alchemist super noob question about homunculus. - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

alchemist super noob question about homunculus.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dongpickle

dongpickle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

i already looked at most of the topics but its still not clear to me.

my question is would i my homun get better stats if i evolve him THEN lvling him up? or do the stat gained per level does not matter if it is in the 1st form or the 2nd form?

would it be best if i get him LOYAL first than leveling him up from 2nd form from lvl 1?

thanks guys :)

#2 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

As far as I know, there is no link between homunculus loyalty and stat bonuses. The evolution bonus gained is random and it doesn't matter if the homunculus is level 1 or 99. However, since you can level a homunculus to 99 much faster than you can get it loyal, it's generally considered best to 99 it before deciding whether or not you want to loyal it. For instance, if at 99 it has abysmal stats (mainly HP) some people will choose to delete and re-make in the hopes of rolling one with better stat growth that is worth the time to loyal (and evolve).

Hope that helps clear up any confusion.

#3 dongpickle

dongpickle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

but i heard all stats eventually reach 150 during homunculus S.

so it shouldn't matter if i level my homun in 2nd form or 1st form?

#4 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

According to Heimdallr, yes...all Homunc S should have max stats by 150. However, it was recently discovered this might not be the case: http://forums.warppo...post__p__810641

That is an Amistr > Dieter that didn't reach max LUK (CRIT would be 51 if it had).

Can you please define what you mean by "1st form" and "2nd form"? I'm not sure whether you're referring to regular evolution (i.e. 'pudding cup' Vani > 'fish' Vani) or S evolution (i.e. Vanilmirth > Dieter).

Edited by Hinkypunk, 08 April 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#5 IVBela

IVBela

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

but i heard all stats eventually reach 150 during homunculus S.

so it shouldn't matter if i level my homun in 2nd form or 1st form?

Homunculus S usually ends up with 150 in most stats, but not necessarily all. But HP, SP, and Aspd is not linked to stats afaik, so they can be kind of diverse at the end.

As for leveling your normal Homunculus in 1st or 2nd form, it seems they have the same stat growth.

When you evolve to 2nd form you get a stat boost, it's unclear to me if that boost depends on your current level when evolving. I got a large boost at lv99, a friend got a small boost at lv1, but heard about people getting large boost at lv1 too, so it should be random. That needs more testing though.

#6 dongpickle

dongpickle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

thanks hinky and bela for clarifying. by 1st, 2nd form, yes, i did mean when you reach loyal and using stone of sage to change appearance.

thx guys :) now to get an embryo from a vendor. hopefully i get a vani

#7 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

I evolved mine aaround 65-70.

It ended with 99 with 150 in agi, str and int.

You are pretty much going to 150 all your stats regardless except for a few cases like amistr with int. It doesn't matter when you evolve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users