10 replies to this topic

#1 siwi0307

siwi0307

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

Ok so I am confused is the Ice pick MH then a weap like +7 Hurricane Damascus the right setup or is it vice versa? And I thought the Ice Pick only ignores def when it hits instead of adding the effect to the offhand. I am still new to the game but I got a Sinx at 85 through the eden quests. So is there a better dagger setup for massive damage for single target lvling past 99 or at 85+? Any of you DD SinX still out there help me out XD.

Oh one more thing if Ice Pick is suggested is it upgradeable through the blacksmiths?

#2 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/1230/
That is incorrect Ice pick does not ignore def, but instead deals [Occult Impaction] style damage in which is damage is increased by a monsters or players def.

#3 Sparassidae

Sparassidae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

ditch dd go katar.. single target leveling is just sad unless u go soul destroyer. u do realise as a dd sin u get almost 0 skill... right hand mastery is not really a skill and u can skip left hand unless it is for pre req.

#4 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

ditch dd go katar.. single target leveling is just sad unless u go soul destroyer. u do realise as a dd sin u get almost 0 skill... right hand mastery is not really a skill and u can skip left hand unless it is for pre req.

That is not true I single target level as a level 127/33 Guillotine Cross at Bradium Golems with Dual Daggers. Damage with Katar 400+150 Double Attack. Damage with Icepick/Fire Dagger 1,800 Double Attack. Dual Daggers can be just as strong as Katars, but unless you're using a Glorious Flamberge/Ice Pick with Xellie's Equipment it would be recommended more for PVM than PVP ^^.

Edited by Riakuta, 01 May 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#5 siwi0307

siwi0307

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:41 AM

So if i can find an ice pick for lets say the ice dun and the fire dun with elemental daggers respective to their area I would have ice pick MH and elemental offhand? Yea I hope there is a skill reset because i jacked my s*** up.

#6 Brenson

Brenson

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:23 AM

Ice pick goes in your off hand (left). You're really only using the ice pick for the damage mod which is added to the main hand (right). Either use elemental damas or a grimtooth in your right hand and you'll be happy with the damage. Once you get GX you can endow with poison then decrease the mob's defense by 50% and just watch the damage fly.

#7 siwi0307

siwi0307

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

wow ok thanks i always thought what goes in left slot was MH and right was OH now I know XD anyways thanks for the help guys u cleared up alot of questions. I need one last one answered though the reset stones can reset skill right? This is a new item to me since i didnt play for 6 years.

#8 Brenson

Brenson

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:13 AM

na, reset stones only let you reset your stats, you need a nuetralizer box to reset your skills. don't forget there's a mezmorizer in eden that will do it 1 time for free. she's just above old gramps that does the weekly turn-ins, and below the lvls 1-85 quest boards.

#9 siwi0307

siwi0307

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

wow thank you so much i was worried that i was screwed lol But when i look at the picture on info tab is the left MH or OH so that i dont screw this up. He said right but every game i ever played was left MH. Well the game was invented in south korea so my people probably did like their books. a.k.a. right to left.

#10 Sparassidae

Sparassidae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

mesmerizer has been moved to the counter near instructor ur

oh how abt an idea that most people in the world is right handed thus main hand is generally on the right. like most people place mouse on the right for the same reason.

i am not saying you cant dd... to get maximum damage as dd you need very expensive gear. how many set of quad / tripple dagger? saharic, flamable, clamourous, bloody probably the main ones, then if you really want maximum damage you need to mix match your cards. icepick n ck cost a lot too at east in ymir. and the elemental daggers of course.

now as a katar sin you probably need only the elemental katars (just the windy one is expensive) plus a n over upgraded jamadhar or even eden katar to level anywhere (with nat crit, if you can afford it a few crit equipment). as a sinx can use wild claw beast or drill katar for high flee monster.
my dd sin on 99 and 50 dex and decent equips still cant hit a lot of monster around my level consistently. easier to level as a crit as a sin with katar for sure. probably this all cost equivalent to your ck and icepick... you can use the OH weapon budget to get better gear, dragon set and gear cards. a decent katar sin cost much less than a decent dd sin.

and what about skills? sinx and sin has almost 0 skills that is designed for dd except for right/left hand mastery. enchant poison, envenom, steal, poison react all these skills can be used as a katar sin but you miss on the best sin skills grimtooth n sonicblow. sonicblow can 1 or 2 shot kill enemies too making more efficient than getting hit and using pots. as a sinx dagger can use soul destroyer but than its entire different stat for the build.....

Edited by Sparassidae, 02 May 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#11 siwi0307

siwi0307

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

Yeah right now I hit everything fine cause i m going 90str 90 agi 60+ dex and I am not missing at all. Dont get me wrong I got all the katars except for the trans ones. but hitting for 1500+ constantlly is better than the 800 + 250 or whatever it would be. I have +5 Ice Pick with a +5 Scapel for overall leveling because and when i need to switch between my wind or ice damascus. Honestlly DD to me levels me easier, but only down side is that alot of skills is for the katar so maybe when i start getting aroun 120+ as a GX I will start using katar build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users