New here! And, yeah, need help :3 - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New here! And, yeah, need help :3

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 IronLemonade

IronLemonade

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Locationcarrotville
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie - NEWBIE

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

So I thought I could be all tough and solo it out but TBH I'm pretty stuck right now :D I went to the location to become a thief and managed to get through the pyramid (whoah!) and do all that. When I spoke to the guy outside (the skills trainer guy) he said 'lurn 2 skill' and gave me a point to spend. I spent it in double attack, but now he wants me to learn more, and I have no idea how to travel to a safe place and level up (the area south of there had weird super enemies that wiped me out)

tl;dr I admit defeat, can somebody tell me how to play this game? :P

#2 Hetchy

Hetchy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

I'm new, too! The best thing to do to start out is to do the Eden quests. Talk to an Eden person and teleport to the Eden center. There (at level 12), do the battle quest to get good gear from the woman behind the counter (ask her "What's your responsibility?"). Oh, don't forget to join Eden with the lady all the way on the right behind the counter.

Other than that, use the boards on the right to take quests (you can take them over and over) according to your level.

That's just the very basics I've learned to get started! I'm busy grinding away on my merchant in my free time. This game's very addicting.

Edited by Hetchy, 06 April 2012 - 10:25 AM.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

That guy's quest is a waste of time, first off. All the "first job training" quests are.

You want to find and kill monsters of around the same level (you'll get decent exp killing things within 15 levels of your character). http://db.irowiki.or...monster-search/ lets you search for monsters, and will tell you what map to find them on.

I think the eden group quests will be relevant to you as well (they also warp you there for free when you accept the quest, or so I am told - I haven't leveled anything under lvl 95 since eden group was added) http://irowiki.org/w...Leveling_Quests as well as the exp quests http://irowiki.org/wiki/Eden_Group - also note the Daily quest there - Dally Quen can actually give some REALLY nice items (stuff you can sell for several million zeny).

Oh, and the monsters that are/were south of morroc don't spawn there naturally, if they were scary and painful. There are a few items (dead branches are the main one) that can summon aggressive monsters, and people sometimes leave aggressive monsters summoned that way wandering around (usually just outside of a town, since you can't use branches inside of towns).

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 April 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#4 IronLemonade

IronLemonade

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Locationcarrotville

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Oh boy :P I went to Eden but I was completely overwhelmed by the amount of people in that place. I could barely move around, let alone find a quest. Guess I could try again though

BTW my in-game names are 'Disaster Lemon' and 'Glowjob' on the Valkyrie server if anybody wants to meet up or chat. Thanks for the help :D

#5 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

You need to talk to the Recruiter next to Boya to sign up. These people will be behind the desk on the back walls to the leftish. After you sign up and recieve your eden badge, you will be able to start the eden board quests. Theres are the boards in the back, to the rightish, they will have the level ranges on the boards when your mouse is over it. Talk to boya on these levels. 12, 26, 40, 60, 70. She will send you on an equipment quest, where you can get powerful eden group equips. These will be key to surviving in higher levels. Hope this helps! And if you dont know where a monster is off the boards... Google the monster name. From there you can easily find what map it spawns on, and find that same map on your in game map.

#6 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

rode-r.doddlercon.com (for monster data and items)

healplz.com/exp (for where to level)

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

rode-r.doddlercon.com (for monster data and items)

healplz.com/exp (for where to level)

db.irowiki.org is the preferred database site now, not rode-r - afaik, doddler's not updating RODE anymore.

#8 IronLemonade

IronLemonade

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Locationcarrotville

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Whoo! I completed 1-11 board quests, finally got the hang of it. I'm enjoying so far traveling around and seeing the other cities. Thankfully I have those free travel tickets.

Thanks for the tips you guys. Like I said, if anybody is interested in leveling a new/old character with me, or helping the game world feel a little less lonely, I already posted my in-game names (Disaster Lemon is my mage, and my main as of yesterday)

#9 Hetchy

Hetchy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Whoo! I completed 1-11 board quests, finally got the hang of it. I'm enjoying so far traveling around and seeing the other cities. Thankfully I have those free travel tickets.

Thanks for the tips you guys. Like I said, if anybody is interested in leveling a new/old character with me, or helping the game world feel a little less lonely, I already posted my in-game names (Disaster Lemon is my mage, and my main as of yesterday)

You weren't online when I tried to add you as a friend, but I'll keep my eye out for you! I'd love a lowbie leveling partner, or just to chat.

My toon's name is "Hetch" or I might be on "Hetchy."

P.S. Make sure you enable all your chat functions in the friends menu!

Edited by Hetchy, 07 April 2012 - 04:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users