• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Einzbern

Einzbern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

I'm planning to play a bow rogue, and I had a few questions.

First, is there any ways to get higher flee? I'm level a level 25 thief atm with 20 dex, 9 int, 34 agi, a pantie+undershirt combo, and 10 Improved Dodge yet I'm only sitting at 205 flee when mobs I'm supposed to be leveling on all seem to have a requirement of 220-230. Do I just need to stock up on potions and eat the hits?

Second, assuming I have no endows, is it better to use an OAB on a mob with an elemental weakness or an elemental bow+elemental arrows combo?

Edited by Einzbern, 12 April 2012 - 05:48 PM.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Welcome to Renewal RO, where the Flee mechanics are screwed up for lower-leveled characters! You gain +1 Hit and Flee with every Base Level you gain, so you'll eventually get it high enough to Flee single monsters. Flee is still capped at 95%, but the Flee penalty is a lot worse in Renewal when all the monsters have much higher Hit than they did in Pre-Renewal. Your best bet is to get better equipment for increasing Flee. The best strategy for leveling as a bow Rogue is to spam Double Strafe and hope you kill the monsters before they deal too much damage to you. Your best defense for now is a good offense as a non-Trans character when leveling. Consider the Agi as a part of your offensive power for increasing your Aspd.

Always use an Orc Archer Bow with Steel Arrows. If you feel the need to increase your damage, go ahead and endow or elemental convert your weapon with the Steel Arrows equipped. In most cases, the OAB+Steel Arrow combo will deal more default damage than an OAB with elemental arrow. I've never found elemental bow+arrow combos to be that effective, since you'd need several of them if you're going to different places to level. The OAB lets you go anywhere without the need to plan for elemental options. The elemental bows are effective for when you are a Stalker using Bowling Bash though, because the OAB+Steel Arrow combo doesn't increase BB damage. This is because Bowling Bash isn't a ranged attack. Keep this in mind for Sightless Mind as well.

#3 Einzbern

Einzbern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

What are some other noteworthy gear pieces that I can use to up my flee? I know about Skin of Ventus, but that would require a whisper card and in total be a 20mil+ investment on Valk. Slotted Undershirt would be even more.

#4 finklesteinz

finklesteinz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

kukre accessories and friccos shoes are cheap agility gears that will give you a bit of flee. Not sure if there are any decent headgear options, haven't looked into it.

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

I can't help you in terms of non-Trans Flee gears. xD I've always relied on Vit builds for leveling.

#6 Einzbern

Einzbern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

So after leveling a bit (71 now), having 10-20 less flee has proven than what's needed to 95% isn't that bad. On the other hand, 10-20+ hit hit lower blows. I was fine up until now since I was using a double mummy card gakkung, but now I'm switching to the OAB. I think I should be fine up until 80 if I stick to goats.

Right now I have 78 base agi, 60 base dex, and 9 base int with 35 stat points left over. What would be a good way to go with my stats now? It looks like I can't really raise my flee anymore through gear without paying some absurd amount of zeny for a mocking undershirt and an alicel card pantie. What about some gear to increase my hit? Mummy card is obv out, and I didn't really see any other good hit pieces. As far as I can tell, Renown Archer's Glove isn't in the game.

#7 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

The best thing to do is add more Dex if you're having problems hitting monsters. This is especially true if you're going for a Bow Rogue. I would recommend at least 80 base Dex. Try to get your Agi to 90 total Agi at the very least too when you get the chance.

#8 Einzbern

Einzbern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

Okay, so level 80 now \o/. Not sure where to level though. I know about porcellio, and would prefer not to go back if possible. I know there's stapo, but IIRC the map is littered with Drosera and Muscipular(sp?), and one of which (forgot which one) doesn't give effective XP till 85 or 86 so it would seem like a waste to go there. There's harpys, but I have no where near the 95% flee for them. Any other suggestions?

Second, a question about intimidate. I know level 1 intim lets you copy a level 1 skill, 2 copies 2, and so on. If I have level 5 intimidate and someone uses level 10 bowling bash, will a level 5 version be copied or none at all?

#9 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

Level 5 Bowling Bash will be copied.

#10 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

Level 80 should allow you to go to Roweens, which is one map to the right of Rachel.

#11 Einzbern

Einzbern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

Roweens kinda blow x_x XP is fine, but they require soooo much hit and flee to 100% and 95%. I'm using a Mocking Undershirt and Swift Pantie now, and I'm still 16 flee short of 95%. With 80 dex I'm still 28 hit short of 100%. I still kill them pretty fast, but the lack of hit and lack of flee is causing me to get hit a lot more than I'm used to x_x. Really appreciate the help though, thanks!

#12 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

It'll get to the point where leveling will become costly in terms of healing costs no matter what build you go with. Might as well make a Blacksmith to teach it Greed to make zeny for your daily leveling needs. That's what I normally did when I was low on zeny at the time. Just go around collecting loot from the major Turn In maps with the Blacksmith with Greed and Flywings for a good half hour. You'll be good for a week's worth of healing items with just that half hour of collecting zeny. Sell with Overcharge and buy potions with Discount on the Blacksmith.

#13 Einzbern

Einzbern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

So I decided to take some time to level a monk for RTB, knight for BB, and hunter for traps.

Lv. 5 RTB has proven to feel really lackluster. Does it not work with the 50% damage bonus of OAB? My regular hit is about 500, RTB is about 700, and double attack is about 1000. It really felt like my arrow count went down super quick as ~2500 arrows didn't even last me 20 minutes.

What other skills would be worth copying if not RTB? Would traps be worth it with 80 dex and 9 int? I'm not 100% keen on BB since it doesn't get the OAB bonus.

Lastly, when I rebirth I'm seriously considering picking up some bradium brooches. What would be some good all around cards for them? I already have a teleport and heal clip, so not those. If not bradium brooches, what are some other worthwhile accessories?

Edit-
I've also started considering resetting my stats (99 agi and 80 dex and everything else 1 atm) and trying trapping. The guide at the top of the forum still says to go agi, but wouldn't vit be better for trapping since you'll be mobbing?

Edited by Einzbern, 23 April 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#14 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Raging Trifecta Blow is in the same category as Bowling Bash in that it is only considered a short-ranged physical attack skill. The Orc Archer Bow+Steel Arrow combo damage bonus only affects long ranged attacks.

It's better to stick to Bowling Bash or Double Strafe instead of Raging Trifecta Blow if you're using a bow. Keep in mind that Bowling Bash only uses 1 arrow and deals good burst damage every time you use it. Double Strafe can be spammed pretty easily and will oftentimes save you arrows in the long run.

Bowling Bash does not get the OAB+Steel Arrow bonus, but you can change its element by wearing different elemental arrows for where you're leveling at. A good example is Crystal Arrows(Water) at Magmarings.

80dex should still be nice for Landmine and Claymore Hunter Traps though. Give it a try. You'd be surprised how good they are if you learn how to hit and run with them.

There aren't many worthwhile accessories, but bradium earrings are a nice accessory for Stalkers/Chasers who rely on having Dex in their build for damage. Especially if you're using Hunter traps to level. Bradium Brooches don't really help much and you shouldn't take the %Aspd bonus on the Bradium Brooches by context. It doesn't work that way and wearing two of them won't give you more than 2 Aspd total.

You can't place Hunter traps directly underneath a target. You have to place the traps away from the targets and make them walk into it. You'd be kiting everything while you place the traps down as you run around anyways, so Agi comes in handy with Fleeing individual monsters. Feel free to do Vit/Dex instead of Agi/Dex though. I've always liked Vit builds instead of Agi when leveling. Better surviving ability if you do get stuck in a mob. It's not like you can't use Backslide to get out of a mob though.

#15 Einzbern

Einzbern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

Went ahead and made the switch, and this is def proving to be more fun than just double strafing and ctrl clicking like I was before.

Does MATK factor into trap damage at all, or just INT? Doesn't look like it based on the formula, in which case it seems like it would only marginally beat out a Vesper Core 4 or Glove/Earring with a Zerom or +2 int card(if there is one) if it was socketed with the same card.

If I do decide to go with earrings, what card? I'm assuming Zerom/whatever the int card is.

Edit
I did try trapping with my build before (80 dex, 9 int) but it took 2-3 traps to kill a hill wind. Made the switch to 91 dex and 54 int and now I'm 1 shotting. Losing 30 flee and several ASPD kinda blows though, but it doesn't really matter I think since I'm trapping.

Edited by Einzbern, 24 April 2012 - 05:55 AM.

#16 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

Yeah, trap leveling as a Stalker is fun until you get to a Chaser. You just have to get used to playing it.

No, Matk doesn't affect trap damage at all. It's all about your Int and Dex.

I highly recommend Zerom cards for the Bradium Earrings. (+3 Dex card) Dex will benefit trap damage more in the long run. The reason you see a big difference after adding the Int is due to the large amount you added to it. When compared though, 1 point of Dex will add more than 1 point of Int. Especially when you get to a higher level.

#17 Einzbern

Einzbern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

Oh, hm. I was under the impression Zeroms only gave 2 dex. Zerom earrings it is.

When I last played before this past week or so a year ago, I remember reading a bunch of people complaining about trap nerfs incoming. Was that just for ranger traps, or hunter traps as well? What exactly happened?

#18 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

It was for the Ranger traps. Specifically in this case for Shadow Chasers it was Fire Trap. Fire Trap was extremely versatile in the hands of Shadow Chasers in terms of leveling and MVP'ing until the Balance Patches. Due to the new damage formula, Shadow Chasers cannot make use of the majority of the Ranger traps now.

#19 kentoriyama

kentoriyama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

I can't help you in terms of non-Trans Flee gears. xD I've always relied on Vit builds for leveling.

Chon chon/dragon fly card combo on slotted undershirt with pantie is what I used. +36 flee if I'm counting right, if you're ballin toss an alicel slotted pantie in the mix for more.

Edited by kentoriyama, 24 April 2012 - 11:14 AM.

#20 Einzbern

Einzbern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Halfway through 95 now, and i think I'm sick of Hill Winds/Roweens. Or maybe it's just from grinding so much for these dang anopheles for the TI x_x. I might end up just going back to ctrl clicking and trying magmarings. Is there anywhere else worth trapping? I saw Anolian mentioned a few times, but their high HP worries me, as well as the gargoyles. I never picked up a lifter box, so I can't carry much between arrows, potions, and traps.

@kentoriyama
Yeah, I ended up just biting the bullet and shelled out the zeny for a mocking undershirt and alicel pantie. Thanks though!

#21 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

You should be within range of Kobold and Desert Wolves. Try those two places first. If anything, you could try luring Magmarings into traps. Desert Wolves is a lot mobbier though. therefore faster experience if you can maneuver through it all.

#22 Einzbern

Einzbern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

Desert Wolves take 25% from fire, 90% from earth, and there's no water trap AFAIK? At least not from hunters.
Kobolds have varying resistances. One takes neutral damage from my trap choices, one 175% from earth, 0% from wind, and neutral from fire. The last one neutral wind, 80% earth, and 0% fire.

Neither seem like ideal choices if I want to trap TBH, and i would guess it would just be a better idea to stick to hill winds since I 1shot those. Appreciate the help though.

Edited by Einzbern, 25 April 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#23 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Yeah, for Desert Wolves you'd have to set down 2 Claymores to take each one out as opposed to the Hill Wind's 1-shot. There is a water-based trap(Freezing Trap), but it deals way too little damage compared to Claymore and Landmine to be worth using.

#24 Einzbern

Einzbern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Finally hit 99 \o/. Is it true I can grab the 90-99 eden quests then turn them in after I trans?

Do job levels have 1 level at a time thing like base levels?

Edited by Einzbern, 26 April 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#25 kentoriyama

kentoriyama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

Finally hit 99 \o/. Is it true I can grab the 90-99 eden quests then turn them in after I trans?

Do job levels have 1 level at a time thing like base levels?

Yes and afaik yes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users