Pegasus Test Session - Game Arena for 4/13 - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Pegasus Test Session - Game Arena for 4/13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#26 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

That's likely going to be the case, i'm not sure if they will open it on pegasus again to see if bugs are really fixed, but i guess before implementation they will check for bugs thoroughly.

#27 BobDylan

BobDylan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

So, I've been thinking over the last few test sessions of the Crystal defender mode on Pegasus, and there are a couple things that I'm curious about.

First of all, the spawn position for the defense seems to be initially very strong, placing them right next to the initial Crystal. I should point out that I assume like Phish that both sides spawning in the same spots was accidental, so I'm trying to not hold that against the design of the game mode. After the initial Crystal is destroyed it seems to me that the defenders should be transported to a position behind the next Crystal, as well as beginning to spawn there after death until that Crystal is destroyed.

On the test session prior to last Friday's I participated in two Crystal defender matches in which both were one easily by the attackers because while some of us stayed and held up the defenders, another group was able to move quickly to the next Crystal which was undefended. This experience is what makes me think that the defenders’ spawn point needs to be incrementally pulled back as the crystals are destroyed. I'm guessing that the spawn location craziness that we all experienced on Friday had something to do with remedying this problem, but that's just a guess on my part.

Now, while I think that the defenders should be moved back as the crystals are destroyed, I also think that the attackers should remain at the same spawn point the whole match. I think that's because one, it gives the attackers a level of predictability and order to allow the team to maintain cohesiveness and a sense of unified purpose in destroying the crystals together. Two, it would increase the time for respawning attackers to reach each subsequent crystal thereby allowing the defenders sometime to regroup and rebuff, as well as punishing an attacking team that does not participate as a team by allowing the defenders to crush individual players as they trickle in. Furthermore, adjusting of each subsequent crystal’s health would be an obvious way of balancing the difficulty between defending and attacking each Crystal.

Of course having all of that said, this is only how I see it. What I'm curious about, and would be interested in having one of the devs explained in some detail is how they see the game mode working from a game design perspective. I would be very interested to understand the logic behind the placement of the defenders’ spawn point, as well as how they view the game mode design as a whole.

#28 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

One thing I saw yesterday is that no matter you win or lose, you will still get 200 Honor points as a base? Is this intentional or a bug?

#29 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

200 was actually supposed to be the max amount you could get

#30 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Not everyone had gotten 200 honor points, myself i played with my mage there, had about same damage inflicted as another person, think it was a champ..
The champ had 200 points and me only 25.. must be something wrong

#31 BobDylan

BobDylan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Not everyone had gotten 200 honor points, myself i played with my mage there, had about same damage inflicted as another person, think it was a champ..
The champ had 200 points and me only 25.. must be something wrong

Yeah, I had like nine kills and only got 16 points.

#32 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

I had about 27 kills, nearly 400k damage dealt, 25 points or something.

Edited by jerremy, 14 April 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#33 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

Friday's testing session was unfortunate to have so many issues. Between the queueing issues (being worked on as we speak), point system (on the todo list this weekend), the scoreboard and spawn mechanic bugs (now working correctly) and missing minimap (which apparently didn't make it into the patch), it made it very difficult to see how the game would actually play out. I've included an overview of the map displaying where each team spawns, and when each spawn point becomes available to hopefully better explain what the spawn mechanic was supposed to be doing during the testing session.

The minimap has marker points to show where each crystal would spawn.

It should also be noted that this map is a prototype design which was made to allow us to try out the new game mechanics while a more polished design was being created, so expect the layout to vary with the release of Crystal Defenders.

Map Overview
Posted Image

Edited by Genesis, 14 April 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#34 BobDylan

BobDylan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

Well, that satisfies my curiosity, thanks Gen.

#35 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

Am very well satisfied all issues are aware and taken care of or being taken care of, good job!

#36 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

One strange phenonmenon that I observed is, during the preparation stage before the actual battle (in the previous known as Union house), I was only using mana flame and as I buff the members, I get a badge of healing for no reason, so I wonder if the MP given to other players count as a badge of healing as well.

Thanks, this has been corrected.

I see it is kinda messy after the crystal defender match, where I don't get a chance to leave/disband group/join again the crystal defender, every single button in the G or H interface was black out, so I had to relog to fix that. May be you can force everyone disband the group after the match?

Updated, groups should now be disbanded after the game has ended and everyone is teleported out of the game.

#37 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

As of version 20:

-nice job on the new high definition map, looks very nice and if you have the skill to produce map, do few more and add it to the crystal defender, so people don't get to play in 1 map all the time, and go into random map

-buffs vanished for unknown reason, no one was debuffing me, no clue how that happened

-all crystal elevation is not good, as a defender and if you click the crystal then your character approach the crystal bottom, and that makes your screen go crazy, try to lower it if you can

-this one is just a tiny issue, but I'll say it anyways, if people die, they will have like about 3 seconds delay before they drop on the floor, it looked like they are still moving and attacking, but they are actually dead, you can't heal them

-you obviously have lower the preparation time in Union house, and that's fine we can buff on the battlefield anyways, the crystal (might) be having a little bit too low health, it seems like a little bit easy for the attacker to win within the time limit

-regarding the queue, my other client de-queue itself magically after my main account get a match up, no idea what happened again

Edit: forgot the most important thing, the point system is still bugged, I get 25 points for losing (25 may be from healing), but the bourg in my group gets 200 for some reason. And then the 2nd war, I win and I get 1 digit honor points as well.

Edited by DestinyDeoxys, 17 April 2012 - 06:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users