Ranger Skill Nerf and New builds? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ranger Skill Nerf and New builds?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Puzzicake

Puzzicake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Hello,

I've been away for awhile. I heard they nerfed the classes. What is ranger good for now? What kind of builds or skills should I aim for?

Thank you.

#2 Rosenthrall

Rosenthrall

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

Not all classes were nerfed. Rangers got a very significant buff to their bow skills and GX's are also better than before, if what I've been hearing is right.

Rangers have now got one of the strongest AoEs. Arrow Storm not only has a fairly wide area (11x11 at level 10, a very long range depending on your Vulture's Eye level), but it can easily one-shot everything until you are going after monsters about 120-130+ (for lower tier monsters, you don't even need level 10 AS to kill them) if you have the full White Wing set from Mora. The best thing about it is that the cast time is very short, being almost instantaneous. I complain about my cast being slow because I have to wear a bloody butterfly clip (AS is interruptable), but the cast time is still miles shorter than Psychic Wave and it has a higher damage output.

Regarding the White Wing set, this implementation has (apparently) made it very easy to get 193 ASPD. I'm not too clear on warg/ASPD rangers though so you might want to ask someone else. Either way, the White Wing set is something you definitely want to get your hands on.

In terms of builds, there are several as there always are. I'm not too clear about traps since I've never liked them, but for stats, you are looking at:

Pure Arrow Storm
VIT: 90+
DEX: 90-120
INT: 70+

Arrow Storm eats up quite a lot of SP so the higher your INT, the bigger your pool. The VIT is definitely necessary if you're going to mob on your own. If possible, get a rudolf hairband hat that boosts the healing rate of carrots by so much that you will never buy pots again. It saves you a lot of money too. Rangers are actually somewhat like glass cannons with very high damage, but their equipment renders them pretty squishy. DEX helps not only with damage, but also with the cast time.

The full White Wing set is a definite must for this. While the set doesn't give you very high DEF (see glass cannon), the full set will boost your AS damage by 50% along with some other nice stuff that I can't remember right now.

ASPD/Auto-Warg
AGI: 120
DEX: 90-120
LUK: 80+

The faster you attack, the higher the chance of your warg auto-attacking. Nuff said. 193 ASPD is apparently what you want for MVPing. As far as I know/have heard, one of the few ways (if not the only way) a ranger can solo an MVP is if he/she hit-locks it. The DEX also affects the amount of damage your warg does.

I've heard the auto warg procs for everything that is counted as a physical attack, so this might or might not include a double attack. I'm not very sure, but when I'm on my ranger, my warg does seem to attack more often when I'm wearing my snake head.

I personally am going for a jack-of-all-trades build with my ranger so I'm not 100% on all these. Hope it helped.

Edited by Rosenthrall, 07 April 2012 - 01:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users