Make 3rd class better Potters/forgers! - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Make 3rd class better Potters/forgers!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#26 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

I remember when someone made a thread calling the Valkyrie guild potter a hacker/cheater for getting 600k+ Alchemist points in a day. That Marionette Control/reset trick really is awesome. xD

#27 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

Wasn't there talk about raising the Job Level cap for 3rd classes across the board at some point?

#28 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

Wasn't there talk about raising the Job Level cap for 3rd classes across the board at some point?

I vaguely recall hearing something like that.

Wow, some people miss the point of the thread.
If you are a pure potter biochem, why isn't there a proper pure potter branch for genetics? I don't even want to start with how their is no forging/crafting for mechs at all.
I don't see why you can't at minimum craft items to use with madogear, like ammo and stuff. Or
maybe an expansion of weapons forging?

#29 kiryuphoenix

kiryuphoenix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

Not really. I did it.
http://ropd.info/?account=1886757

Game is easy mode.

Genetic can get 100% success on Alchemist potions. Your friends quit over this? Idiots.

Thats funny Art, cause your one of the people who told me that alchemist were always better -_-;;

#30 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

You can make a pure potter gene o_O the only mistake Gravity made was allowing 1st/2nd job characters to consume +20 stat foods. If a gene could use +20s and a bio could not, the gene's rates would be better, with the need for the gene to cook themselves these foods constantly. Makes 100% sense to me. Besides, +20 foods on a 2nd job character when leveling is a waste, its only used to abuse success rates on stuff like potting, which I think its fair to nerf bio over gene for this very reason.

#31 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

^ id be down with that. It makes sense that bios shouldn't use +20s, id like incentive to change into a genetic, but as of right now there is none.

#32 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

^ id be down with that. It makes sense that bios shouldn't use +20s, id like incentive to change into a genetic, but as of right now there is none.

Depends on what you are brewing. Slims / blues, no not much of a reason at all. Bombs ( specifically grenades ) on the other hand.... thats a different story. Genetics have it much easier brewing grenade sources ( very cheap alcs ) and can brew up more quite quickly. It's also good for stockpiling alcs for seal quests.

Personally I have 2 brewers. One is a genetic the other is an alchy ( too lazy to hit bio, alchy success is still decent ) so I use both.... genetic for foods / alcs / other special pharm and alchy for making grenades / acids / other stuff.

#33 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

99 base dex is better with the amount of bonus dex you get from job.

And with the amount of -int gears there are, should sit at least around 6x int.

We're assuming the use of reset stones, so we can disregard the MC cap. All other things being equal, 42/9x/9x int/dex/luk is better than 25/99/99. You can still have 99 dex or luk--just not 99 for both of them.

#34 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

Can't you just for-go getting any kind of high dex at all just get 50 dex and have a Minstril/Gypsy Marionette Control you? I used to see this all the time back in the day.

#35 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

Thats funny Art, cause your one of the people who told me that alchemist were always better -_-;;

You need to be on the ball and watch every single patch notice and be wary how to abuse the changes in every possible way.

Things change quickly in this game. What was utter garbage could be worth billions after any given maintenance at the whim of the GM's. (Or the other way around).

#36 kiryuphoenix

kiryuphoenix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

You need to be on the ball and watch every single patch notice and be wary how to abuse the changes in every possible way.

Things change quickly in this game. What was utter garbage could be worth billions after any given maintenance at the whim of the GM's. (Or the other way around).

Sorry that i apparently missed one or two cause i have a life outside of RO. There have many others that have told me, even as of recent, that a bio will ALWAYS be a better potter and thus there is no reason to waste the time to make 3rd class potters. Which is why i assume about 7 of the 9 visible on ROPD are biochemist and not genetics. Renoullie isnt viewable so im not sure of the 10th but the 7 of 9 has to say something. And it cant just be they are to lazy to 150 another character...all the work ppl put in this game says other wise

#37 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

Sorry that i apparently missed one or two cause i have a life outside of RO. There have many others that have told me, even as of recent, that a bio will ALWAYS be a better potter and thus there is no reason to waste the time to make 3rd class potters. Which is why i assume about 7 of the 9 visible on ROPD are biochemist and not genetics. Renoullie isnt viewable so im not sure of the 10th but the 7 of 9 has to say something. And it cant just be they are to lazy to 150 another character...all the work ppl put in this game says other wise

My potter is a bio (although I also have a 150/50 genetic that I could pot with if I wanted to). I don't use reset stones, though, so biochemist is better for me.

And I'm only hiding temporarily because it's nearly April 1 and I remember what happened last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users