#1 Eriic

Eriic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

WHY THE HELL ARE MVP SO HARD TO SOLO I CANT KILL NOT ONE MVP ON MY 150 RANGER. ITS -_- IMPOSSIBLE. WHY ON EARTH ARE THEY SO HARD!!!!!!! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO EVEN SOLO A MVP ON MY LVL 99 BIOCHEMIST!!!

#2 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Umm. They ARE possible to solo. Phreeoni is extremely easy. So is Orc Hero. And they are MVP's. They aren't supposed to be a peice of cake like a poring. If people killed them like porings...

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

WHY THE HELL ARE MVP SO HARD TO SOLO I CANT KILL NOT ONE MVP ON MY 150 RANGER. ITS -_- IMPOSSIBLE. WHY ON EARTH ARE THEY SO HARD!!!!!!! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO EVEN SOLO A MVP ON MY LVL 99 BIOCHEMIST!!!

Well why would they be called MVPs then?

They are possible to solo, you're just doing it wrong.

#4 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Learn to properly play class perhaps?

#5 Eriic

Eriic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

well nobodys talking about those garbage mvps

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

yeah well that's where the word "MVP" comes into play.

#7 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

LOL what do you want any one who hits 150 to just go solo any MVP? I personally dont think any should be that easy to solo at all. And If you wanted to solo MVP'S why didnt you make a sura or gen? Or just get 193 aspd hit lock it and mob should be ok to pot and just do it like that

#8 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

I think he's trolling guys...

#9 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

It would be a sad trolling if he was trying to troll... anyways:

#10 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

I think he's trolling too. I remember seeing a video of a 150 Ranger on kRO that solo'd Fallen Bishop, so yeah.....

#11 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

Don't know if trolling or just suk that bad...

#12 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

I bet he played on a private server, those people are so use to killing MVPs so fast but they complain they cant do it on legit servers. My Rune knight isn't even close to 150 and I can still kill a few MVPs with the least amounts of buffs I need for it.

Hes definitely trolling.

#13 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

It would be a sad trolling if he was trying to troll... anyways:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phwRKycCrl8

Is this pre-balance? Looks kinda easier lol.

The slow moving ones like Hatii, Stormy Knight, and Ktullanux are give-away MvP kills that you can get once you have 193 ASPD and stunlock them. You can literally get off your computer, come back 5 minutes and get the MvP once you're back.... lol

#14 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

MvP shouldnt be solable.
the way it is right now it sucks, 90% of the mvps are solable, i miss the old days where we make a party to kill eddga and everyone have to do everything right for a comon goal, now any 6 year old kid can spam any key on the keyboard and kill orc hero, or even kill it with ctrl+click without pot. if the mvp competion arent that hard it is possible some bots could kill it easly.

#15 finklesteinz

finklesteinz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

Are the Bio3 MvP's still ridiculous? I don't hear many people mention them in these types of discussion.

#16 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

They don't really drop anything to make people go through the trouble..but they are still ridiculous.

#17 Versath

Versath

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

I'm not even 150 and I can solo MVP's just fine >_>

#18 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

If you got an MS Sura with GTB, auto heal, and Dark Lord boots, you can MvP Kathryne Keyron (MVP) alone.

#19 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

If you got an MS Sura with GTB, auto heal, and Dark Lord boots, you can MvP Kathryne Keyron (MVP) alone.

I doubt this.

1) Hwiz mvp has a huge amount of mdef (555).
2) Shortly after fight starts, Hwiz will receive assumptio (now 1110 mdef).
3) Hwiz will change to random level of holy element (possible that fire will deal 0 damage to MvP)
4) High Priest mini rapidly heals
5) Mastersmith mini will break shield (though FCP can counter).
6) 3/5 minis will be doing ~1.5k-2k per NORMAL hit to MS without alice shield (and they still have non-magical skill attacks).
7) Halfway through the fight, it is possible to have to simultaneously fight MvP + 10 minibosses.
8) MS only lasts up to 2.5 minutes.

Also, regarding the previous post about a kRO ranger soloing fallen bishop, I think it's due to a borderline bug exploit (tons of talkie boxes + life leech from traps).

#20 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

I doubt this.

3) Hwiz will change to random level of holy element (possible that fire will deal 0 damage to MvP)
6) 3/5 minis will be doing ~1.5k-2k per NORMAL hit to MS without alice shield (and they still have non-magical skill attacks).
7) Halfway through the fight, it is possible to have to simultaneously fight MvP + 10 minibosses.

Also, regarding the previous post about a kRO ranger soloing fallen bishop, I think it's due to a borderline bug exploit (tons of talkie boxes + life leech from traps).

The video I watched did not involve any of those kinds of shenanigans. From what I could tell in the video, he just had such stupidly high aspd that he could basically hitlock Bishop along with his wolf. It looked like he was critting quite a bit, and each crit seemed to be doing something like 1.5-3k dmg. Either way, it was pretty impressive.

#21 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:00 AM

The bio3 mvps need to have their loot re-designed for renewal so that they are worth the challenge..

#22 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

The video I watched did not involve any of those kinds of shenanigans. From what I could tell in the video, he just had such stupidly high aspd that he could basically hitlock Bishop along with his wolf. It looked like he was critting quite a bit, and each crit seemed to be doing something like 1.5-3k dmg. Either way, it was pretty impressive.

If the tactic was in hitlocking the MvP from range--which seems to be a mix of high aspd + slow moving MvP + hit from far range--I think it's unclear whether this tactic is intended in game design.

Other cases of position locked MvP taking damage (e.g. fiberlock + ranged damage) result in a rude attack teleport. For some reason, such an MvP teleport doesn't occur with high aspd ranger ctrl-click on slow moving MvPs.

It's possible that it is intended, since it's been used and shown even pre-renewal (apparently 190 aspd was enough for some MvPs), in which case rangers would be legitimately more formidable solo MvPers than the original (troll or no) post implies. I'd guess on the hitlock not being intended, though, since (when successful) it essentially turns natural spawn MvPs into wall-bugged ones.

#23 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Indeed, there are no shenanigans here. It's all pure skill. I've done this too from a Blood Branch Bishop since it's easier to MvP him on a field than in Nameless. Here's the video of that Ranger if you wanna see how it's done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DOOM7lSCMU

I doubt this.

I've seen this in kRO. I don't have all the details on his equipment but it's possible he may have other godly gears at work and maybe I was mistaken about KK but another biolab 3 MVP.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 09 April 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#24 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

then i want to ask do you all having problems when the monster agi up like darklord dopple dracula and many more?

i know garm you hitlock it then it will not agi up but the others seem so stil agi up which in the end screws me :P

then i want to ask do you all having problems when the monster agi up like darklord dopple dracula and many more?

i know garm you hitlock it then it will not agi up but the others seem so stil agi up which in the end screws me :P

#25 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

No. Those MvPs have crappy flee in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users