April 10 Maintenance - Page 11 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

April 10 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

#251 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

I think Heim understands the fact that people are still gonna buy a -_- ton of AB sets either 80 or 200 points why not make the most money possible atm? I bet someone in Anim is already gearing up to spend thousands of dollars on KP hence why they arnt perma banned for botting Tao MVP and getting caught. Heim wants that vacation again this year

#252 amicable

amicable

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

aww cant trade in marching hats? phooey 3:

#253 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

come MVPing with me and hrishi and inu this week. I don't think you quite understand how strong bomb ACTUALLY is.
Genetics don't level with bomb in the way that GXes level with EDP. EDP is more of a levelling item than an mvp tool, though in woe is quite deadly to the unprepared.]

We will kill 5 randgris with that 80c.

BULLCRAP. I know of more than a few SMART* genetics that leveled a lot faster than CCing by going to scaraba2 and AoE ABing. Guess what costs more, the "poor" GX that pops an EDP that lasts for a while or the genetic that uses 2 items PER MOB.

*You can get anywhere from 20-50M+ / hour depending on your gear / supplies, much MUCH higher than NON double megged, hammered, slieped CCing.

#254 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

Ohhh.. I thought it was closed already xD

And I was hoping to get more chocolate gift thingies =S

#255 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

BULLCRAP. I know of more than a few SMART* genetics that leveled a lot faster than CCing by going to scaraba2 and AoE ABing. Guess what costs more, the "poor" GX that pops an EDP that lasts for a while or the genetic that uses 2 items PER MOB.

*You can get anywhere from 20-50M+ / hour depending on your gear / supplies, much MUCH higher than NON double megged, hammered, slieped CCing.

Both cost more than the genetic using 2-3 cannonballs per mob. If saving 1-2 hours of leveling justify spending 100m+ in supplies then have fun.

#256 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

Mercs please put in mercs. please please. Fencers.

That would make me buy points on valk and ygg so I could start my nub chars there.

Or you could ask a bored player like myself who has respect for you on the forums to help you out with your nub on Valk.

#257 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Both cost more than the genetic using 2-3 cannonballs per mob. If saving 1-2 hours of leveling justify spending 100m+ in supplies then have fun.

Try 6-9M making your own from buy shops and shaving more than an hour or two ( 145 - 150 takes maybe 2-3 hours and 150-300 bombs if mobbing like crazy ) while not taking forever to cast CC even with full cast reducts.... unless like I said you are double megged, hammered and shoed.

#258 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

Guys, if you want them to put better stuff and remove the crappier stuff, and make the value balanced, then STOP BUYING THEM - if you do maybe they will change them. Right now all of you keep complaining but everybody still keeps buying em :-p. Put yourselves in the shoes of Gravity, what would you do..

Remember that last groove pack - nobody bought it up, then it got changed with Gift Baskets and +10 Certs.

http://forums.warppo...arch-lucky-box/

Edited by Dinosexy, 11 April 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#259 Haze

Haze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationBear Country

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

question: are medals tradable between accounts on the same wp account?

If you submit a ticket, you can transfer the medals between accounts. They DO have to be on the same WP account, though.

#260 KeitaroTsugaru

KeitaroTsugaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

Ahem!~~ For all the Brewers this is for you by The Dr.Wasabi

As you can see they have installed these items in the cash shop for the ON THE GO. This means that if a BIO/CHEN happens to be invited to BB party/finds a randow mvp while stolling around ro/ Or has a over itchy trigger finger for pvp/woe.

This should not effect the Remaining Brewers in game. The box price is for 50 bombs, current market rate for bottle gernades **the more so expensive one** is value at 32K A bottle = 1.6Mil And your Acid Bottle is 7K average .So, a set of 50 cast of AD is gona cost someone 1.9Mil Banked/loss (pending if your the buyer or seller)

This means WPE is making money as they allways do from members for cash shop. Your 1.9 mil vs $1 USD for a cash shop lazy person. The iRO Z is still higher then the all might WPE $1. $10 is = to 2,200 Kafra point **yes I'm taking into account the % extra it gives you** this means $5 to the 1k Portal point.. and AB box is 200pts = $1.00 Your zny is safe, let lazy people spend their iRL money... If i buy from cash shop 2 boxes.. I just lost 2 12oz Cherry Pepsi from the vending muchine.. HELL NO I WANT MY SOADA!!

If your soo worried about losing on zny, then make a alt account, and put up shop outside of major castles. Keep up with WOE politics and let ppl waste their supplies and buy our your shop at a BUMP price. they will buy if they are desperate to take a castle.. Hell I vend fat boy white pots in edan form all the white Herbs i collected from Nogg ti.. 30K herbs worth **THANK YOU TI*** Just be creative!

Edited by KeitaroTsugaru, 11 April 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#261 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

• Mental Potion 45 pts each

Bull**** lie detected. The boxter is olny taking these for 30 each. I want my 45 points I was just robbed of back. Traded in 3 for 90 instead of 3 for 135. Bull****

#262 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

You need to learn a few things mister. Like how being rude isn't very nice.

First of all, bomb levelling on mvps will take a genetic from 99-150 in about 2~3 hours.
secondly, its cheap to do.
Third, a GX will never get that kind of levelling, ever and will have to do normal grinding.
Fourth, genetics have the option of CC and it's still cheaper than EDP.

Smart genetics will save it for Bloody branch / ET MVP levelling only. Because that's how to REALLY level.

And finally, I was talking about acid bomb itself, not demonic fire. But to throw this out there, it takes 3 CCs to kill a mob in scaraba, has no cool down, so I don't think the difference will be that huge.

I'd suggest not calling BS out in that manner again. On a personal note I can 150 anything I want within a day any time I want. So if that means I don't know what I'm talking about, then I guess I'm playing the wrong game.

I'm not saying that levelling a GX is hard (though it takes longer due to the lack of MVP spam killing) - what I am saying is that the majority of people are more likely to need and use EDP as a levelling tool, where as bombs are more likely going to be used as pvp/WoE/MVPing tool, because genetics spend a lot less real time levelling and more time end gaming.

Edited by Xellie, 11 April 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#263 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

Or you could ask a bored player like myself who has respect for you on the forums to help you out with your nub on Valk.

Aww. my play times are crazy and very fragmented though. And people would see me. That would take away from my mysterious aura.

#264 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

wish there was more for turnin for grandma boxter...

Why are you posting again?

#265 Shadiah

Shadiah

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Xellie teach me how to 150 a FS ab in a day. Unless it involves 210932103820 hugel medals >_>

#266 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

wait till exp event
use level 10 fencer mercs on magmarings until 70ish
Go to GH. (or leech off bombed mvps ;D)
rebirth.
repeat.
find a low level genetic.
leech off it whilst it bomb mvps to 150

thats the hard way.

Edited by Xellie, 11 April 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#267 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

Why are you posting again?

LOL. Mad jokes.

Anyways, I don't think the Lucky Box's contents are the problem. The problem is the people playing RO have too much money. I mean, come on, we're crazyass people spending hundreds a month on a game. With that much purchasing of Lucky Boxes, you can't expect the market to not be flooded with em, ey? It's not like the GMs are holding us at gunpoint saying "Buy $300 worth of WPE this month or you dead, bruh." We're the ones spoiling the economy by extravagantly spending a good and maybe questionable fraction of our income on WPE/KP. The GMs just supply the boxes, we buy em. I don't feel bad about how the economy is because I know it's sorta our own faults for indirectly contributing towards it. GMs should prolly reconsider selling WPE openly in-game as something illegal instead of as a "grey area." WPE sellers provide WPE, WPE buyers contribute to more items being brought into the game, no Zeny increase within the server. That's what's playing a major role in the economy of the game. That's just my opinion.

#268 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

About the new AB boxes...

Most likey people who are buying everything from the kafra shop do not have a lot of zeny to contribute to the economy, hence them using real money instead of play money (zeny). Every week its the same thing on these fourms... "THE ECONMY IS GOING TO BE RUINED NOW!!!!" I am sure not much is going to change from what it is. People who brew are still going to make there money. And people who don't devote the time to the game can have fun buying their ABs. Don't worry, Ragnarok will go on like always. I highly doubt a player who has been in the game awhile will choose to buy there ABs from the kafra shop over brewers. Let the noobs have their fun!

this guy is 100% right. Hardcore players will still buy the in game items off of people because for one.. (After a lot of math) the cheapest method of getting these, is, players!

The kafra shop isn't cheap and isn't the best deal always so :/ The exp etc is great and is why I use it mostly.

#269 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

You need to learn a few things mister. Like how being rude isn't very nice.

First of all, bomb levelling on mvps will take a genetic from 99-150 in about 2~3 hours.
secondly, its cheap to do.
Third, a GX will never get that kind of levelling, ever and will have to do normal grinding.
Fourth, genetics have the option of CC and it's still cheaper than EDP.

Smart genetics will save it for Bloody branch / ET MVP levelling only. Because that's how to REALLY level.

And finally, I was talking about acid bomb itself, not demonic fire. But to throw this out there, it takes 3 CCs to kill a mob in scaraba, has no cool down, so I don't think the difference will be that huge.

I'd suggest not calling BS out in that manner again. On a personal note I can 150 anything I want within a day any time I want. So if that means I don't know what I'm talking about, then I guess I'm playing the wrong game.

I'm not saying that levelling a GX is hard (though it takes longer due to the lack of MVP spam killing) - what I am saying is that the majority of people are more likely to need and use EDP as a levelling tool, where as bombs are more likely going to be used as pvp/WoE/MVPing tool, because genetics spend a lot less real time levelling and more time end gaming.

Xellie bb what will it take to convince you to want to 150/50 my genetic

#270 slaves

slaves

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationDisney Land

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Nexttime it would be great if they put a NPC which u can trade medals to KVM badges!!!! yes please! pretty please! :P

#271 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

I didnt read all the rest of this crap but my crate gave me 6 boxes, that sposed to happen?

#272 ValheruWolf

ValheruWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

I didnt read all the rest of this crap but my crate gave me 6 boxes, that sposed to happen?

Yes, I just read the box description ingame by right clicking in the kafa shop. you get 6 boxes and a safe to 10 cert. Nice. better deal then I thought at that point. figured it was 5 so 100 kafra points off and a safe to 10 cert, but it's a nice 400 points off the 6 boxes with a safe to 10 cert :)

#273 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Yes, I just read the box description ingame by right clicking in the kafa shop. you get 6 boxes and a safe to 10 cert. Nice. better deal then I thought at that point. figured it was 5 so 100 kafra points off and a safe to 10 cert, but it's a nice 400 points off the 6 boxes with a safe to 10 cert :)

Heim's original post on this thread says 5 boxes and 1 safe to 10 cert. Just wanted to make sure this wasn't some bug that they roll me back for or something. Good deal though.

#274 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

wait till exp event
use level 10 fencer mercs on magmarings until 70ish
Go to GH. (or leech off bombed mvps ;D)
rebirth.
repeat.
find a low level genetic.
leech off it whilst it bomb mvps to 150

thats the hard way.

Now let's calculate how many Bloody Branches / how much zeny that would cost. @@

#275 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Aww. my play times are crazy and very fragmented though. And people would see me. That would take away from my mysterious aura.

My playtimes are all over the map as well. I work at an airport, but you can always send me a PM if you change your mind on Kuro-pi, Likely, if I'm online, I'll be on him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users