AzzyAI 1.50 alpha - 7/7 - Dev 8 posted, fRO support - Page 2 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

AzzyAI 1.50 alpha - 7/7 - Dev 8 posted, fRO support

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

#26 r0n1n

r0n1n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

ops sorry forgot to post that.. ./ai/user_ai/azztutil.lua:1196: attempt to compare number with nil

#27 KayT

KayT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

Can you manually cast sonic claw? Dow you have spheres?

If the answer is no to either one of those ( meaning if you aren't getting spheres ) cast style change, she is in grappler mode. Otherwise it sounds like you have a AI that isn't installed properly because my Eleanor is still casting claw by herself.

She is in fighter mode, has all spheres. When i try to cast sonic claw manually i get error from 795 line. Other than that i set Tactics to Skills always ( i had -3 set for few mobs) but she is using mostly Vani skills. I see her once in 20-50 attempts to use sonic claw... She "use" it but somehow Vani skill have much higher prioritet... Dunno why.

BTW. Is there possibility to turn off autocast Vanis range skills but keep Sonic Claw etc?

#28 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

She is in fighter mode, has all spheres. When i try to cast sonic claw manually i get error from 795 line. Other than that i set Tactics to Skills always ( i had -3 set for few mobs) but she is using mostly Vani skills. I see her once in 20-50 attempts to use sonic claw... She "use" it but somehow Vani skill have much higher prioritet... Dunno why.

BTW. Is there possibility to turn off autocast Vanis range skills but keep Sonic Claw etc?

It will prioritize sonic claw ahead of vani skills - but if it doesn;t have SP for sonic claw, it will use the vani bolts. You can set it to not use vani bolts by setting the skill class tactic to CLASS_S.

If you're in OD2, vani bolts will provide better exp/hr by a significant margin (and using a level less than level 5, as the example config does, IME further increases exp - it aggros with the bolt, and if that doesn't kill it, finishes it off with normal attack).

Edit: Found the issue (several, actually) with the 795 line. Typo in a variable name, compounded with an insufficient number of parenthesis that led to the code with the typo (which handled style change) being called when it shouldn't have been.

Edited by DrAzzy, 14 May 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#29 r0n1n

r0n1n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

You can use names (in CAPS - ie, FILIR, AMISTR, LIF). I will correct the config file to use the name instead of the number. Probably a remnant from the GUI sample I sent to NeoNilox, since the GUI will likely use numbers.

What is the text of the error message at 1196? I need to know what the error actually is, not just what line it is on.

Forgot to post that.. ./ai/user_ai/azztutil.lua:1196: attempt to compare number with nil

#30 KayT

KayT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

UseDanceAttack when set to 1 give errors from lines 1196 and 1163 (compare to nil).

Also i dont see anywhere in H_Config variable DanceMinSP (its described in pdf, found it in main so you prolly forgot to put it into config too).

Edited by KayT, 15 May 2012 - 07:33 AM.

#31 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

UseDanceAttack when set to 1 give errors from lines 1196 and 1163 (compare to nil).

Also i dont see anywhere in H_Config variable DanceMinSP (its described in pdf, found it in main so you prolly forgot to put it into config too).

Does it still error if you put in a DanceMinSP option into H_Config? Cause, if it';s not defined, it has a nil value, and naturally we compare the current sp to DanceMinSP... so comparing them to an undefined variable would throw an attempt to compare value to nil.

#32 KayT

KayT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Does it still error if you put in a DanceMinSP option into H_Config? Cause, if it';s not defined, it has a nil value, and naturally we compare the current sp to DanceMinSP... so comparing them to an undefined variable would throw an attempt to compare value to nil.

Still error.

if (UseDanceAttack==1 or (BerzerkMode==1 and Berzerk_Dance==1) or (panicmode==1 and Panic_UseDanceAttack==1 and HPPercent(MyID) > FleeHP)) and (IsHomun(MyID)==1 and MySkill==0) and GetDistanceRect(MyEnemy,GetV(V_OWNER,MyID)) < 13 and GetV(V_SP,MyID) >= DanceMinSP then
nx,ny=GetDanceCell(MyAttackStanceX,MyAttackStanceY,MyEnemy) (line 1163)

if (ChaseGiveUpCount>ChaseGiveUp) then
Unreachable[MyEnemy]=1 (line 1196)

Its in those two lines. I see only MyEnemy that is same variable in both of them but it prolly isnt it bc it works well everywhere else.

Edited by KayT, 15 May 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#33 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

Ugh! Finally found the problem with dance attack. I went through most of the AzzyUtil functions and put in local variable declarations (when I realized that lua made functions defined inside of functions globals unless otherwise specified, contrary to how civilized languages work - after finding a problem caused by this behavior), and accidentally put in a local declaration that cleared the arguments passed to the function. Lua's debugging facilities are crap for finding the root of errors caused from bad arguments passed down through several levels of functions.

#34 eruisto

eruisto

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Just got Pain Killer on my Sera, and knew from reading past posts that I needed to turn UseProvokeOwner on for it to autocast on me. When I turned it on, it stopped casting Poison Mist and wanted to cast Pain Killer about every 2 seconds. When I turned UseProvokeOwner back off, it started casting Poison Mist again and stopped casting Pain Killer (obviously, but wanted to point it out for completeness).

#35 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

Just got Pain Killer on my Sera, and knew from reading past posts that I needed to turn UseProvokeOwner on for it to autocast on me. When I turned it on, it stopped casting Poison Mist and wanted to cast Pain Killer about every 2 seconds. When I turned UseProvokeOwner back off, it started casting Poison Mist again and stopped casting Pain Killer (obviously, but wanted to point it out for completeness).

Yup, has been reported.

#36 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

TACT_IGNORE and TACT_TANKMOB don't work right w/regards to not attacking and killing those monsters. This was broken in 1.41 too. When were yall gonna let me know?!

Will get painkiller in like 20 mins or so at current exp rates (getting EPIC exp/hr in OD2 with a good spot, PoisonMistMode=1 and zens on attack low/clever chase, orc skels on react, and steel chonchons on ignore).

Edited by DrAzzy, 17 May 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#37 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Dev 3 posted.

Figured out what was wrong with Painkiller finally. There's now an option to use it when you are mobbed only.

Also added options for autocasting Stien Wand - see the Changelog. Untested.

SP-conserving "clever" chase works now. Not sure that's the ideal name for it, but I don't know what else to call it.

Working on legion support.

#38 HeroByChance

HeroByChance

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

2 quick questions. first what is lava slide mode? and is there a way to make my dieter cast volcanic ash when certain mobs are around? i'm at work and can't really look at config files or anything to try and figure it out.

#39 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

As described in the included documentation, LavaSlideMode controls how lava slide is used.
If set to 0, it will be used as an AoE attack - that is, it will be cast on locations where there are monsters, when the number of monsters (subject to the Weight tactic) that would be hit is greater than or equal to AutoMobCount

If set to another value, it will be routinely cast (like a buff skill) centered on the owner. Values of -2,-1,1 and 2 are supported for this, just like for all other buff skills (as described on pg 12 of the docs), though any option other than 1 or -2 (or 0) are very bad ideas. But these bad decisions are, technically, fully supported!

Volcanic Ash autocast is not currently supported because I don't know how it could be usefully used in PVM environments - Do note that it effects the owner too, so setting the homun to use it centered on owner (like we do with lava slide) is a terrible idea. If you have any ideas on this I'd love to hear them.

Edited by DrAzzy, 01 June 2012 - 07:26 AM.

#40 HeroByChance

HeroByChance

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

I know that it affects me as well. Just want VA it for the low lvl mvps when my homun is tanking and I'm far away enough to stay out of the AoE. And I would've looked it up in the documentation but for some reason the adobe reader here isn't up to date and I can't update with out IT. Just wanting to run ET as soon as I get home and before my fiance gets home and demands my attention. lol. Thanks for the super fast response.

EDIT: Another thing that might be useful for VA is the 150% dmg from fire property atks. Have dieter pyro the VA the mob then CC for extra dmg? just making sure you aren't in the aoe of course. Or since CC is forced neutral it won't be affected?

Edited by HeroByChance, 01 June 2012 - 07:55 AM.

#41 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

How would you want it to use VA?

While attacking? While chasing? Dependent on how many monsters were there or not? On the monsters? Or centered on the Dieter? (I don't think it affects the dieter) How do we mark what kind of monsters to use it on? I guess we'd specify whether to use it on monsters with TACT_DEBUFF... But yeah, it's questions like that that I don't know how to answer.

#42 RajiRajin

RajiRajin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

I have a question,
in the homunculus config there is an option of berserk mode..
I have to choose true or false,
What exactly berserk mode do? Is it as same as using berserk pots?

#43 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

I have a question,
in the homunculus config there is an option of berserk mode..
I have to choose true or false,
What exactly berserk mode do? Is it as same as using berserk pots?

You're evidently using 1.41, not 1.50 - only the configuration utility from 1.41 or earlier listed options as true/false (1.50 does not include a configuration utility, as a 1.50-compatible configuration utility doesn't exist yet). So you should have posted in the 1.41 thread, not the 1.50 thread. If you are using the 1.41 configuration tool with 1.50, you have already corrupted your config files - in this case, you should delete the contents of the USER_AI folder and reinstall the AI.

Per documentation, berserk mode lets you have the homun attack more vigorously ("go berserk") under certain conditions, like when mobbed, or when you command it to attack or skill.

Options related to Berserk Mode
Through this feature, you can have the homun attack more aggressively in
response to commands or large mobs. In the case of responses to commands, it will leave
berserk mode upon killing the target.
UseBerzerkSkill – Set to 1 to enter berserk mode when commanded to use an offensive
skill.
UseBerzerkAttack – Set to 1 to enter berserk mode when commanded to attack.
UseBerzerkMobbed – Set to 0 to disable, otherwise, when fighting this many or more
monsters at once (total of monsters on homun and friends/owner), homun will go into
berserk mode until there are fewer than this many monsters.
Berzerk_SkillAlways – Set to 1 to always use offensive skills when in berserk mode.
Berzerk_Dance – Set to 1 to use dance attack when in berserk mode (homun only).
Berzerk_IgnoreMinSP – Set to 1 to ignore UseSkillAuto_MinSP when in berserk mode.

As an example, if you're afking in a somewhat hard map, one might do something like:
UseBerzerkMobbed=4
Berzerk_IgnoreMinSP = 1 (true)
UseAutoSkill_MinSP = 400

Then, the homun would keep 400 sp in reserve, UNLESS it was fighting 4 or more monsters, in which case it would spam skills (using that 400 sp it had in reserve) until there were less than 4 monsters attacking it.

Or, you might be leveling with your homun, and want it to use skills sparingly when attacking of it's own initiative, but fight with everything it's got when you manually tell it to attack (UseBerzerkAttack = 1 and Berzerk_SkillAlways=1 and Berzerk_IgnoreMinSP=1 if you have a min sp set)

I'm not sure how useful this feature is, since people just sit in OD2 like losers instead of going out and leveling in more challenging locations. But it's there.

And the options are spelled with a z because when I wrote it, I spelled the word wrong, and since then have maintained the incorrect spelling for backwards compatibility.

Edited by DrAzzy, 11 June 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#44 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

I'm not sure how useful this feature is, since people just sit in OD2 like losers instead of going out and leveling in more challenging locations. But it's there.

>( Only reason I was in OD2 a lot on my Eira, was because anytime I was sleeping, or at college I would set it up. Thankfully Overed Boost-Intimacy Farm is godly enough that I was able to do that.
But any time I took my Eira anywhere away from an AFK Spot (OD2, or when we tried TI Surface) I practically don't even use much of the AI.

I set it to ... erm, I haven't touched RO in a month and a half and I forgot what settings I did. (I'm thinking it was super passive + rescue owner on default monster...)

But pretty much, it would just attack things that hit me (Rescue). It would tank everything else on it (Since it always runs with Overed Boost).
Movement I often manual control (Making it run ahead of me to claim monsters, otherwise AI Follows me) and also Manually controlled the skill use. (Such as Xeno Slashering a mob when claimed, so they will stay on the Eira while I Cart Cannon).
I don't even have Overed Boost on auto-cast. Because it drains my SP whenever I recast, I'd rather manually cast it once I cart cannon away my SP to 0. That way the negative side of the skill isn't even noticed by me. (My Eira runs around at perma-1 hunger when I'm actively using it. But still remains at loyal)

So yeah, for me I don't find a need for the Berserk options. Since I don't really even have much on Auto to begin with on my Eira. (I mainly use AI Movement / Tactics, not so much autocasting of things)

----

I do have a friend who set his Bayeri-AI to only Stahl horn Orc Archers though. (With lots of reserve SP)
But if he's mobbed a certain amount, he'll start to spam the skill to get rid of the zenorc/orc skeletons on him too.

IDK how effective it is, but he has it setup that way!
So some people do use the berserk mode.

(But also another two people who don't touch berserk at all... so 1/4 of us are using that setting)

#45 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

I don't personally use berserk mode... my cat just claws the living crap outta anything that gets in her way.

And I usually level in amatsu 2 /3 :P

#46 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

Posted Dev 4 - with PVP support. Set PVPMode=1 in H_Config, and it should enable PVP behavior. Try it out, and see how it works. PVP is still expected to be pretty rough, but I'm not a big PVP'er, so i'll need some help knowing what needs to be fixed, and what good behavior is.

Also - Neo Nilox has vanished, so it looks like the new GUI won't be happening. Likely means the GUI will be a rehash of the one used in 1.41 and earlier, hacked up to support the new features, since that';s the only way I can get a GUI released in a timely manner.

#47 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Has anyone played with this yet? I'd love to hear how the PVP functions are working.

I also don't have a Bayeri, so if someone could try out the steinwand autocast features, that'd be awesome.

#48 noeliesky

noeliesky

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, MB Canada

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

Why do I get error message when I tried to update my AI?

#49 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

Why do I get error message when I tried to update my AI?

If you are updating from 1.41 to 1.50, you must delete the entire contents of your USER_AI folder. Config and tactic files are not compatible between the versions.

Other than that, i'd need to know what the error messages you get are.

Edited by DrAzzy, 14 June 2012 - 08:31 PM.

#50 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Is it wise for a person who is quite Useless at computers and AI things (namely me....) to get 1.50 because i noticed there was no config when i tried so i was like :o NO. So im wondering if it would be any easier for all this in the future? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users