• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationNO
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

I see a lot of similarities in me on you :p_laugh:

***Personal story, if not interested, skip it :heh:
my dream was always to be mangaka and release manga
and I went to Visual Arts in college, which is quite similar to graphic design (photoshop, illustrator and indesign...) and more based on photography,
well, I think our differences would be the way we pursue drawing,
I would draw whenever I can such as in breaks and in free time (a lot of drafts~~ )
and my agenda and notes are all covered with my drawings (doodle)
As what I heard from you, you need to strengthen your motivation through requests and responsability from peers in order to improve your drawing (I hope I didn't offend you in any way, I'm trying my best to express it in a proper manner, sorry for my english)

do you have anyone you aspire of? like an artist, mangaka, author ?
It might improve your motivation by finding someone you truly aspire and admire
and by enhancing your motivation, it will obviously improve much more in drawing since you sill spend more time on it and more likely to enjoy the process of practicing

well, in my case, I do have a lot of motivation and very determined in improving my skills in drawing, but I think I really overdoing it (I do not have enough time to maintain a good friendship, so I only have few good friends)

anway!
I'm looking forward to your next drawing! :p_laugh:

I use to draw and doodle all the time, I'm not quite sure what happened but it just slowly came to a halt and have lost almost all motivation. Maybe it was some bad influences that the school had brought in to show us some different ways to do art. There was this one man that came in for a college to teach us airbrushing. He had set up cars that he did and they looked wonderful. He took us into his truck thing and explained his process. He said to take a picture from any magazine put it on a projector and use that as a reference. I'm like wait isn’t that tracing.... This guy was basically making major $$$ off of tracing other peoples works from magazines and putting them on cars. It sickened me and I know there are plenty of other people that do similar things. It's really sad how now a days people make art for the money instead of the respect. I know back in the day people wanted money for their craft but it feels like respect also played a major factor; otherwise wouldn’t they have tried to do something else? haha.

#27 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

My old computer died :< so I think I lost all those random doodles bee made in flockdraw

#28 DeathByCheese

DeathByCheese

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationNO

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Miname your picture is done!
Spoiler

It was a bit out of my comfort zone (obviously D:), but that is a good thing and allows me to improve. :) Hope it was what you were looking for!

My old computer died :< so I think I lost all those random doodles bee made in flockdraw

Haha I think I lost them all too :(

Edited by DeathByCheese, 14 April 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#29 xBayoo

xBayoo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

What about birds :(

#30 Luckyin

Luckyin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

I use to draw and doodle all the time, I'm not quite sure what happened but it just slowly came to a halt and have lost almost all motivation. Maybe it was some bad influences that the school had brought in to show us some different ways to do art. There was this one man that came in for a college to teach us airbrushing. He had set up cars that he did and they looked wonderful. He took us into his truck thing and explained his process. He said to take a picture from any magazine put it on a projector and use that as a reference. I'm like wait isn’t that tracing.... This guy was basically making major $$$ off of tracing other peoples works from magazines and putting them on cars. It sickened me and I know there are plenty of other people that do similar things. It's really sad how now a days people make art for the money instead of the respect. I know back in the day people wanted money for their craft but it feels like respect also played a major factor; otherwise wouldn’t they have tried to do something else? haha.

ooo!!are you talking about hyperrealism?
I learned that from my art history course, and they do use projector and trace,
I also had the same point of view before as you have now, but I have to say that in order to do it well, it requires time to master, it is an another way of approach
but the fact that they use this method to sell and make money, that's is still unacceptable to me

and your motivation may go down if the prgramme you are studying are related to that field (since you are doing that in school and once back to home, it's hard to to be motivated to do the same thing again)
Right now, I'm studying in leisure (which is totally different from Visual Art in college) but I have way more motivation to do it in free time because it no longer has anything to do with grades
for instance, someone who love to play soccer may not enjoy as much when they become professional soccer player since the new variable (money) is taken into account
In my opinion, the thing we truly love and enjoy does not have to be the lifetime job,
that's why the field I'm studying is not related to art at all, I enjoy it (I would rate it as 2nd best enjoyment) and drawing as 1st, but drawing I would do that in free time

#31 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

Miname your picture is done!

Spoiler

It was a bit out of my comfort zone (obviously D:), but that is a good thing and allows me to improve. :) Hope it was what you were looking for!

Haha I think I lost them all too :(

You actually did a really nice job coloring them in and holding hands. Their faces crack me up :p_laugh:

#32 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

Posted Image
This is how bee saw me in THQ

#33 DeathByCheese

DeathByCheese

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationNO

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

I was generous I gave you pants.

edit: Havent posted anything in a bit so I thought I would post this birthday card I'm working on for a friend.

Spoiler

Was quite a challenge since the paper was card size lol.

Edited by DeathByCheese, 20 April 2012 - 01:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users