What are the Best and alternative Weapons/Shields for Royal Guard? - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What are the Best and alternative Weapons/Shields for Royal Guard?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 othanerd

othanerd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hello! I stopped playing 5 years ago and I want to give this game a try and level my paladin to become a royal guard. I don;t know anyone anymore in Ymir server (I was in Iris Server back then) so I am asking for help on what gears to shoot for because mine is very much old school.

Can you list the best and alternative weapon/shields here for PVP/WOE/Leveling as well as the cards embedded if possible and the price.

Thank You

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

PVP/WoE weapon --> Glorious spear almost all of the time.

PVP/WoE shield --> Cranial Sacred Mission since it's indestructible, but if you always have FCP, then maybe you can consider valk (elemental resist), immune shield (neutral resist), cross shield (rapid smite and other shield skills), imperial shield (good stats, weight, mdef, etc.), rosa shield (cheap, high def) too.

Leveling weapon --> Imperial spear is pretty good / the best for almost anything... VP/OB/Genesis Ray. Hunting spear is quite good against brute and a good OB weapon too. Brocca for high defense monsters. Glorious Spear for demihuman monsters if you have enough KVM for one. Eden spear is free and is quite good with the enchants.

Leveling shield --> Cross shield if you want to rapid smite, Valk shield for elemental resists, Immune for neutral resist. Imperial shield is a good all around shield but tends to be somewhat expensive. It's probably worth getting one if you plan on using genesis ray to level (although that would require banding or inspiration). Rosa and bradium shields are cheap and quite good too. I tend to use a rosa or a high def shield to cast shield spell 1 until I get the extra attack, then switch over to the appropriate shield for the map.

For shield cards, most of the time you will be using the appropriate racial reduction shield for the map. See the link --> http://irowiki.org/w...ce_.28shield.29

There are some maps or instances (like the recent 125-150 turn in) where there's all kinds of races in the map though. Hodremlin card gives 15% resist to everything, and I actually use a platinum shield quite a bit too (15% resist to medium and large), and I also use platinum for undead (10% extra resist). Executioner card would be the best for the current golems/dolomedes turn in, but I don't want to buy a card just for one weird turn in of the week.

Archer skeleton card will boost VP damage all around, but if you are planning on MVPing and overupgrading your spear, Abysmal Knight card might be better. Alternatively you can also consider increase damage based on size cards --> http://irowiki.org/w...ze_.28weapon.29

Prices here --> http://ragial.com/iRO-Ymir (I see that you play on Ymir, I play on valk myself)

#3 othanerd

othanerd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

Thank You! very detailed and helpful XD wish I was in valk server

#4 MordredKiller

MordredKiller

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1531 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

for pvp and woe glorious spear+sacred mission or imperial guard for Shield spell buff

for kill moob hunting spear + resistant tournament shield or imperial guard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users