How to balance LUK? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to balance LUK?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Allegrah

Allegrah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Last year when I started up RO on the ygg server I remember a post here explaining how to balance luk but I cant seem to find it. For an example since Luk gives attack and hit rate along with other nice bonuses there should be a point where it is the better choice because of the per stat cost of skill points. Like adding LUK instead of DEX for more hit rate or LUK instead of STR for more damage. Is there a calculator for this?

#2 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

I know that someone made a damage maximization calculator and it's floating around the irowiki forums somewhere.
I've used it before but meh, too lazy to go find a link.

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

problem solved?
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Luk#LUK

#4 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

Generally, if the cost of adding 1 point of STR or DEX is more than the cost of adding 3 points of LUK, then you should LUK. There are a few exceptions to take into consideration. Certain class skills use stats directly in the damage formula so it is better to increase the stat directly instead of LUK. LUK also does not provide the additional +0.5% weapon ATK bonus, so for classes with high ATK weapons (eg. Pile Bunker for mechanic), it is probably better to increase STR directly.

Edited by olbaid, 14 April 2012 - 08:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users