Early Maintenance April 24th - Page 6 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Early Maintenance April 24th

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#126 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

What is this power leveling thing I keep seeing? Sorry a bit new in te fact I guess I thought power leveling was leveling for hours on end? How does that make u at risk for hackers?

Don't know don't use said services and like I said the power leveling service is a new one on me. Nobody said everyone is at risk but you'd be foolish to not heed the warning that accounts have been compromised on a slightly larger scale than normal. I changed my passes just the same because it takes all of a minute to do vs weeks if my account was to get compromised (unlikely because I don't engage in those stupid services and do not share my information).

#127 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

power lvling = efficiently botting

#128 traytray31

traytray31

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTennessee...
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

I changed my info even tho i didnt get involved in anything... i changed my pw for in game and for wp..and what is this weeks TI's lvls :)

#129 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

could you at least bring out something kool since were loosing woe :(

#130 Lazerbomb

Lazerbomb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

Don't know don't use said services and like I said the power leveling service is a new one on me. Nobody said everyone is at risk but you'd be foolish to not heed the warning that accounts have been compromised on a slightly larger scale than normal. I changed my passes just the same because it takes all of a minute to do vs weeks if my account was to get compromised (unlikely because I don't engage in those stupid services and do not share my information).

but what if you got an account from having a friend quit RO and dont have access to their warpportal account? T_T NOOOOOOOOO, ima lose my AB account /sob

#131 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

tell said friend to reset the pass for you?

#132 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

Mighty Hammer has never upgraded right for as long as I've known.

Oda & the GM team ran some tests while it was Iris Hammer & found out the percentages were set wrong. I haven't noticed anything since though.

I remember seeing lots of complaints about people having problems getting the safe 10 certs to work & I don't know if this was also the reason since I held off on trying till I knew for sure things were working,

I've always gone through way more certs using Mighty Hammer then using Enriched just to reach +7.

Stop spreading false rumors.. The %s have been the same since before renewal, this is checked with every build to be sure those % stay the same, if there was an anomaly we stopped it before it effected any players by requesting a new build.

#133 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

So it's really a false rumor. I was surprised to read it that I could miss such an important statement from GMs about failed upgrade ratios.

#134 frohzn

frohzn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Heim give us Please Bio2 Turn in Or Scarab and make the Nogg to Perm Ti Map the best Ti map ever!

#135 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

I guess it's fortunate that I don't need to go to 2nd floor for much, these days.......guess we'll see how bad it is when all possible Eden vending is mashed into that area.

At least first floor will be vend-free so that only chats can be put up. Should make party advertising easier.

#136 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

Regarding the forced PW change. If you've never shared acct info and not done any of those other things like visiting a site that may have put a trojan on your PC for monitoring your traffic and possibly keylogging you then you don't have to worry.

The problem is for the "hackers" this is a business for them, they will purchase lists of accounts found by whatever means necessary from people that make Trojans who specialize in trying to get them onto your PCs. Yes it is all illegal, but that just makes it more profitable. Stolen accounts for any MMO is big business, and lists get sold all the time, RO is certainly one of those targets. I'm changing my PW because it is good operating practice to do so every 3-6 months. It is also wise because most of the time you don't know 100% who may be listening in on the network, who else did stuff to the PC, or what has happened to that friends PC/network whom you let log in your account that one time.. For security it pays to be paranoid. We are trying to tread the line of protecting players and keeping everything playable.

#137 aquaria

aquaria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

a friend of mine was trying to upgrade with iris hammer and she couldn't get +9 and felt so bad I started buying her more hd ori but it still wouldn't go over +8, it was really depressing. Now we're both poor due to iris hammer u_u

Just upgraded a red pom band to +9 using 22 hd elu. Might just be her luck.

#138 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

Regarding the forced PW change. If you've never shared acct info and not done any of those other things like visiting a site that may have put a trojan on your PC for monitoring your traffic and possibly keylogging you then you don't have to worry.

The problem is for the "hackers" this is a business for them, they will purchase lists of accounts found by whatever means necessary from people that make Trojans who specialize in trying to get them onto your PCs. Yes it is all illegal, but that just makes it more profitable. Stolen accounts for any MMO is big business, and lists get sold all the time, RO is certainly one of those targets. I'm changing my PW because it is good operating practice to do so every 3-6 months. It is also wise because most of the time you don't know 100% who may be listening in on the network, who else did stuff to the PC, or what has happened to that friends PC/network whom you let log in your account that one time.. For security it pays to be paranoid. We are trying to tread the line of protecting players and keeping everything playable.

I would also like to extend on this idea, passwords for RO accounts use 23 characters and WP passwords use 25 characters. The longer the password the harder to crack, the more unique the password, the hard it is to crack. What does this mean? It means use symbols, !@#$%^&*(), numbers, 1234567890, and characters both capitalized and lowercase.

http://en.wikipedia....Password_policy

NEVER EVER KEEP YOUR PASSWORD LIST ON YOUR COMPUTER.

For me I use a key drive with my list if I forget one that is encrypted so that basically the only this computer plus my own personal 32 alpha-numeric character password will unlock it, I also change these about ever 6 months as well as the key to the lock.

Of course you don't need to go to this extreme, this is because my work PC is my own personal PC so I have to keep safeguards in place.

#139 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

Sounds a bit too paranoid.

#140 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

In general it's good account security to change every once in a while. It just takes a few minutes to do and saves hours of work by the GM team and lots of heartache for the player. While the GMs can track where items go after being hacked, reversing vends and trades to players who didn't know that the item was "hot" is a major hassle for all involved.

#141 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

I read an article on brute force password hacking and passwords like "The Green Stapler Ate Dinosaurs" are more secure than passwords like "ilubr@gn@r0k1" due to the number of bits added by length and spaces. And the first type of password is easier for a human to remember and less likely to end up in a password file.

#142 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

I have been trying to use the password policy we had when I was in the Air Force. It was something like you had to have at least 2 lower and 2 upper case letters, at least 2 numbers, and I want to say 2 special characters. I'm also pretty certain that you couldn't use any of your past 3 passwords when it came to resets, and you weren't supposed to have repeating numbers and stuff, so you couldn't do something like 11aaBB and stuff like that.

At any rate, I may change my passwords since it's been a while. A few years ago I had given a guild access to my account when I had quit, though at the time I changed my password to something completely different that I never use for anything else, lol. Fortunately I don't think anyone ever logged into my account anyway.

#143 kentoriyama

kentoriyama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Send the vendors back to pront :) There's nothing in the normal vending areas in pront that people would need. Except dungeon teleport and battlegrounds. Which could easily be accessed at another city.

#144 kentoriyama

kentoriyama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

I have been trying to use the password policy we had when I was in the Air Force. It was something like you had to have at least 2 lower and 2 upper case letters, at least 2 numbers, and I want to say 2 special characters. I'm also pretty certain that you couldn't use any of your past 3 passwords when it came to resets

Same with the Navy, it got really retarded when you HAD to change it every 90 days. . .

#145 frohzn

frohzn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

the Ti is boring qq

#146 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Dafuq? Hillslion and Tatacho for 125-140? Seriously? Wasnt that supposed to be a 105-120 TI? :hmm:

#147 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

Stop spreading false rumors.. The %s have been the same since before renewal, this is checked with every build to be sure those % stay the same, if there was an anomaly we stopped it before it effected any players by requesting a new build.

I'm sorry I didn't know it wasn't true. I was just going by previous posts I've read about the +10 certs not working right & then I read another post recently from Oda saying something about testing having been done & a problem being found along with what I heard from others.

So I was just hoping things had been fixed & were working better now. I guess it was wishful thinking.

Does this mean there has been no changes & they are working exactly the same as they always have been with Might Hammer regarding +7 & +10 certs because his failure rate is extremely high compared to other Blacksmiths?

There must be a big a difference then between Enriched Hammer's success rate & Mighty Hammer's?

That's why I asked if there was anything that showed a comparison of the percentages between the different Blacksmiths in the different cities.

Once again I apologize it wasn't intentional, I'm not the only that has thought there has been a problem with Mighty Hammer for some time now though.

#148 whobez

whobez

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

That feel when both your AB and sura are in the level deadzones between turn ins.

Would it really hurt to make the last map's level requirements 5 levels lower? It sucks to always be caught in these deadzones, makes vip feel worthless. It's really frustrating.

#149 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

Serious questions for the CM team: Will we ever get a Bio3 turn in again? Why hasn't there been one in a while?

#150 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

@Forced Passwordchange

I have like 4 Accounts, spread among like 4 WP Master Accounts.
I dont have access to at least 2 of those Master-Account E-Mails and as far as I know they dont even excist anymore.
However, I do not think its MY JOB to remember those and I will not make any move to get access to them again - nor sent in an ticket to get you guys giving me access again.

So, if you change the Password by force to PROTECT people who have BROKEN the Terms of Service I will guarantee you to quit enterily.
Doing easy math and checking track files you'll see that this will cost you at least 100 ~ 150$/ per Month.

This is no threat or anything, srsly. Its just me, telling you guys that I cant get access back to those said accounts. Changing the password for them by force is like banning me thus resulting in me quitting and you loosing important money.

This said, screw the people breaking the law. Tell THEM to change THEIR Password and dont force us all to do so and let us PAY for their stupidness and lack of brain!

Edited by Bascojiin, 24 April 2012 - 11:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users