• Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

here is a solution maybe that has some justice
1) ban accounts for 1 month (1st time)
2) ban accounts for 6 month (2nd time)
3) ban accounts FOREVER (3rd time)
AYYILDIZ CLAN

So you can bot yourself to 220, wait a month and continue where you left? You wont be given a change!

bot=ban=please stay away, your not welcome

You will get a second change: you can start from scratch, lvl 1, 0 zulie, no items... no exceptions, botting = not cool, ruins the game!

#27 seafire

seafire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTurkei

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

if thats ur wish i m gonna look everywhere on rose for botters and gonna record it..so i will send it to GM..whether being on pc and whether u can reply u can use botters at least for looting..so if u loot with bot i can prove it no worry

and just for your info i m trying to make this topic to be understand by the others that this is a game...and 1 month or 6 month ban can make players stay out of using 3dr hand programs..

#28 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Technically you start with 200 Zulie all the time and you can easily get 700ish Zulie from Gray.

#29 seafire

seafire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTurkei

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

and what about trade and shout tabs...all the vendors use bot programs to spam their message.. why gm's dont ban them.. nobody can tell that they write those sentences again and again.........if botter are banning ban them also..what is the difference?

#30 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

baning forever is like putting a bread thief to a life sentence like a murderer..

I hardly think the sentence for stealing a loaf of bread is in anyway related to the catagory of murder =.=

And we're talking about a Game here guys not real life, stop comparing real life issues with in game issues.

The whole point of "banning" forever would prob be to make a point...

If its changed now, then what will those who have been banned in the past for botting come back and say?
"You let him off, why cant you let me off too?"

From past experiences:

Changing a Perm ban to a temp ban isnt as simple as that, it opens up a huge doorway and loophole to those who have botted / plan on botting or are interested in it...

Suggestion:
Keep it the way it is
U bot U banned

#31 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

and what about trade and shout tabs...all the vendors use bot programs to spam their message.. why gm's dont ban them.. nobody can tell that they write those sentences again and again.........if botter are banning ban them also..what is the difference?

Those types of scripts are "allowed" as they do not affect the game play from my understanding...

Any "bot" that does the work of a person that affects the game play is what is not allowed.... such as:

Auto attack
Auto craft
Auto heal
etc...

I don't use any bots whatsoever, it is just my understanding that those shout and trade bots/scripts are actually allowed...

Personally... I think anything used outside the current design of rose should be banable... If you need an outside program to do the function... it should be banable... that is my opinion...

As for a permanent ban... it is only the account that is banned... not your IP address so be happy that you can start over if rose is really the game you want to play or be part of... if you think rose is that bad of a game... go find another one to play... I have gone to quite a fw other games and I keep coming back to rose...

#32 KillerJohn50

KillerJohn50

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

Those types of scripts are "allowed" as they do not affect the game play from my understanding...

actually I think its not allowed my friend was doing shouts and was messaged by a GM saying to stop or he would ban him.

#33 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Anything that would repeat an action would be considered a bot.

So your keyboard, your mouse, a program and a script would all possibly be considered a bot. As many keyboard allow for repeating keystrokes.

Here is the catch, we allow players to use macros to automate things that are not game play related, but you HAVE TO be there so when we do message you, you do respond.
I have warned/kicked/suspended plenty of people that just set it up and walk away. The moment you walk away, you are botting.
This is an MMO, ie you need to be social to some regards, and you need to be around to socialize with players and with our staff if they are checking in on you.

The only time we have ALLOWED for players to use keyboards with auto kill strokes is when crafting tasks tend to be cumbersome for potion crafting.
Rule of thumb, play the game, if you walk away from your keyboard then the key strokes better stop, Your computer can not play the game for you, this should be common sense.

#34 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

The only time we have ALLOWED for players to use keyboards with auto kill strokes is when crafting tasks tend to be cumbersome for potion crafting.

Still haven't managed to set up a way to craft many Potions at one time? That would really help many players and then there would also be no need to accept any botting...

#35 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

:p_hi: if your happy :p_hi: and you know :p_hi: :you clap your :p_hi: hands... :p_hi:

Edited by kumpiakot, 07 May 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#36 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

I'm playing NArose since it's started. I played with almost every character in this game. In my opinion using bot is an innocent act and should be legal because pressing function keys again and again for hours is bloody boring (people play this game for having fun). A bot is used for lvling or farming, there is nothing wrong in this. For example nobody buys nothing for a lvl 7x noob char, people shop for their max lvl pro chars ergo letting people max their lvls easily will be beneficial for both sides. These people did nothing wrong, they didn't dupe or hack the server for money or items. They are just trying to have fun. Just let people have fun.

Regards
Akincilar Clan

It's not fair to all the hundreds of players before you who had to earn their way up the hard way, for new people to come in an bot there way up with no effort. Sure it's hard work but tough noogies - actually it's easy to level up now a days. It used to several months to level up to max level, now with newer easy leveling and aids you can level up to max in couple weeks or much less.

Botting is not inocent, it's cheating and always has been. Now suck it up and grow a pair and play the game for yourself.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 07 May 2012 - 04:28 PM.

#37 MrFantasmo

MrFantasmo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 631 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

It's not fair to all the hundreds of players before you who had to earn their way up the hard way, for new people to come in an bot there way up with no effort. Sure it's hard work but tough noogies - actually it's easy to level up now a days. It used to several months to level up to max level, now with newer easy leveling and aids you can level up to max in couple weeks or much less.

Botting is not inocent, it's cheating and always has been. Now suck it up and grow a pair and play the game for yourself.

I agree, it took me over 6 months to max my first char

#38 nikst3r

nikst3r

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationIn my bed

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

if thats ur wish i m gonna look everywhere on rose for botters and gonna record it..so i will send it to GM..whether being on pc and whether u can reply u can use botters at least for looting..so if u loot with bot i can prove it no worry

3dr hand programs..

You do that OR,

you could actually come and play with us...

(do you seriously think its fair to bot your char to max lvl, get a 1 month ban, get back and continue where you left?)

and just for your info i m trying to make this topic to be understand by the others that this is a game...and 1 month or 6 month ban can make players stay out of using 3dr hand programs..

You are right, this is a game, with actual rules, no botting is one of them. And if someone uses a botting program their probably not capable of playing "normaly" anyway. I would rather play alone than with these robots... And like calanor said: you can use bots but you need to be there to answer, what more do you need ?

...we allow players to use macros to automate things that are not game play related, but you HAVE TO be there so when we do message you, you do respond...

imo Rose loses more players than it gains by botting.. o wait, they weren't even there anyway..

Edited by nikst3r, 08 May 2012 - 02:20 AM.

#39 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

I agree that people who use bots need to be punished, ofcourse I do, otherwise people can whatever they want whenever they want and that never works.
But believe it or not, some people actually don't know that bots are illegal, I know how that sounds but it's true. I know it's simple logic but let's just keep that aside.
I mean after all it's still a game, you can't compare this to being on trial in real life like someone above me did. there's a big difference to being on trial for murder or stealing something, being caught using a bot.. as for the ban, people using bots should be banned but not a life-time ban for a first offense. If someone would use a bot more than once or gets caught repeatable times, then sure a life time ban is appropriate. I agree with seafire, you can ban someone for life if they hack someone and steal his stuff, but for using a bot once is a bit harsh don't you think ?

#40 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

A big issue I've heard is some people 'let their kids/brothers/sisters/whoever' play their characters, while its nice to let them play for you teach them how to use the chats so when they do get asked to answer a GM/CM they can an do.

Another thing is banning on the first shot, is it fair probably not. I knowing people just say screw reading the Terms of Service for accounts so they wouldn't see that, maybe they should post not to use bots or scripts with in game announcements, maybe like some have said 1st time is a warning and a note added to the account, 2nd is a longer ban, 3rd is final each time the account gets a note added till its done. In the end this is Corvus's choice and his teams.

#41 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

someone who use third party programs damaged the game alrdy so much, that there is NO other way than a permanent bann!!!

and someone who uses third party programs dont know the sense of this game anyways, and it seems to be too hard for this stupid person, to survive without third party program.

so this game is not right for this person anyways!

#42 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

I have a better idea zurn, instead of just posting it on forums and such, make it so that people have to tead the Terms Of Agreement before they start playing, or atleast the absolute rules, coz as I have experiences some rules on Rose can be bend a little for some, no idea why but it seems so.
mostly because some people don't read or even use forums.
And mr TankJr that's a little harsh don't you think ? it's stupid to use a bot, but calling a person stupid is a bit too much, don't act like you never done something illegal, everyone has done something illegal in their life, being it a minor or major offense, everyone has done it. so calling someone else stupid for a minor offense makes you a hypocrit. no offense but it does.

#43 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

I'm sorry I misread that, but ingame announcements would be good, combined with the must read turns of agreement they can't miss it. if they still use bots after that they can be banned for life for all I care. coz then u read it, so everyone then knows it's illegal, so you do it knowing the consequenses

#44 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

i would give third partys program users way other names than stupid, if those words would not get deleted!

those players have nothing todo in this game!!!

they lost their rights and should get banned immediatly, even with a new account!

#45 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

That makes you a hypocrite sir, I don't feel like arguing with you on this but you are a hypocrite.
You can't call others stupid for doing something everyone has done even once in their lifetime.
I'm not talking about using bots alone, but by doing something illegal in general.
By your logic you are stupid too. so in a way you are calling yourself stupid sir, you might want to rethink what you want to say before you say it. ^^

#46 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

It is required for you to 'read' the Terms of Service after each maintenance most people just scroll through it like its not there. There is close to nothing that can make people read them, in game announcements would only work if they looked at them or were actually there to see them.

#47 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

Well I have a solution for that too, or rather a suggestion, for starters a GM can pretty much do anything right. What if they make some announcement saying: Using bots in any way is illegal (or something like that) appear in the middle of the screen like every 15 to 30 minutes. which is kinda hard to ignore, and maybe put it in a message on the launcher or something. kinda hard to ignore that, that way everyone is aware of it. and if people still use bots they do it knowingly.

#48 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

Well I have a solution for that too, or rather a suggestion, for starters a GM can pretty much do anything right. What if they make some announcement saying: Using bots in any way is illegal (or something like that) appear in the middle of the screen like every 15 to 30 minutes. which is kinda hard to ignore, and maybe put it in a message on the launcher or something. kinda hard to ignore that, that way everyone is aware of it. and if people still use bots they do it knowingly.

That wouldn't be the GMs that make a window show up, and while that might work it would be dual edged sword, not everyone wants to see that show up. Idk about you but when I patch I'm not watching the launcher, when I open the launcher to play I can instantly hit enter (after like 2 seconds) and skip looking at it (it's faster the clicking start). A lot do use them knowingly as well, there's a bunch on my ignore list that spam a certain K bot that spams chat while in use and I believe it warns you before downloading about that.

#49 Crow92

Crow92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

Well yeah ofcourse but it's not really important who actually makes it pop up, as long as it does right, after all it was just a suggestion, I certainly don't know how all that works lol. But yeah I guess you're right, no one really looks at the launcher, especially if u can skip looking at it with just pressing enter 2 seconds after it pops up. (Which I didn't know actually. o.o) so I guess that's no good.. Yeah I have the same, although I can't block anyone for some reason, or add someone as a friend for that matter.

#50 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

Well yeah ofcourse but it's not really important who actually makes it pop up, as long as it does right, after all it was just a suggestion, I certainly don't know how all that works lol. But yeah I guess you're right, no one really looks at the launcher, especially if u can skip looking at it with just pressing enter 2 seconds after it pops up. (Which I didn't know actually. o.o) so I guess that's no good.. Yeah I have the same, although I can't block anyone for some reason, or add someone as a friend for that matter.

In a way it is but not for adding it ;)

Just select the launcher an while it's maximizing hitting enter is basically pressing start, at least for me.

The friends list is temporarily down to get fixed and possibly upgraded, for the ignoring try deleting old ignored players, my list last I counted was around 700~800 names.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users