My screen is sideways - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

My screen is sideways

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RavenMyth

RavenMyth

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

Hello there.
Just like what the title said, i was finished download RO n the patch. n when i click start, the screen loading vertical which it complicates me to playing (since i need to tilt my head to click the buttons :\). I thought there must be an option button on the patching screen, but there's none. I try to rotate my desktop, n it getting worse. I'm a noob, n since the screen is skew, i hardly make a char. So, i'd like to know if there's anyway to make the screen loads in horizontal mode. thank you ..

Edited by RavenMyth, 02 April 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

I've heard this one before, but I don't remember the fix for it. Anyone remember how to fix this?

Try running the Setup program in the RO folder, and change the options for graphics mode and resolution, that's always a good first thing to try.

Edit: Tried to rename the topic to be more clear ("skew" normally implies displacement in a single direction, rather than rotation - I think you'd get best responses if you name it something like "My screen is sideways" - everyone knows exactly what that means, and it means what you're looking for). I apparently can't rename topics in this forum though - so see if you can.

Edited by DrAzzy, 02 April 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#3 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Wasn't the solution to install the official driver for the computer's GPU, instead of using the driver included with Windows?

RavenMyth, who is the manufacturer of your computer's GPU? AMD (formerly ATI), Intel, or Nvidia?

#4 RavenMyth

RavenMyth

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

I've heard this one before, but I don't remember the fix for it. Anyone remember how to fix this?

Try running the Setup program in the RO folder, and change the options for graphics mode and resolution, that's always a good first thing to try.

Edit: Tried to rename the topic to be more clear ("skew" normally implies displacement in a single direction, rather than rotation - I think you'd get best responses if you name it something like "My screen is sideways" - everyone knows exactly what that means, and it means what you're looking for). I apparently can't rename topics in this forum though - so see if you can.

I tried to fixed it from the setup on RO folder n yeah, it works! :D the screen is in horizontal mode. but i can't drag my windows. my cursor wont move out of the screen. well, i hope u understand what i say. i'm not an american, so, it makes sense that there's alot of lack grammar =p ooh, n thank u bout that setup thing. i never know that the setup thing is inside RO folder o-o

Wasn't the solution to install the official driver for the computer's GPU, instead of using the driver included with Windows?

RavenMyth, who is the manufacturer of your computer's GPU? AMD (formerly ATI), Intel, or Nvidia?

It's intel.

Edited by RavenMyth, 02 April 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#5 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

I had this problem when I first played ragnarok. For me when I went to Setup. I had to uncheck full screen mode. Then it went back to normal. That was years ago though... I am not %100 sure if there is a setup menu from the ragnarok folder.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

You're not supposed to be able to move the mouse outside the RO window.

To fix it, there's a magic version of "dinput.dll" that you can put into your RO folder - google for RO Mouse Freedom - that will let you move mouse outside of RO window (also improves performance with non-mouse pointing devices)

#7 RavenMyth

RavenMyth

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

I had this problem when I first played ragnarok. For me when I went to Setup. I had to uncheck full screen mode. Then it went back to normal. That was years ago though... I am not %100 sure if there is a setup menu from the ragnarok folder.

Yeah, there is. N i did this b4. Thanks anyhow .. :D

You're not supposed to be able to move the mouse outside the RO window.

To fix it, there's a magic version of "dinput.dll" that you can put into your RO folder - google for RO Mouse Freedom - that will let you move mouse outside of RO window (also improves performance with non-mouse pointing devices)

:o it works! Oh my. Thank you very much for all ur help .. :DD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users