This is saddening T.T - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

This is saddening T.T

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#51 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Yea I'm against this as well. I had the name Sweet saved on valk for a LONG time as one can imagine and I've only just decided to make it into something. I also had Cupcake saved which's now my baby alchy n_n

#52 JBREEZY369

JBREEZY369

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Problem with glitter on the name is that, i mean, say you're looking to buy something in pront, or you're newish and have a question and you ask it in public... Then someone who's helpful sees the message and wants to reply.

If your name is covered in glitter so it's impossible to type, you just won't get an answer. I know i've ignored questions directed at me because the person's name was too hard to type, and they'd walked off screen.

Glitter also looks noob. You get 1 character on either end of your name, and that's it before your first impression suffers.

spoken like a true elitist

anyone who judges someone by the characters they put before or after there name is an idiot

#53 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

It's not elitist, I just cant be bothered with people who have names that look ~:v+`:LiKE tHiz:^~:+:=

#54 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

It's not elitist, I just cant be bothered with people who have names that look ~:v+`:LiKE tHiz:^~:+:=

Can't you just right click their name in chat and it goes into the PM box?

#55 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Honestly, i gotta agree, my limit is 3 special characters at the end of each name. So i'm fine with ~+:name:+~

If i ever meet someone with like 5+ special characters on their name and I actually do plan on talking to them again. I'll probably just friend them so I don't gotta type it out.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 09 April 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#56 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

http://ph.she.yahoo....1331300546.html

http://ph.she.yahoo....1331300540.html

http://ph.she.yahoo....1331300546.html
WTF?
1. The Standesamt isn't just for baby-names, it's also the place where you have to marry (yes, even additional to churches!), can change your name (that's pretty tough though), and having ANYTHING personal-related done... well, except for your ID I think, but birth certificate, passport, etc is all done at the Standesamt - do your research right before you talking about "Country living up to stereotype alert! Surprise, surprise the Germans are somewhat officious when it comes to baby naming laws." and "Regulation-loving Deutschland"

2. ...my father gave me a name that doesn't exist and came through with it... (unfortunally, since I had to change it later -.-)

this of course is adressed to that list, not to you, mike x3 and to be fair... germany is regulation-loving, unfortunally, but it's still a bad research...

This is the ROPD of one of my friends.

http://ropd.info/?account=4005160

Not sure if the limit lowered, but well, those are long and fun names. :D

Do your friend understand german or is the name of her SinX a funny coincidence? XD

Back to topic:
If I would come back after a while and see my names changed, I wouldn't be so happy about it as well.
But you can find out if the player will play ever again.
For example, if the character holding the name is still first class, not played for YEARS and the rest of the account is very low level or even not used at all... than the chance of that player returning goes somewhat into lower then 10% chance...
This was the exception euRO made back than, and it is fine.
If we're talking about an Account with Trans Characters - that's something completly different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users