know exactly how to reproduce it. Basically he would run on a straight line to the south of the screen, ignoring everything on his way and whatever he was supposed to do, until getting offscreen and finally respawning next to me. Seems to happen when I'm "manually mobbing" (basically Alt+Right Click around the screen gathering aggros around me), but not always. I'll try to post some tracing if I catch it happening again.

I think the delay on Chaotic Blessings is longer than that. Guess that will have to be manually tested with a stopwatch and the "paw" icons.

Straight south?! Were you at the northwest part of the map? If it was going to go crazy and charge in a straight line off screen as if on a mission from god, i'd have expected it to go southwest, racing towards 0,0 - I mean, I can't think of what situation would do that - but if it's gonna go somewhere, i'd expect 0,0 or -1,-1 to be where it'd make a break for. A trace of that would likely lay bare the problem, if you can manage one.

#7 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

I've encountered that behavior as well. It looks like it's caused by asking it to go to a cell it can't get to. I don't know why it shoots off screen like that though. I would expect to get /... instead.

Don't know if anyone else is noticing it but with Dev20 chasing seems to be semi broken again. Most noticeable in OD2, not bad on other maps as far as I have seen. My cat will run up to a zen or skel smack it and then either run off a few cells and wait OR pick another target and have the mob trail after until it catches up.

I've noticed my Eleanor doing the same behavior. I've not noticed it on my Dieter, however.

Since the Dev 20 update, I've noticed my Dieter doing a lot more chasing than catching. Zens running in a straight line are no problem for it, but ones looting make it run all over the place.

#8 BrunoFerreira

BrunoFerreira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

I've got a minor issue with MoveSticky (not really a bug). Ok, so when it's enabled, my homunculus properly sticks to one place when told to go there. When told to go somewhere else, he walks there and then back to me (basically it turns off the MoveSticky "status"), which is also completely fine or else there would be no way to "unstick" the homunculus.

The issue happens when something forces the homunculus to move out of the sticky position (generally happens when I walk offscreen, forcing him to respawn next to me). Even though the homunculus is moving freely, the next Alt+Right Click doesn't stick him to the cell, probably because it assumes the homunculus is still "stickied" and then it turns off the MoveSticky "status" (he walks to the clicked cell and then back to me).

I don't know how MoveSticky works internally, but I think resetting the involved variables when the homunculus is forced to move or respawn should fix this issue.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

I've encountered that behavior as well. It looks like it's caused by asking it to go to a cell it can't get to. I don't know why it shoots off screen like that though. I would expect to get /... instead.

[/font][/color]

I've noticed my Eleanor doing the same behavior. I've not noticed it on my Dieter, however.

Since the Dev 20 update, I've noticed my Dieter doing a lot more chasing than catching. Zens running in a straight line are no problem for it, but ones looting make it run all over the place.

Please get a trace of it jumping off into deep space like that, so I can see if it's something I can trap out. Usually when telling it to run into a wall, if you choose a cell at the edge of the wall, it'll walk up to the wall (!!! This is new !!! one of the few good things that came out of the move change)

Re the issue of chasing in dev 20 - that was changed back in dev 17, not dev 20. Prior to dev 17, under all but the most favorable network conditions, the homun would have trouble catching even zens running in a straight line (it would move to a cell that it would have been able to hit from when it sent it, but then the zen had moved farther - so a cart-boosted homun would move at sub-cart-boost speed 1 cell at a time for every cell the zen moved, and never catch it). Now, we lead the target, so we can actually catch things running away from us. Unfortunately, when the zenorcs change directions to loot, that confuses the system. If you look back at the thread for dev 17, you'll see lots of people talking about what a huge improvement it is - Point being, the alternative is worse. The system certainly has room for optimization, but that's a job for 1.50 ;-)

I've got a minor issue with MoveSticky (not really a bug). Ok, so when it's enabled, my homunculus properly sticks to one place when told to go there. When told to go somewhere else, he walks there and then back to me (basically it turns off the MoveSticky "status"), which is also completely fine or else there would be no way to "unstick" the homunculus.

The issue happens when something forces the homunculus to move out of the sticky position (generally happens when I walk offscreen, forcing him to respawn next to me). Even though the homunculus is moving freely, the next Alt+Right Click doesn't stick him to the cell, probably because it assumes the homunculus is still "stickied" and then it turns off the MoveSticky "status" (he walks to the clicked cell and then back to me).

I don't know how MoveSticky works internally, but I think resetting the involved variables when the homunculus is forced to move or respawn should fix this issue.

Yeah, I'm aware of this. Stickymove (along with a variety of other movement related things) is being reworked in 1.50.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users