#1 Astanex

Astanex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

Okay, I can't seem to find this anywhere else, so I'm asking here.
I have a Homunculus. An Amistr. Now, I could let him go to town in Ant Hell til he's 99. But, should I evolve him first?
I mean, if he's in his first ape form, and levels up, he might get one or two attack, some HP, and various other stats.
If he's in his second, will he get more per level up? Even if it's just sitting around Pronteria Vending, I don't mind killing time. Just set a timer for ten minute intervals and recall him when I'm AFK.
Is there some bonus to waiting? Or am I just wasting time?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

Doesn't matter when you evolve them. Stat growth is same for evolved and unevolved homuns, and does not effect the stats you get from evolving it.

What IS important is that if you're a Genetic, you will gimp you HP/SP growth if you let it level past 99 without first evolving to Homun S. Note that if you do not have the Amistr loyalty skill (which you presumably want) when you change it to Homun S, you can never get it - so you want to get your Amistr to loyal evolved for the skill, before you change it to homun S.

#3 IVBela

IVBela

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Too bad there's no information about this anywhere. Anyways, according to my experiences I got *much* more HP/SP when evolving it at 99 than those who evolved it at early levels. Need some more testing on this though.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

Too bad there's no information about this anywhere. Anyways, according to my experiences I got *much* more HP/SP when evolving it at 99 than those who evolved it at early levels. Need some more testing on this though.

Just luck, I think.

There's huge variance in the HP gained on evolution (random). I got same SP growth, and HP growth was very close between the one I evolved at low level and the one I evolved at 99. I think we'd have seen angry people evolving at lvl 1 if there was a difference (because people certainly did that).

#5 novalkar

novalkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

I evolved my Amistr to it's second form on lvl 1 (during the "kill your old friendhomunculus and get a new one with full intimacy free" event), now she is the highest HP Sera i've found so far, I've seen Dieters with more HP tough. Too bad i didn't record it's growth during his amistr phase :P.

As Azzy says, it might be just luck.

#6 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

The only reason to evolve him is for blood lust because that wittle pig monkey is so adorable the way he pats his foot on the ground with those blushing cheeks its so cute. Then it turns kind of ugly. First form monkey amistr is the best of all the 21 different homuncs.

#7 Astanex

Astanex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

Huh. Thanks for the responses. One other thing I couldn't find. Is it likely my Amistr's stats will max?
I was told by a guild member that 150 is the max, and that odds are, at level 150, it will max out its stats, provided I evolve it at 99.

#8 novalkar

novalkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

Huh. Thanks for the responses. One other thing I couldn't find. Is it likely my Amistr's stats will max?
I was told by a guild member that 150 is the max, and that odds are, at level 150, it will max out its stats, provided I evolve it at 99.

i have a 125 Amistr -> Sera, she has all her stats maxed at her current level except for her int, which is currently at 90.

I've been tracking her stat growth since i evolved her into a Sera, and seeing her current growth speed, I think she wont be able to max her int, if her growth speed doesn't change she will get to ~130 int when getting to 150.

This might not be true for all Amistr based homuns though, i've seen other amistr with higher int than mine.

https://docs.google....MTUxbVhzY2l2ZGc

Edited by novalkar, 31 March 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#9 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

Just make sure you Loyal it on its second form for Blood lust. Its a really great skill, with only one bad side being the 15 min delay timer. Blood Lust works through different Homunculus S skills. So the closer you get to getting it loyal'ed second form, you should be considering what type of Homunculus S you want!

And yea homunculus S will typically 150 most of their stats prior to getting lv150. Just keep a excel sheet on your computer and track it's progress as it levels as a homunculus S.

#10 Astanex

Astanex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

What's a good Homunculus S form? I was thinking Dieter for his tanking abilities, and for Magma Flow. Still, I'll admit I've no clue to the others.

#11 Gambri

Gambri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:11 AM

Dieter's an excellent choice for both WoE and PvM purposes. You have an Amistr base so it will be very tedious to level it until 109 when it gets lava slide, but definitely worth it in the end. A couple of notes on Dieter and its skills:

- Granitic Armor reduces all incoming damage, not just physical. The HP penalty means it's not worth it for leveling purposes, but it's very nice when MVPing since you'll be potting and most MVPs die in under 1 minute anyway.
- Magma Flow turns Dieter into a leveling monster, especially in Magma 2. I was teleporting around until I landed in a mobby area and just letting dieter kill everything with Magma Flow. If the mobs are big enough, they will be vaporized in seconds. In fact, I don't think I ever ran into a mob that was too big to handle. 6m/h for Dieter and 10m/h for me when I was in range during the 2x exp event.
- Pyroclastic adds a very noticable amount of damage to both Acid Bomb and Cart Cannon. About ~20k to Acid Bomb depending on the MvP and 3-8k to Cart Cannon depending on the mob and if it's weak to fire or not. With Pyro up i'm doing around 31k CCs to Scarabas, and with a couple more buffs or a bit better gear i'd be able to 2-shot them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users