Newbie to Ragnarok and Swordsman, I need help please! - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie to Ragnarok and Swordsman, I need help please!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BCHero

BCHero

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

Hello folks, it's my first time playing Ragnarok Online, and I have a lot of questions regarding the swordsman class. I've actually spent quite a bit of time researching around the internet but all the technical terms that everyone is using just go over my head and I don't understand how to build my character.

First of all, i'm not sure what kind of stat build I should go for. I'm a level 11 swordsman with 17 STR 14 AGI 6 VIT 5 DEX 1 LUK/INT

I think I want to become a Rune Knight, but I really have no idea how I should build my stats from here on out, because it seems that how I build my stats affects what kind of skill build I follow? I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out on this.

And I'm not really sure what kind of first job skill build I should go for. Should I focus on 2h weapons? I already put 3 points in the 1h sword skill (by mistake?)

Also, it doesn't seem like the monsters drop Zeny? From what i've killed so far at least. How am I supposed to make money in the game? :(

Edited by BCHero, 23 April 2012 - 08:32 AM.

#2 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

1. You can see some list of build at irowiki.org. Its a good site to refer for game mechanics and other useful guide for builds. (Although some of it are pretty outdated)
2. 1 Handed Weapon have lower damage but slightly have more ASPD (Attack speed) and enables you to wear a shield (Shield will reduce your aspd but will boost your DEF (Defense). 2 Handed Sword have more damage output but you can't wear shield.
3. You need to pick up the loots that monster dropped after you killed it. And sell it to Vender NPC around town (Such as Tool Dealer, Weapon Dealer, Armor Dealer).

If you in Valk Server, you can PM me your in-game name. I'm gladly to help you for it.

#3 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Weapons don't matter THAT much early on. Seeing that most monsters are small in size when you first start out, a dagger or 1h sword works out best. Given that you're a new player I'm not going to bombared you with game mechanics. Here's my suggested skill build for your character.

http://irowiki.org/~...?10GXlkHXbndxcK

You'll notice that you can get both sword masteries if you go job 50(not that hard really). If you're getting Eden quest gears. Get the 1h sword first then get the 2h sword later.

I updated my RK guide a while back to include info on a swordsman/knight/lord knight. It's near the bottom of the page.

http://www.valkplaye...om/?page_id=296
(should really break it down so it's not one huge page)

#4 BCHero

BCHero

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Thank you both for the info! I appreciate it very much :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users