What is the best guild on Ymir? - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What is the best guild on Ymir?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#51 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

<3

You should WoE with us again. A lot has changed. There are peaks and troughs in every guild's timeline...you just happened to attend only one WoE and that was one of those "oh -_-" times. lol.

I dunno... The WoEs that DC merged in were the same... =/

And besides... I won't hear the end of it if I actually take part in WoE.

#52 Valibos

Valibos

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

Unity was never the best guild. When a guild of 50+ wipes to a group of 5, because all of Unity died to 2 ticks of Pom's storm gust.... you can't be considered the best

Unity was the best guild iRO as a whole ever saw. Sorry, just the truth. :(

#53 arsn89

arsn89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationMassfag

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Unity was the best guild iRO as a whole ever saw. Sorry, just the truth. :(

AHAHAHAHAHA Get a load of this guy!!!!

I remember back when I was just starting out 7-8ish years ago My lvl 50 monk took out Pin's 99 High wiz with a 20 dex phen clip gfist LOL. Omg the lulz that ensued there after I did that was gloriousl

#54 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Unity was never the best guild. When a guild of 50+ wipes to a group of 5, because all of Unity died to 2 ticks of Pom's storm gust.... you can't be considered the best

Just the same though, Pom crutched on his GTB and died to one arrow vulcan.
Insur and Unity were both great guilds and I think the core Unity at its prime was better than the core Insur from back in the day.
PvP was a different story. Pom, Puj, and yourself could probably have bested any Unity trio. Puj was probably the best priest to ever play iRO.

#55 PudinPuddy

PudinPuddy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • Locationjumping out a window
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

The Fallen is the best guild. We're small so far and we don't do so well in WOE, but we're just a big great family. Everyone supports everyone and everyone's so hilarious.

#56 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Utopia's don't exist. Therefore a "Best Guild" Will not exist. Same with the updates to the game. Some people will love the updates. Other people will hate the updates.

#57 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Just to avoid some potential name calling and such.

Why not chime in with your guild name and server and say why you think yours is the best!

I know there are different weights to peoples opinions. Such as do you look for a guild that has more people on in your play timezone?
Helping on quests
Like to help members level up
Access to God Items.
All Ladies
Do WoE
Do PVP
Have great artists
Are funny to talk to and make your time in-game a pleasure

those are just some of the criteria I've seen myself, and for some 1 or 2 of those are so important, and others not all important.

[modvoice]I implore all of you to not make this a name calling thing, or trying to rip down others opinions on the matter. So do NOT go down the accusatory road to defamation in this thread, this thread should be about guild pride and why you have it, not why you think someone else is wrong.[/modvoice]

#58 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

All Ladies

lol~

#59 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Let's see...

- Friendly/active wise... I thought AB at the beginning but got some bad feedback from ex-members (different cases but common problem)... so I think CS would win in this category... they are quite interesting I must say.

- PvM oriented... Here have no idea since I'm not that "active" lately... but it seems AB have quite a good time doing ET and having MvP's parties... followed by CS again... Yoink can be counted as well.

- WoE oriented... I can say hands down Afrikan System... these guys may have "unique" personalities but at the end, Afrikan's leadership can't be questioned since he knows how to control these different personalities to bring out the most of these individuals... even people who transfer recently from different servers can back me up on this...

Then again... I still think there should be an "Anime Club" guild on Ymir as there's one on Valk...

+1

#60 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

I remember Wild-Blades

Ugh.... the Doolar fiasco.

On topic: either Clandestine Society or MY guild Folkvangr. CS because They are awesome and they have me on vent... so hilarity and dirtyness ensue. Folkvangr because well.... my icon is Panty from Panty and Stocking anime.

#61 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Pre Renewal after merge

SGN vs Insur although both guilds were using so many cheats who knows

Renewal no ones legit so doesnt matter. Anim just pulled a sakray and refused to quit till all the comp left and took advantage of a good situation (insur banned/EA quitting/SGN gone) and managed to recruit all the bandwagon hoppers. "Before I quit I wanna join a winning team on a server with 100 people woeing"-Shadow Pred. Good thing AS is around cant imagine Anim wants to go back to afk precasting for 6months again.

Edited by CocaCola, 17 April 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#62 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Anim just pulled a sakray and refused to quit till all the comp left and took advantage of a good situation (insur banned/EA quitting/SGN gone) and managed to recruit all the bandwagon hoppers.

Reminds me of that time I played Monopoly. Bankrupted every other player until they stormed off crying.

They wanted to start a new game, but there's no restarting with me. I win forever and there's nothing they could do about it. Muahahahahaa....

#63 xslipXoutx

xslipXoutx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

i doubt other guild's vent server is not as fun as Animosity's

#64 Pandapoop

Pandapoop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

AB is not the best, I don't think we are trying to be. We do however have the funniest Guild Leader! Yeah!!!

#65 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Just to avoid some potential name calling and such.

Why not chime in with your guild name and server and say why you think yours is the best!

I know there are different weights to peoples opinions. Such as do you look for a guild that has more people on in your play timezone?
Helping on quests
Like to help members level up
Access to God Items.
All Ladies
Do WoE
Do PVP
Have great artists
Are funny to talk to and make your time in-game a pleasure

those are just some of the criteria I've seen myself, and for some 1 or 2 of those are so important, and others not all important.

[modvoice]I implore all of you to not make this a name calling thing, or trying to rip down others opinions on the matter. So do NOT go down the accusatory road to defamation in this thread, this thread should be about guild pride and why you have it, not why you think someone else is wrong.[/modvoice]

This thread wasn't even supposed to get many replies D: Go away everyone! ;0

I'm apart of Azure breeze and the only reason it's the best is because of Charlie ;)

#66 epikhigh

epikhigh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

the best guild on ymir is omegacore and sacrifice really friendly people =)

#67 Kiyora

Kiyora

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

AB is not the best, I don't think we are trying to be. We do however have the funniest Guild Leader! Yeah!!!

Correction: Funniest and "Fail" guild leader. Like when he got stuck in traffic and does not make it to woe or mixes skills up trying to use mixed cooking instead of special pharmacy and then wondering why he is failing then accusing irowiki of lying. Then listening to his kpop music during woe saying it leads him to victory and allows him to get the best recalls off. True story.

#68 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Correction: Funniest and "Fail" guild leader. Like when he got stuck in traffic and does not make it to woe or mixes skills up trying to use mixed cooking instead of special pharmacy and then wondering why he is failing then accusing irowiki of lying. Then listening to his kpop music during woe saying it leads him to victory and allows him to get the best recalls off. True story.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

#69 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

This thread wasn't even supposed to get many replies D: Go away everyone! ;0

what makes you think this kind of thread will not get alot of reply?? we have PMs then. -_-

and one more question. why in the first place do you want to know whos the best guild? good reason? curiosity? bored? all of the above?

#70 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

what makes you think this kind of thread will not get alot of reply?? we have PMs then. -_-

and one more question. why in the first place do you want to know whos the best guild? good reason? curiosity? bored? all of the above?

Probably just everyday trollin XD!

#71 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

I have a funny and semirelated story to share on this topic.

The best guild to me was the one that made RO the most fun. So for a while my own guild and this other guild (who I won't name) were having a bit of a rivalry. Or a lot of a rivalry. They hated me, I thought they were the funniest thing on the server.

One day I was being a meanie in Guild Dungeon and randomly killing them on my sinx. They always would come back with a pvp party so I didn't feel too bad about doing so. My guild loved it, it was fun. So, me being the-_- that I was, I was spying on this other guilds vent. Listening to them so I knew where they were in the GD and stuff. When I heard that they phoned one of their guildmembers at work who had told them he would be there ASAP.

So I laughed a little and carried on screwing about, when a bit later I hear on this vent, that this member who left work early to come and kill me got ticketed for speeding on the way back.

They win the prize for best guild hands down. I loved playing against those guys and I was sad when they quit.

#72 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

I smell arguements and trolling :p_swt:

true

No, its quite an easy question there is no need for either of those.

not gonna happen

So, about 3 posts have been valid, the rest of you are just wasting your own time and a little of mine.

Thanks for the few legitimate replies!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably just everyday trollin XD!

idk bro :dunno: I really want to know the reason why he needs to know. its like asking NBA teams whos the best team in the league.

#73 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

true

not gonna happen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

idk bro :dunno: I really want to know the reason why he needs to know. its like asking NBA teams whos the best team in the league.

Obviously Its the one that brings me some food JK XD.

#74 jSora

jSora

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

Just the same though, Pom crutched on his GTB and died to one arrow vulcan.
Insur and Unity were both great guilds and I think the core Unity at its prime was better than the core Insur from back in the day.
PvP was a different story. Pom, Puj, and yourself could probably have bested any Unity trio. Puj was probably the best priest to ever play iRO.

The biggest strength Unity had was their numbers.... which also made them seem like they always needed it.

Unity had the biggest number of active pvp'ers during it's prime. So whenever word got out that there was a guild dungeon fight or whatever going on, people would flock there, even when it wasn't needed. Which is why it always seemed 2:1 or even 3:1 fighting against them.

I was quite disappointed that by the time Unity really started getting their spot in the game, that Puj and keke both pretty much had to quit the game for real life commitments.

Those were good times when there was an actual interest in the game. When player skill was actually important. And actually having to work for things in this game....

Gettin phone calls at all hours of the day to hop on for a gd war was always fun then....

#75 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

+1

+2 ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic