Is 10x Fencer Mercenary Scroll useful? How to use it? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is 10x Fencer Mercenary Scroll useful? How to use it?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Armagh

Armagh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

As per topic. Thanks in advance.

#2 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

Buy a legit max mercenary at level 99 in preparation for rebirth(I usually go with the 6th rank archer because dat Double strafe, and I usually never used the mercenaries so no high loyalty points)
Once contract expires, pop the level 99 Fencer mercenary.
Go to Overlook VIP dungeon
???????????????
Profit.

Alternative
Rebirth and wear HP gear.
Go to Magmarings
Summon Fencer and let him loose.
Even with exp penalty, the exp is far more than anything you would normally get.
????????????
Profit.

I just went and rebirthed half of my chars and I pretty much never did any fighting.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 24 April 2012 - 04:09 AM.

#3 Armagh

Armagh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

I read the iROWiki on mercenary system, it tells me a whole lot about the summoned swordman, spearman or bowman levels, stats, skills, blah blah bla... but the entire write up never tells me about how to "really use" the swordman, spearman or bowman. For example...

I have 0 loyalty point, when I double-click a level 10 fencer mercenary scroll do I get to summon a level 99 swordman?

Can I double-click 12 level 10 fencer mercenary scrolls at 1 go, summon 12 level 99 swordman at 1 go?

Do I have to control the summoned swordman to attack?

If yes, how do I control the summoned swordman & my chr at the same time?

How do I control the summoned swordman to use their skills? Bash or Bowling Bash or Frenzy?

Edited by Armagh, 24 April 2012 - 04:35 AM.

#4 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

You can summon 1 merc at a time - you can't even use the scrolls if you've got one around.
Right click the mercenary, open "view status" window and put his skills on your hotkey bars

Let loose~

And yes in Underwater VIP dungeon it was mad fast, with Heroic Backpack to loot what he kills.
He gives quest kill count and full exp, just let him go at it!

#5 Armagh

Armagh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

Thank you for sharing. My Royal Guard is now level 121, I summon a level 99 mercenary swordman, am I right to assume I won't be able to receive exp from the monster my mercenary swordman killed?

Another question, can a level 99 mercenary swordman kill a Raydric or Nightmare Terror?

#6 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

I have 0 loyalty point, when I double-click a level 10 fencer mercenary scroll do I get to summon a level 99 swordman?

Yus, you can summon the mercenary as long as you have the scroll.

Can I double-click 12 level 10 fencer mercenary scrolls at 1 go, summon 12 level 99 swordman at 1 go?

No, only 1 mercenary can be summoned at a time. To summon a different merc, wait until your current merc is gone, or open the menu by ctrl+T and dismiss from there.

Do I have to control the summoned swordman to attack?

You can control mercenaries, and/or use an AI for them to attack. The default AI is horrible.

If yes, how do I control the summoned swordman & my chr at the same time?

To control your merc, use shift+right click. For instance, shift+rightclick on an empty cell to walk, on a monster to attack that monster...

How do I control the summoned swordman to use their skills? Bash or Bowling Bash or Frenzy?

Open the mercenary menu by pressing ctrl+t, select skills, and drag the skills to your menu bar. Use the skills as you normally would use your own skills.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

For rebirthing, the best option is to use a mercenary with an AoE attack (spearman level 6 with brandish is perfect), and after you changed to your first job (for the novi jobs just kill anything outside the town), go to level 2 culverts. flywing until you find a thiefbug mob, and use brandish, repeat... flywing from the familiars too.

#7 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

No, you do get full exp from monsters mercenaries kill, otherwise there would be no point to them and the "Rebirthing trick" wouldn't exists.

As for AI's, AzzyAI works for both Homunculus and Mercenaries.

I rebirthed my Blacksmith and thanks to the Fencer scrolls, i pretty much got back to level 80 as a Mastersmith in like 1 hour.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 24 April 2012 - 04:58 AM.

#8 Armagh

Armagh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

As for AI's, AzzyAI works for both Homunculus and Mercenaries.

About AzzyAI, I download it into which folder inside Gravity folder?

After downloading, do I need to reconfigure the file or it is ready for use whithout any reconfiguration?

Edited by Armagh, 24 April 2012 - 05:21 AM.

#9 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

You get full exp but it is still scaled based on your level.
Before the alchemists took over OD2, Brandish merc with hide clip was a great way to level after rebirth.
For culverts 2, I've tried both Spear and Archer level 6, the Archer does a better job. Just remember to buy a few mercenary blue pots.

#10 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

E:\Program Files\Gravity\Ragnarok Online\AI\USER_AI (or whatever Drive you have your Ragnarok intalled in if it's not E or C)

And it all depends on WHAT you actually want your mercenary to do. As you may have a certain thing in Mind.

If you want a super aggressive Mercenary right out of the box ZenAI is pretty good for that.

Since you're asking for all of this in the first place, i'm going to assume you don't have an alchemist either as its quite common now a days for all AI's to be both for Homunuclus and Mercenary. So its not like you could have just "missed" the mercenary stuff while trying to set the AI for your homunculus.

#11 Armagh

Armagh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

Yep. I dont have a alchemist chr.

Thank you for sharing. Truly appreciated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users