Flapping Angel Wings - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Flapping Angel Wings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nitaant

nitaant

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

Hi,

it seems the flapping Angel Wings do not work as intended. It says in the description "+3% ASPD". On my hunter I have a based ASPD of 175 right now. 3% would be 5.25. Rounding down, it should up my ASPD to 180. It only appears to up my ASP to 176..that is just one point. Hardly worth the price I am paying for it. Why does it not do what it says it will do?

Thanks

Edited by nitaant, 02 April 2012 - 03:05 AM.

#2 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

I used to think they same thing.. 3% actually adds to your aspd .3.. >_<

#3 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

Apsd doesn't work the way you think it does. It's 3% reduction in the delay between attacks and the numbers are floored so until you hit the next whole number it's rounded down.

#4 AnnoDomini

AnnoDomini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

If you can't make it to the end of the article, don't worry. Most of us probably didn't either.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Aspd

Long story short, just look at the graph on the bottom of the link. And welcome to iRO, one of the few games on this planet where calculus actually comes in useful.

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

The problem is the ASPD number in your status window is a poor indication of your attack speed. You attack 3% faster with the hat. The "ASPD" number doesn't go up by 3%.

Rather, it is 193-175 = 18 delay, 3% of that delay is knocked off, so 17.46 delay.. you're really gaining 0.54 aspd points from the hat.

FYI flapping angel wing is not a good hat. Like 4 years ago it was some kind of decent but quickly became weak. It really should have its price-point lowered.

If I had to make a very generalized statement about the cash shop system, it would be that the hats sold directly from the kafra shop are for the most part useless, and that the ones with game-breaking effects are all gambling rewards from "lucky boxes".

Edited by Jaye, 02 April 2012 - 08:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users