• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 individual

individual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

I just want the homunculus to TANK in standby, no skills, no attacking, and follows closely. I don't need a ton of ridiculous script and coding. I've also tried looking for the answer myself. And I can't seem to find it. All I end up with is silly GUI's and advanced AI's that don't deliver the result I want. Is there anyone who knows what I can do? If you know what parts of the script I need please share. :( I just want to change my default AI to tank only and nothing else.

#2 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

Is AzzyAI too complicated for you?

You can do exactly what you want with AzzyAI. Then if you ever decide in the future that you want your Homunculus to do more, then you already have an appropiate AI to do that with instead of trying to download another AI.

#3 individual

individual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

I've tried Azzy AI, despite using the GUI and setting all attack and skill to 0, it still attacks. I even tried doing the settings myself in notepad, no changes.

Edited by individual, 01 May 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Under tactics, set the basic tactic to "tank", and it will hit that kind of monster once to aggro it, and again if it for some reason doesn't aggro on the homun or gets pulled off (ie, target changing monster being attacked by something else).

To have it not do anything (not even attack to aggro the monster), set SuperPassive to 1.

#5 individual

individual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Ive done all of this, and it still goes nuts.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

Ive done all of this, and it still goes nuts.

Is it installed correctly?

Are you running windows vista or later with UAC enabled and RO installed in program files? That configuration is not supported because windows will block changes to the config files (and often, installation of the AI).

#7 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

Ya, you would need to move your Ragnarok folder to some other location just to let you alter the AI file.

Or you could disable UAC, but thats highly not recommended.

#8 individual

individual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

It is installed correctly, my custom folder has the same installation and it works fine. With the exception to it refusing to tank. When I swapped to the default folder to give me the option of two different settings - (And the opportunity to check options...) The problem I'm experiencing, still persisted. I am running Windows 7 and I have the UAC popup disabled by default. The entire folder runs on admin, regardless of UAC.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

It is installed correctly, my custom folder has the same installation and it works fine. With the exception to it refusing to tank. When I swapped to the default folder to give me the option of two different settings - (And the opportunity to check options...) The problem I'm experiencing, still persisted. I am running Windows 7 and I have the UAC popup disabled by default. The entire folder runs on admin, regardless of UAC.

AzzyAI must be installed in USER_AI. Installing it in AI will not give you the choice between two sets of settings, because it will still load the settings from USER_AI.

#10 individual

individual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

Well, if I've tried both folders, then what do I use to get it to stop using skills and attacks?

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

Well, if I've tried both folders, then what do I use to get it to stop using skills and attacks?

What is desired behavior? Hitting monsters to aggro them and then tanking them, or it not ever attacking or reacting to anything?

#12 individual

individual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

I basically want it to follow closely behind me while its tanking monsters. (So it doesn't fall behind or off screen.) In standby, it should not react to cast & attacks. And it should never attack or use skills. (Assume that the monsters are assist and aggro mobs.) Unless, I specifically tell it to by alt clicking.

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

Using default config, with only SuperPassive changed, set to 1 (true) should work.

If it doesn't, that is a new bug which has not been previously reported. I thought someone had SuperPassive=1 working correctly. In 1.50, I just cleaned up a few unlikely situations where SuperPassive might not do it's job (if you were sitting, or had homun in standby)

Edited by DrAzzy, 02 May 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#14 individual

individual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

SuperPassive is set to 1, and it's still attacking/using skills.

#15 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:13 AM

This is not an insult in any way, no one has asked. Did you activate custom ai using /hoai command?
I know super passive was working for me during the april fools event...

Roman

#16 individual

individual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

Yes, I have.

#17 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

Do any settings changes have any effect on behavior of the AI? Check that with something really obvious (like, set UseAutoSkill to 0, to turn off skill use, and see if it still autouses skills).

If settings changes don't effect behavior of the AI, either you're editing the files in the wrong location, or you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, with RO is installed under program files and UAC enabled.

#18 individual

individual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Alright I'll check.

#19 individual

individual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

^Still isn't working/not resolved.

#20 individual

individual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

:sob:

#21 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

I assumed this had been resolved. I cannot reproduce your problem with SuperPassive in 1.50 or 1.41.

Do any settings changes have any effect on behavior of the AI? Check that with something really obvious (like, set UseAutoSkill to 0, to turn off skill use, and see if it still autouses skills).

If settings changes don't effect behavior of the AI, either you're editing the files in the wrong location, or you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, with RO is installed under program files and UAC enabled.

What are the results of this test?

#22 individual

individual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

Still auto skilled and wouldn't stop attacking after it was told to attack. Can't seem to get it to auto follow after. So scrapped the AI and tried getting it to do it with Default AI. With the Default AI had similar problems. I could get it to attack by clicking and not skill. But once it was attacking it wouldn't stop attacking or go into standby to tank it. While having 3 or 4 mobs on it, it wouldn't move at all. I only need it to do 3-4 things, is there another way?

#23 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Still auto skilled and wouldn't stop attacking after it was told to attack.

This means that you were editing a copy of the config file in the wrong location, or the changes are not being seen by the client due to User Account Control.

You need to edit the files located in the USER_AI folder. This means that you open the config program located there, or you manually open the file located there.

If you are doing this correctly, then it's a UAC problem; Move the entire Ragnarok Online folder to a location outside of program files, delete the USER_AI folder, and create a new USER_AI folder in it's place and install the AI to there. You will need to correct shortcuts so they point to the new location of RO after you move the RO folder.

wouldn't stop attacking after it was told to attack.

Please describe what behavior you are expecting? After being commanded to attack something, every AI will continue attacking until it's dead or until you run far enough away to make it decide to follow you.

#24 individual

individual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

Homunculus will not attack, use skills, tanks in standby and follows closely.

For example say that monster A is non aggro. When the Homunculus is told to attack monster A by clicking it, it does so. Then monster B, & C, etc, assist. Homunculus goes into standby when told to. Then does not attack A, B, and C. It tanks these monsters and other monsters around it. Until they are killed by the owner only. When the owner walks, the Homunculus will follow its owner closely. Regardless of it is tanking any monsters.

#25 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

You should investigate the installation/configuration editing issue - this is at the heart of the problems you're experiencing - I have features that will do exactly what you want, but for some reason the AI is not able to see the changes you're making to the configuration. I suspect you're doing something wrong here, so let's try to separate out the

The process for installation + configuration should be:

Open the RO folder (ex, by rightclicking the shortcut to RO and choosing Open File Location)
Double-click AI
Double-click USER_AI
Select all files in that folder, delete them. Leave folder open.
Download latest version of 1.41.
Open the 1.41 archive you downloaded.
Double-click the AzzyAI 1.41 folder inside
Select all files in that folder, and drag them to the USER_AI folder.
Close the archive folder, so you're just looking at the USER_AI folder.
Double-click the AzzyAI Config
On the Homunculus Configuration tab, set SuperPassive to true.
Save and exit the config program.
Start Ragnarok Online, enter game on homun owner.
/hoai until it says the AI has been customized.
Use the skill Call Homunculus.

Following that exactly, if the homunculus attacks monsters on it's own, you have UAC problems.
If that works, you were doing something wrong before.

Homunculus will not attack, use skills, tanks in standby and follows closely.

For example say that monster A is non aggro. When the Homunculus is told to attack monster A by clicking it, it does so. Then monster B, & C, etc, assist. Homunculus goes into standby when told to. Then does not attack A, B, and C. It tanks these monsters and other monsters around it. Until they are killed by the owner only. When the owner walks, the Homunculus will follow its owner closely. Regardless of it is tanking any monsters.

Okay, so the problem you experienced would be adequately described by "After commanding homunculus to attack, commanding it to move into standby does not cause it to stop attacking"

The default AI should stop attacking when put into standby. Alt+T is the command (Ctrl+T is for mercs), my AI will unless you have DefendStandby turned on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users