Early Maintenance April 24th - Page 11 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Early Maintenance April 24th

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#251 Shadiah

Shadiah

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

I'd say closer to 750-1000 actual people.

Ralis we know you and your fat bird count as at least 10 people.

#252 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

I think you need to go downstairs and then back upstairs again. We resolved the vending situation by creating a duplicate second floor, but the first floor still exists (the dye NPC will be moved next week). You're sort of in the empty house we left behind.

So the fact that this is happening randomly on character loading is going to be a normal thing? or going to be fixed?

I've had it happen every now and then when changing characters.

#253 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

>.> curse those non-aggro scarabs ):
30 min in: 400 tatachos killed, 190 scarabs D:

I could've sworn back in scarab1 they randomly turned aggro sometimes...

I can't even pick up the scarab part. I don't have the quest. I hate doing a single turn in on a x3 bm. what a waste. What do i need to do to get the scarab turn in?

Anybody have a solution to my problem?

Guess im going to put in a problem ticket. Done leveling for the evening. :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Edited by DarkDan, 24 April 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#254 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

No problem Oda. Just tired of the few still complaining about the results of the vote. Thanks for making this happen, it needed to be done!

I don't know who was complaining or still complaining about the result of the vote but I wasn't so please don't take your frustration out on me.

The last time I even mentioned anything about the vending change was yesterday, before it was being done.

#255 FatherBob

FatherBob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for the info but I don't know what that would be. I build my own computer & I keep the components updated with the latest hardware.
I have a NVIDIA GTX465. My CPU is running @ 4.07 MHz & my ISP is on FIOS running at 40+Mbps.
All my drivers are up to date & I've already uninstalled & re-installed the client a couple of times.
I would really love to know what the problem is now that I know it is only my computer & others don't have this problem.
I've even got new memory OCZ PC-8500 4 GB so I'm running 3 GB since I have XP.

Does having Firefox open have anything to do with it because that is the one thing I keep open due to Ragail, Wiki, Forums, etc...?

I do know I have another computer problem besides this I haven't been able to figure out. I have a feeling I need to replace my motherboard because I get BSOD reboots every once in awhile.

Possibly the OS, bit dated there. Firefox won't pull that much memory unless you have a ton of windows open like I do from time to time, and even then I haven't seen it hit over 500MB unless I was streaming Netflix.

Start by upgrading to 7. BSOD errors are tough to figure out unless you can identify the source of the error. Could also be a memory issue if there's a bad bank in one of the higher memory areas.

#256 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

Can you guys please do something about the spawns in the TI's? It's always lop-sided. One is always higher than the other one. (Most likely to have been said already, but I'm too lazy to read the entire thread and look at the RO Home forums...)

Also, the map for Roweens and Anopheles is WAY too big for them, either change the map for the lower level TI or 5x the spawn rate of the map.

Edited by SirDillhole, 24 April 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#257 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

and a botter bites the dust..

you enjoyed that didn't u...

i'm kinda jealous i wanna try that... haha

Edited by Niji, 24 April 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#258 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

Can something be done about the 105-120 spawn? It's like 90% vanberks. I finished the vanberk TI with barely 100 isillas. x.x

#259 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

Possibly the OS, bit dated there. Firefox won't pull that much memory unless you have a ton of windows open like I do from time to time, and even then I haven't seen it hit over 500MB unless I was streaming Netflix.

Start by upgrading to 7. BSOD errors are tough to figure out unless you can identify the source of the error. Could also be a memory issue if there's a bad bank in one of the higher memory areas.

I know it's not the memory. Like I said I just replaced it & I tested it also with memtest.

I know they are hard I've been tracking them for awhile using Blue Screen View but the errors constantly are varying & so is the file that it says caused it each time.
I've also freshly installed these hard drives not long ago because I just got them & am running RAID Mirrored. They are new Sata 6.0 drives even.

I know XP is older OS but it's all I've used beside previous ones & I never have used 7 yet & I'm not sure if I want to go there yet.

This is still a good OS used by many people.

#260 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

That awkward moment when Vanberks are 5 levels lower than Tatachos and Isilla are a higher level than Hilsrions...

#261 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

No Scarabs quest in log. When I click Gramps he says im already on the quest and will not give me Scarabs. Weird Glitch. I was getting a kill count on hillslion's before they changed it. Really sad. Sent a ticket into support.

Posted Image

#262 ValheruWolf

ValheruWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

I know it's not the memory. Like I said I just replaced it & I tested it also with memtest.

I know they are hard I've been tracking them for awhile using Blue Screen View but the errors constantly are varying & so is the file that it says caused it each time.
I've also freshly installed these hard drives not long ago because I just got them & am running RAID Mirrored. They are new Sata 6.0 drives even.

I know XP is older OS but it's all I've used beside previous ones & I never have used 7 yet & I'm not sure if I want to go there yet.

No idea what it is. But i'm going to say I doubt it is XP. 7 has it's own issues with ragnarok heh. Guessing it's just connection or something. Are you on a wired or wireless? Wireless could be speed issue, and how fast is your internet connection (speedtest.net) Going to guess it's those issues. I have run a total of 8 clients on my computer at once... though that wasn't for lot. Not d/ced just was popping betwen friends and my storages hunting for random items we had to move to the single merchant.

Oh And some how I have a single merchant.... I could use 3 or 4, but as long as I check it now and then I just rotate what I have for sale so something else sells. Not sure why you would need 6 unless selling a ton of gears as most things I sell stack.

I also vend different places depending on my loot i'm selling Recently and will still be selling Used Iron plates that a friend has been farming and Eden was best spot as it's the smith in Eden that uses them to upgrade the eden armor.

Edited by ValheruWolf, 24 April 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#263 bakumansuki

bakumansuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

what is this hve to do with this week maintanance topic? xD
btw its sad that my vote on number 1 is lost ((((;゚Д゚)))))))
but oh well, the vote is place by majority and Im sure gonna get used to it soon or later,

good things is i would hve to visit prontera oftenly now(which i rarely went for shopping purpose)
the downside, my vendor can't be my eyes on anyone recruiting for TI anymore >.<

#264 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

Thanks for the info but I don't know what that would be. I build my own computer & I keep the components updated with the latest hardware.
I have a NVIDIA GTX465. My CPU is running @ 4.07 MHz & my ISP is on FIOS running at 40+Mbps.
All my drivers are up to date & I've already uninstalled & re-installed the client a couple of times.
I would really love to know what the problem is now that I know it is only my computer & others don't have this problem.
I've even got new memory OCZ PC-8500 4 GB so I'm running 3 GB since I have XP.

Does having Firefox open have anything to do with it because that is the one thing I keep open due to Ragail, Wiki, Forums, etc...?

I do know I have another computer problem besides this I haven't been able to figure out. I have a feeling I need to replace my motherboard because I get BSOD reboots every once in awhile.

My computer is similar or even crappier than yours and I can run way more than 2 clients at once, at a high res too. Check your memory / CPU usage? And it's a good idea to restart firefox every now and then... it's kind of a memory leak. Sorta thinking of switching to chrome.

#265 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Will switch to Tatacho and Uni Horn Scaraba

Yay TY Heim!! :no1:

#266 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

No idea what it is. But i'm going to say I doubt it is XP. 7 has it's own issues with ragnarok heh. Guessing it's just connection or something. Are you on a wired or wireless? Wireless could be speed issue, and how fast is your internet connection (speedtest.net) Going to guess it's those issues. I have run a total of 8 clients on my computer at once... though that wasn't for lot. Not d/ced just was popping betwen friends and my storages hunting for random items we had to move to the single merchant.

Oh And some how I have a single merchant.... I could use 3 or 4, but as long as I check it now and then I just rotate what I have for sale so something else sells. Not sure why you would need 6 unless selling a ton of gears as most things I sell stack.

I also vend different places depending on my loot i'm selling Recently and will still be selling Used Iron plates that a friend has been farming and Eden was best spot as it's the smith in Eden that uses them to upgrade the eden armor.

I'm wired & my speed is great. I've got Verizon Fios & I get 45+ Mbps. I tested it again tonight this time with Firefox closed & it seems to be fine. I probably just have entirely too many tabs & windows open that it gets to be up over 250mb.

I could use a 2nd merchant since most of what I have is gear but it's not like I run out of items to sell while I'm away so I don't see what the big deal is like you said. Only time I have the two accounts on is to move items or zeny around.

what is this hve to do with this week maintanance topic? xD
btw its sad that my vote on number 1 is lost ((((;゚Д゚)))))))
but oh well, the vote is place by majority and Im sure gonna get used to it soon or later,

good things is i would hve to visit prontera oftenly now(which i rarely went for shopping purpose)
the downside, my vendor can't be my eyes on anyone recruiting for TI anymore >.<

Maintenance was done earlier today & is finished.

My computer is similar or even crappier than yours and I can run way more than 2 clients at once, at a high res too. Check your memory / CPU usage? And it's a good idea to restart firefox every now and then... it's kind of a memory leak. Sorta thinking of switching to chrome.

Being that I am always closing Firefox when I am away to prevent any disconnection and/or BSOD I am restarting Firefox more than once a day, It will start building up memory fast since it doesn't release memory it's using until you do if you open new sites, etc...

I think it's probably the BIOS on this motherboard. I've got a couple of others I can try instead when I get a chance to swap them out.

Thanks everyone...

#267 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

About the eden group vends upstairs. We'll see how it goes, it is possible we will end up having to block it everywhere in the eden group.

Eh vendors upstairs are fine, theres only like a 2x8 area they can vend in anyway :P

You know what you could do? make a "sign" NPC that looks like the eden boards and call it "no vending!" or "keep off the lawn!" or something, and just sprinkle them around the bottom floor. Could also (idk if its actually possible) increase the "no vend" radius around NPC's from 3 cells to 5 cells or something.

#268 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

Heimdallr, if it's not a secret, could you please post exact results of Eden vending vote for all servers individually?

Edited by Vehona, 25 April 2012 - 01:33 AM.

#269 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

What does 1 gold selling ring" exactly mean?

#270 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

i don't have any problems with windows 7 and RO so i don't know what kind of problems u have but i've never had any also the reason for 6 vendors online are they were guild vendors so yeah i just ran them anyhoo if you turn off the user authintication crap windows 7 works fine.

#271 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

Heimdallr, if it's not a secret, could you please post exact results of Eden vending vote for all servers individually?

Go ask people in Eden. Every 8-9 our of 10 people will tell you they are happy that those -_- vendors are gone.

#272 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

I'm so glad i can see Gramp's beard now <_<

#273 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

I'm so glad i can see Gramp's beard now <_<

gramps has a beard

#274 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:46 AM

What does 1 gold selling ring" exactly mean?

bad people who must be banned!

any news on TI fixes.

at work, going home.

Edited by Kenichi, 25 April 2012 - 04:49 AM.

#275 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

Go ask people in Eden. Every 8-9 our of 10 people will tell you they are happy that those -_- vendors are gone.

A million times, this. It wouldn't surprise me if he was one of the many butthurt Eden vendors. I knew one way or another there'd be people raging over the decision on Eden vending.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users