Are Card Sets of any use? (MVP/PVP/WOE) - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Are Card Sets of any use? (MVP/PVP/WOE)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xiaoma

xiaoma

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

I have been collecting Card Sets since I started playing Ragnarok Online and now I already have full set of Monk Card Set & Archer Card Set. I also have some of other card sets like Swordman(Freezer,Permeter), Merchant(Hylozoist,Myst Case,Zipper Bear), Mage(Bloody Butterfly ,Harpy) &Theif(Wild Rose)

But as I got more knowledge of the game and by reading what others are using , it seems that these Card Sets aren't really useful cause no one seems to be using them at all. I don't want to regret even farther cause I do intend to get the best equipments for my characters(1 of each First Class) and slot the most useful cards in them.

So I really wish to know if these Card Sets are of any use at all WHEN USED IN MVP/PVP/WOE ?
If no, are they at least good for PVM?

#2 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

I've been told that they're only good for PvM and well..leveling of course. Up in till you get better gear in the future like end-game equipment(God items or highly refined gear).

For PvP, not really, since players nowadays always gear themselves completely against other players and use cards such as raydric. thara frog, and hydra cards.

Mvping, kinda... you can still kill the low tier Mvps such as eddga and golden theif bug, and etc with those sets aside from being a 3rd class and level 150.

WoE now.... kinda the same for PvP, players are going to most likely use neutral and demi-human resists. So....mostly useless

Edited by Yukyrie, 03 April 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

Most card sets are garbage.

It's straightforward to analyze them - write down all the effects, and all the slots they take up. Then, write down the effects of the best non-set card you can afford for each equipment slot (or unslotted equipment that you'd like to wear)

You'll find that the sets look much better at first glance, before you consider what you have to sacrifice to use them.

#4 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

You can always have your PVM slotted gear, then your gear you use in PvP/WoE like hydra and thara frog cards

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

You can always have your PVM slotted gear, then your gear you use in PvP/WoE like hydra and thara frog cards

Well, sure - but most of the card sets suck in PVM too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users