May Day Maintenance - Page 7 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

May Day Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#151 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Just finished doing the turn in on my 150 Warlock, and I gotta say between the two deaths I had (which really isn't much) I only walked out with 3% more then what I walked in with. Roughly about 15% when taking into account the turn in itself. I'm not gonna complain because I'm really happy to have a turn in that was different for a change, but this definitely isn't a turn in that merits using any BMX3, or even a reset stone.

It's a real shame because the turn in itself is actually a lot of fun (especially when you're sporting KVM gear haha) but thanks to the exp gain/loss ratio it's not a turn in that pushes you to stay longer then you have to, at least not at the higher levels of the tier.

Edited by Alaska, 02 May 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#152 awsomo777

awsomo777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationKennebunk, Maine
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Anyone think that they purposely made the TI's suck? kinda like a message saying: "Hey, stop relying on TI for exp and go to the maps where the monsters actually spawn and get -_- done." Just saying... :hmm:

#153 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

I think there are more Deviruchis on the TI map than Kobolds.

I wonder which is the problem on making the spawns 2x or 3x all the ones on the original map the TI monsters come [This including the monsters not on killcount, like "the other bio2 spawns, excluding MVP (Hell, even the hidden Eremes could come)"] THEN add the extras... Always 1 or 2 demon/insect/boss types.

Even if the killcounts are only blue/red dimik or whatever, if all dimiks were on the map, the exp would be still good.

#154 Bunni1337

Bunni1337

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

The problem with the 135-150 one is that it's entirely unrewarding, down to a bad spawn if people were gonna try training there instead of doing the turn-in and logging off.
Bio2 doesn't work with only two monsters for the 135-150 range. It belongs (and fits rather nicely) in the 125-140 one with two monsters, however.

It's go big (all of them) or go away (different TI entirely) as far as Bio2, and heck, even Bio3 are concerned. Bio3 would be too hard for next-to-no payout unless it had all 6. At the same time, few people genuinely want the turn-in back at Gramps (so many of the posts were just asking for it back so they wouldn't have to do an entrance quest to finish it, it's not like Bio3 would EVER have upped spawn due to it's difficulty so wanting it as a TI just to finish ones they accepted way back when).

We didn't get what we asked for whatsoever. I don't think this is going to change. If there was a restriction that prevents more than two monsters for a turn-in and that's why we got what we did this week, that should have been said to us beforehand, but I don't think such a restriction exists.
The best we can do is just hope Heim fixes the spawns for each range, I suppose.

Well said, i can only quote that.

Agreed.

#155 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

The 10 box is only for this week. 70% discount should not be a permanet available item, yes the 5x was that way and it shouldn't have been.

So not only are the 10 boxes at 210 KP not permanent but the 5x Boxes are going to be going up to 150 KP since the price on them has been wrong.

And here I always thought the price was higher then they should have been since the 10x HD ores are only 100KP. I guess since we use more & buy more of the Enriched it only makes sense that we should pay more for them though.

You could at least leave the 10x Enriched in though permanently either way & it wouldn't hurt to give us a slight discount off the 300KP price to maybe 250KP.

I really wish you would permanently add a 50x box of Enriched.

#156 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

Seriously, can you guys double the exp turn out for the 135-150 turn in? 34mil (with a 3x) is horrible. Either that or change the TI to scaraba.
Really, it takes over 50million experience at 140+ to get a level; at job 40, the exp is even higher. I remember when TIs gave between 50~70mil experience at this range.
So yeah..double experience it please or switch the mobs to scaraba so we can have good party exp, too.

Also yeah, next time please inform us that there is a 2 monster cap..
Don't know who in their right mind would want 2 bio2s > 2 scarabs.

#157 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

Seriously, can you guys double the exp turn out for the 135-150 turn in? 34mil (with a 3x) is horrible. Either that or change the TI to scaraba.
Really, it takes over 50million experience at 140+ to get a level; at job 40, the exp is even higher. I remember when TIs gave between 50~70mil experience at this range.
So yeah..double experience it please or switch the mobs to scaraba so we can have good party exp, too.

Also yeah, next time please inform us that there is a 2 monster cap..
Don't know who in their right mind would want 2 bio2s > 2 scarabs.

Or atleast add another one from the mob to the TI, maybe Egnigem Cenia.
Non-VIP can take 2 at once, but will need to come back for the third, while VIPs can take all three at once. Then the gramps reward exp would be reasonable for the 135-150 tier.

#158 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

Anyone think that they purposely made the TI's suck? kinda like a message saying: "Hey, stop relying on TI for exp and go to the maps where the monsters actually spawn and get -_- done." Just saying... :hmm:

One word : "Trolled" >.>

#159 PearI

PearI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:25 AM

Level 149, not going to do the Bio2 TI again. Too many filler mobs, infinite flinching and takes 2 hours to finish. Not only was the mora spiders one only took one hour (with lousy bitfrost map at that), it also gives a lot more exp. When I saw the exp I get from BMX3 with this Bio TI, it's just a total waste of time, effort and BM >_>

I hope you guys will stop trying to "improve/fix" something that isn't broken in the first place.

#160 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:35 AM

I know I for one am not pleased with the pick for 90-110 as I previously said also but there really is no point in the continued complaining about everything. It's not like they are going to do another maintenance & make all these changes.

The one thing it sounds like they may hopefully do is increase the spawn rate.

Like Rails said though there were people that were suggesting these monsters & areas. I think they should have looked at the maps to see the spawn rates & what else was on there before requesting them personally.

Now I haven't gone back through the complete thread again & I don't have every location & monster memorized so I may be wrong if these were not suggested by anyone please feel free to correct me but from what I understand they just gave us what we ourselves asked for. We don't get to decide how much Exp we earn though. That's always been up to the GM's :o

#161 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

They never gave us what we asked for in that topic.
People were very expressive in all 6 Bio2 monsters. We got 2 of them at low spawn-rates.
People were very expressive in all 4 Dimiks. We got 2 of them at low spawn-rates.
People were very expressive in all 3 Kobolds. We got 2 at incredibly low spawn-rates.

How does that equate to what we asked for? It doesn't. This has been brought up already numerous times, people keep saying we got what we asked for when that's rather far from the truth.
If we couldn't have multiple monsters I really wish we would have been told so, seeing as Dimiks would only be good for 115-130 if it was all 4 and Bio2 would only be good with all 6. Otherwise we would have said things like Scarabs or something.

#162 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

If you look at the majority of the posts, all they said were "BIO 2" and "Dimiks". Also, the last time we even had more than 2 monsters was half a year ago. The turn in system has changed and you can't expect them to make something the same as it was before. There were no special turn in instances at the time, non-VIPs can grab all at once, only VIPs had warp, reset system was different, mobs were the actual mobs in the map and not GM defined.

#163 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

It was changed and it could easily be unchanged. Again, we were never told we could not have multiple monsters. It wouldn't be wise to assume we can't.
And I think it's pretty obvious people only wanted all of the monsters, seeing as 6 of the posts specified as far as Bio2 went.

Turn-in instances and mobs don't matter to it, same with the VIP warp. None of that has to do with accepting quests. The non-VIP can only grab [x] number of quests could easily be edited for such a week.

#164 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

Why would they change the system just for you for one week? I'm sure there are more factors involved than just "a few simple changes"... last time they changed the tatachos turn in there were a couple annoying bugs that came up.

Anyway, I kind of wanted incarnations for 135-150 just because it would seem like it'd be interesting. Interesting loots too. The bio 2 turn in is pretty discouraging but I'm already seeing 99M Rogue's Treasures so that's definitely nice. Haven't tried the 90-110 turn in yet but if the spawn really is that bad, hopefully it's fixed when the GMs review it.

Bio 3 would have been interesting too, but definitely only worth doing if everyone can grab 6. Also some advanced notice might have been good too, so we could try to get our characters as close to 0% base / 0% job as possible.

#165 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

What do you mean "just for me"? What do you mean changing a system? It'd be as simple as removing the few lines of code that prevent non-VIPs from picking up more than [x] amount, or something. Were we told we can't have more than 2 monsters? No? Then there's no reason to assume we can't.

Rogue Treasures were periodically 99m before this event, though I think that was more desperate people as opposed to them actually being worth that.
Still too soon to call their prices, I think. If we do get a spawn up for these TIs, I believe they'll drop in price, otherwise, not really.

Edited by MrTyranitar, 03 May 2012 - 06:03 AM.

#166 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

Haven't done any of the TIs thus far, seeing people's unhappy posts here. Is there any word on when they might do the re-evaluation of the maps? Hopefully by the time I get back home, I open the client and see it patch, indicating something happened =P

#167 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

Yesterday heim said "tomorrow", which I am assuming means today.
Which is about as vague as it sounds as 11:59pm tonight technically qualifies under that and the spawns haven't been fixed yet.

#168 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

They never gave us what we asked for in that topic.
People were very expressive in all 6 Bio2 monsters. We got 2 of them at low spawn-rates.
People were very expressive in all 4 Dimiks. We got 2 of them at low spawn-rates.
People were very expressive in all 3 Kobolds. We got 2 at incredibly low spawn-rates.

How does that equate to what we asked for? It doesn't. This has been brought up already numerous times, people keep saying we got what we asked for when that's rather far from the truth.
If we couldn't have multiple monsters I really wish we would have been told so, seeing as Dimiks would only be good for 115-130 if it was all 4 and Bio2 would only be good with all 6. Otherwise we would have said things like Scarabs or something.

Exactly!

#169 XsinX

XsinX

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

It makes more sense that the TI level range for Rachel and Bio2 should be 105 - 120 and 125 - 140 respectively. Also, It would be nice if Heim can increase the monsters. I just started to play RO again and need some catching up to do :D

#170 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

[mod]<Oda: This is a forum for Gravity games, please do not advertise for competing services.>[/mod] :D

#171 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hmm, wanted to test one of the non-midlevel TIs.....did the high end one today. It was....."interesting," which is to say it was not very good. For the amount of time spent, the amount of EXP given isn't that great. Granted, it isn't a completely horrible TI, but it's meh. Along the lines of "if I got time to do it, maybe, but otherwise nah."

I wish they'd bring the TIs back to being more simple: they just used existing maps, upped spawn on said maps, and Gramps would warp you in. Rather than "hey, let's select a mishmash of monsters plus the target TI monsters and decide on which map to stick them all on." Seems like doing it this way is more effort, but oh wellz /shrug

#172 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

Yes but whats logical seems illogical for gravity. People were so happy with the vanberk and isilia turn in. It was challenging and worth the time doing but now its easy with garbage experience. It just isnt logical. This weeks turn-in was intended to give people what they want when there isnt one person who enjoys it. Come on give us double exp or double the spawn or remove to 3hr cooldown for this week. This is rediculous.

#173 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:55 AM

get rid of the turn ins then we won't have to listen to ppl complain non stop about them!

#174 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

Hmm, wanted to test one of the non-midlevel TIs.....did the high end one today. It was....."interesting," which is to say it was not very good. For the amount of time spent, the amount of EXP given isn't that great. Granted, it isn't a completely horrible TI, but it's meh. Along the lines of "if I got time to do it, maybe, but otherwise nah."

I wish they'd bring the TIs back to being more simple: they just used existing maps, upped spawn on said maps, and Gramps would warp you in. Rather than "hey, let's select a mishmash of monsters plus the target TI monsters and decide on which map to stick them all on." Seems like doing it this way is more effort, but oh wellz /shrug

Having the TIs on the existing maps had people complaining about killstealing, and people who normally level on those maps complaining about getting squeezed out during the events not to mention that many of the maps were too large for even increased spawns to make a difference.

#175 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

Any word on if the spawn is going to get fixed or not, Oda? Should have happened yesterday Heim said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users