Sick to death of this BS - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Sick to death of this BS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 Arathana

Arathana

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

So i started playing iRO again after not playing for some years and was interested in seeing what changes have happened. alot of the changes i dont like and alot i do like.

Since ive had to start fresh with new characters the first couples of days went smoothly i thought until an odd thing i hadnt seen was that there was an MVP in payon dungeon level 1
queen scarab.... wtf? now i know theres items called bloody branches that summon MVPs why are people allowed to use them in low lvl areas? the damn thing was there for atleast 10 hours and i died to it at least 16 times, now normally i wouldnt be as upset about dieing when you realise that you lose exp every time you die!

I also have a friend that started playing just after me, he went exploring in surrounding areas of prontera, payon and alberta. he warned me that he spotted a MVP near payon while he was gathering items for the gunslinger quest.

Today me and my friend were killing hornets in prt_fild05 and heading south when we got killed by a kasa a lone kasa, and he screams over ventrilo "wtf that thing is still here!" and informs me that its been there for over 12 hours.

now i have read that there are "community events" that spawn mobs around prontera but this is just ridiculous! its all fine and dandy for people who have high level characters but what
about new players. we get killed and lose exp for the amusement of high level players!

i would say a few things need to be change 1: either ban all branches that spawn mobs. 2: make a room where you can use the branches that can be locked so that they dont interfere with
lowbies 3: have these maps check the map ever hour for mobs that do not belong and despawn them even if they were spawned with branches or GMs. 4: remove exp lose for dieing and have no penalties for a death

as a potential customer i feel less inclined to spend my money on VIP with every mvp i see in low level areas.... Its a joke and something needs to be done about it.

#2 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

Just mentioning, if you die in town you do not lose experience. So if you were swamped by MVP or orc ladies in town, your totaly fine. However, I think BB and DB should be special maps only. It is rather upsetting to the legit non botting player to run into a lone eremes or kasa, random MVP or who knows!

Edited by Fluffylovr, 28 March 2012 - 11:31 PM.

#3 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

ppsdijjwrmiomowmnvwvno potential customerfkwef,wmfewmmwtf?!\

@TS: Encountering MVPs, you always have a choice..

#1 : Move to a different leveling area
#2: Request for Monster Extermination (no one does reject this)

Your request is ridiculous.. why? Because there is no other place to summon Bloody Branches other than dungeons itself.
If they removed the BB's compatibility to "low level" dungeons..
BBs wouldn't be / can't be used anymore.. in logical points. (because other dungeons require a very very long walk)
thus making even more difficult-beyond-comprehension problems.

Kay?

#4 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

ppsdijjwrmiomowmnvwvno potential customerfkwef,wmfewmmwtf?!\

@TS: Encountering MVPs, you always have a choice..

#1 : Move to a different leveling area
#2: Request for Monster Extermination (no one does reject this)

Your request is ridiculous.. why? Because there is no other place to summon Bloody Branches other than dungeons itself.
If they removed the BB's compatibility to "low level" dungeons..
BBs wouldn't be / can't be used anymore.. in logical points. (because other dungeons require a very very long walk)
thus making even more difficult-beyond-comprehension problems.

Kay?

I think there are certain areas that are much better experience.. such as the wopping 1k more exp given by dark priests over anything else in that area, would you really want to move because of someones careless BB? I don't think this person means they should be removed compleatly, they named many options including a special area. Maybe you've never ran into a beelzebub while training, but guess what other people have.

#5 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

I think there are certain areas that are much better experience.. such as the wopping 1k more exp given by dark priests over anything else in that area, would you really want to move because of someones careless BB? I don't think this person means they should be removed compleatly, they named many options including a special area. Maybe you've never ran into a beelzebub while training, but guess what other people have.

I did, and I always had the choice.. whether to continue and not continue leveling for awhile.

Simple eh? Why make the tiny problem so vast such as this one?

A single sentence to big people like "Could you please kill an MVP in this area" wouldn't hurt. Than actually requesting for a "new remedy".

#6 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

just go in eden and nicely announce where the mob or MVP is and if someone could please kill it.. results are usually decent

#7 Arathana

Arathana

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

when queen scarab was terrorising lowbies in payon dungeon i took the time to go to eden group and tried getting someone to come and kill it after about 6 hours i asked a max lvl gillotine cross if he could come and kill it.

i pulled the poor person away from what ever he was doing to kill it but unfortunatly he couldnt as it was too strong for him, which made me feel bad for wasting his time.

multiple times i went to eden group to try and get it killed i ended up going to bed after 10 hours....

Edited by Arathana, 28 March 2012 - 11:50 PM.

#8 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

Not everyone has all the time of day to waste around waiting for someone to kill an MVP. I have multiple charecters but none that can kill mvp's by themselves because I lack the proper supplies. I work, have a boyfriend and do other things. Sometimes I use RO to escape my daily routines and when an MVP is in my way.. Like Thanatos in Nogg before maint, its a little annoying, much more bothersome then you think. Especially if it sneeks up on you in your endless lag and you die. I am not saying the option isnt there, I am saying many don't have the time to make that option. And not everyone is as charitable as you think to go kill an MVP. 99% of the people in eden are AFK or won't believe there really is an mvp there, or have that "Meh probably gone now" additude and wont even lift a finger to help. Even my own guildies who are my best friends said "Gluck mate" when I asked for assistance in removing thanatos from nogg, because it was ghost type and they were too lazy to gear an RK. If friends are unwilling, would a stranger be that much more willing?

Its just frusterating to me and many others when it is assumed there is time for these options.

#9 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

I've never had it take more than 5 minutes for me to run into eden and
yell "MVP on blah blah map" and to have it dead.

Rogue monsters happen so learn to deal with it now, cuz you have to deal with it plenty later when you start leveling on maps
where mvps naturally spawn. Then who you gonna complain too?

I was killing orc ladies and a wild orc hero appeared and i ded.
I was killing scarabs and a wild scarab queen appeared and i ded.
i was hunting mini valks and a wild big valk appeared and i ded

See the pattern. Take this as an opportunity to perfect your flywinging and other GTFO skills.

#10 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:12 AM

I don't get why you seethed with a hissy fit internally instead of taking a step back, breathing a few times, and asked another player about the situation in game. If you did you would have quicklly learned 1) payon Dungeon is a BAD place to level, horrible exp. And they could suggest to you a better spot 2) there are high level players that would enjoy killing that MVP if they knew it was there

Problem was you were internalizing, being anti-social, and being arrogant thinking nobody could possibly advise you better than you yourself possibly could. So rather than coming up with a better way of handling your leveling for the day you internalized the need for GMs to facilitate what you want.

GMs can't police every map in the game. Bloody Branches would not be useable anywhere if people like you had your way. Take more responsibility for yourself. Don't expect to have every little speed bump in your life handled by someone else. Honestly. How old are you? This most recent generation of kids is so damn spoiled. In my day we played on metal swingsets and monkey bars etc. You come from the generation that sued the school until everything had rubber on the edges. jeez.

Edited by Jaye, 29 March 2012 - 04:15 AM.

#11 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

seriously change the game to make it easyer for you seriously....go stand in the corner.

#12 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

I thought its a QQ thread about a Black Smith... Oh well

#13 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Yea, never see that problem in YMIR . " WHAT theres an MVP nearby !!! LEMME EATZ IT ! "
Communities are so vastly different ;O

#14 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn over my head
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

OP has a valid point. These summons should be restricted to maps where you know what you're getting into when you walk on. There's a couple of dead maps, like the one near Comodo that was the original Wild Rose map. You can enter them, but there's no monsters. Disable DB's and BB's except for these maps, since players can't seem to be decent about making sure their BB's and DB's don't cause problems for other players. That, or disable BB's and DB's entirely. That's my proposition.

Edited by Dmentd, 29 March 2012 - 10:45 AM.

#15 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

Its just frusterating to me and many others when it is assumed there is time for these options.

OH MY GOD NOOOO THE BOMB WILL EXPLODE IF I AM NOT LEVEL 13 BY NOON!!!!!! THE PRIME MINISTER ISN'T SAAAAFFFFEEEE!!!!!

#16 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

dont mind Jaye, he/she trolls anyone lol

#17 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

There is something more frustrating than dying at low level: It is frustrating when we have fun things disabled for the one or two new players who might not be playing one month after...

#18 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

OH MY GOD NOOOO THE BOMB WILL EXPLODE IF I AM NOT LEVEL 13 BY NOON!!!!!! THE PRIME MINISTER ISN'T SAAAAFFFFEEEE!!!!!

Your sarcasm was rude and unnecessary. How about instead of crawling up peoples asses you look to a new horizon and see try to see things the ways others are expressing them. Just because you have the time doesn't me I or Her or Anyone else does. As stated in my post and by the OP. Asking for MVP or DB removal was done and noone came to aid.

#19 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

Man, the servers really are different. On ymir, i'm honestly surprised if I see a random BB monster last longer than 5 minutes. People all up for eating random MVPs.

#20 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

There is something more frustrating than dying at low level: It is frustrating when we have fun things disabled for the one or two new players who might not be playing one month after...

agree!!!!

#21 kiwiii

kiwiii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

If it's so "Fun" Then why don't people stick around to kill their spawns? Since the MVPs that were mentioned stayed around for HOURS it's pretty safe to assume whoever spawned them didn't intend on killing them. Shouldn't have to abandon a quest, or find a new leveling spot because of some trolls.

#22 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

If it's so "Fun" Then why don't people stick around to kill their spawns?

Because people are friends, thats why. The whole point of BB'ing a random place when you do that is because you intend to make someone else's life miserable. However, once you get into end game, your soon see everyone is fighting over MVP spawns. Thats why there is even a market for BBs in the first place. So you can have your own private MVP to kill.

Not every high level character is rich either so alot of them really jump up when they hear of an abandoned MVP on some random map that they could go kill.

#23 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

If it's so "Fun" Then why don't people stick around to kill their spawns? Since the MVPs that were mentioned stayed around for HOURS it's pretty safe to assume whoever spawned them didn't intend on killing them. Shouldn't have to abandon a quest, or find a new leveling spot because of some trolls.

First of all, you'd be surprised how easy it is to lose an MVP you intended to kill.

Second, you gotta understand we are big kids here and we play rough sometimes.
BBs and DBs are a known hazard. Maybe you aren't ready to play with us?

And I still think no player that asked for help to kill an MVP has ever been ignored because this is what happens when you into eden...

Posted Image

#24 kiwiii

kiwiii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

First of all, you'd be surprised how easy it is to lose an MVP you intended to kill.

Second, you gotta understand we are big kids here and we play rough sometimes.
BBs and DBs are a known hazard. Maybe you aren't ready to play with us?

And I still think no player that asked for help to kill an MVP has ever been ignored because this is what happens when you into eden...

I've BB'd plenty of times and never lost an MVP for hours, maybe a few minutes. Your attitude is disgusting. Just because it's a known hazard means someone like the OP shouldn't be upset? They have a right when the monster doesn't belong and no one intends to kill it.
Ever tried to get help killing a BB on valk? People assume you're a bot and decline because only bots play spores or payon dungeon, apparently.

#25 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Want to troll so bad..target too easy...

One can't rage out every time something "unexpected" or "inconvenient" happens.
Life skillz...also can be applied to forumzing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users