next week's turn ins? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

next week's turn ins?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 gummyb

gummyb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

The whole turn-in idea is bunk and needs to end, really.

But as long as we are doing it, they could shake things up by doing any of the following:

- "leveling up" a monster for the high end turn ins, like do a map with a map that normally has 90-105 monsters but make them all 5x harder and give more exp.
- Use rare spawn monsters with low rewards in abnormally high quantity (example: bloody knight)
- Use bosses as turn in targets and just make the requisite kill count quit low. Bosses with crappy drops/cards (or just take out the card drop). Large map. 50 doppelgangers on it. Each with a 10 minute respawn timer. Make the party kill 25 of them for the kill count.

Honestly, if you make them harder, no one is going to do it. ITS ALREADY HARD ENOUGH GETTING 400 COUNT. Seriously, i dont like this idea at all.

#27 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

None of what I described is "harder" ... are you serious?

#28 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly in Ragnarok universe
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

The whole turn-in idea is bunk and needs to end, really.

But as long as we are doing it, they could shake things up by doing any of the following:

- "leveling up" a monster for the high end turn ins, like do a map with a map that normally has 90-105 monsters but make them all 5x harder and give more exp.
- Use rare spawn monsters with low rewards in abnormally high quantity (example: bloody knight)
- Use bosses as turn in targets and just make the requisite kill count quit low. Bosses with crappy drops/cards (or just take out the card drop). Large map. 50 doppelgangers on it. Each with a 10 minute respawn timer. Make the party kill 25 of them for the kill count.

Honestly, if you make them harder, no one is going to do it. ITS ALREADY HARD ENOUGH GETTING 400 COUNT. Seriously, i dont like this idea at all.

Maybe make it optional? I mean, something like add normal TIs and one boss TI? And the boss TI will gives 2x more than 135-150 TI?

Edited by Yomihime, 27 March 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#29 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

Are you guys serious

If you can't kill doppel (lvl 77?) with a party of level 140s you don't deserve to 150. And 25 doppels gives 3x the EXP of 400 scarabas.

Honestly it sounds like you guys just want an easy freebie to 150 semi-afk auto-following a ranger. Killing 25 doppels should take you about 30 minutes and can be done with a variety of classes rather than ranger as killer. Its better. What the flippitty flying floop, people.

Edited by Jaye, 27 March 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#30 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

I think mvps like doppel are ridiculized enough to make turn in maps with them and slaughter like porings...

#31 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

a lot of the old mvps are a triffle weak in renewal :(

#32 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

The idea is not bad though but not in turn ins imo, Gravity should really push the dificulty level like modern MMORPGs with INSTANCES, not the crappy ones it has right now but real instances where it takes 30~60s to kill a single minion thing while taking heavy damage, making healers AND potting a must, the only thing close to this right now is bio3 which is not an instance (I know we will get bio4 eventually and I hope that's a true instance).

Right now we don't have any of that, people is rushed to an end-game stage which is non existant beside sieges, there's no pvm content that would require an entire guild to take out and with the loads of damage some classes are able to dish out MvPs with several millions HP would be needed...

#33 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

Are you guys serious

If you can't kill doppel (lvl 77?) with a party of level 140s you don't deserve to 150. And 25 doppels gives 3x the EXP of 400 scarabas.

Honestly it sounds like you guys just want an easy freebie to 150 semi-afk auto-following a ranger. Killing 25 doppels should take you about 30 minutes and can be done with a variety of classes rather than ranger as killer. Its better. What the flippitty flying floop, people.

Dopple is EZ enough, but 50 on a 10 minute respawn timer? Were turn ins ever intended to be competitive?

#34 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

I miss people dying in Turn-ins. About time we should get that Bio 3 TI back in there. It's more fun when ABs are actually struggling to keep the party alive instead of just spamming group heals/buffs and not learning how to play their class.

#35 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

Sometimes I wonder if some people are intentionally playing their class wrong. I just got out of a Hugel TI where the high priestess would run ahead and mob monsters instead of healing, and she would come back to the party with a dozen Red/Yellow Novuses while 4 people lay dead on the ground. She would then revive the people who died and run off again to repeat the whole thing all over.

Edited by KataiKou, 27 March 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#36 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

honestly since we hit 75k facebook members we should be given another little reward like a bio 2 turn-in...It's been ages!!!

Come on guys ;)

#37 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Sometimes I wonder if some people are intentionally playing their class wrong. I just got out of a Hugel TI where the high priestess would run ahead and mob monsters instead of healing, and she would come back to the party with a dozen Red/Yellow Novuses while 4 people lay dead on the ground. She would then revive the people who died and run off again to repeat the whole thing all over.

lol much worse when I see a biochem get a party killed because his homunculus pulls an aggro..... <_<

But yeah, I want BIO 3 to come back. It's time to put all these 10+ equipment and backpacks to good use and kill something satisfying.

#38 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

A bio 2 turn in with just 2 monsters to kill would be fine too in my opinion. Might be better suited for 125-140 though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users