Problems with homunculi besides vanilmirth and filir - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Problems with homunculi besides vanilmirth and filir

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lillytopbottom

Lillytopbottom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

So.... I've been reading the forums lately.... I see that now, lif is useless due to the huge cast delay of mental charge, amistr's blood frenzy has also become useless for the same reason. The Matk formula has changed that makes Lif's mental charge a piece of trash. We should really be concerned about this because going around Ant Hell, the only homunculi I saw were vanilmirths and filirs, which is pretty disturbing. I would have had a lif if mental charge was not ruined..... This really needs to be changed, because a world with only vanilmirths and filirs is extremely boring.

Thus, I think we need to petition to change the cast times of those two skills, AND to change the matk formula for homunculi. I mean, Homunculi are exempt from the exp formula that scaled for levels, at 57 I recieve 62 exp from eggs, while my vanilmirth still receives the full Jexp from eggs. Also, the flee of homunculi is different than it is for actual players. Atk is even different as well! I am posting this here instead of in the suggestions, because I need some information first, because I intend to voice my opinion about these problems.

P.S
We all already know that a certain two filir skills no longer work, and please, don't post about it in here. We've all come to terms with this fact, hopefully.

Edited by Lillytopbottom, 08 May 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#2 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

By end game, you won't have Vanilmirth and Filir anyway.

So really, what decides your beginning Homunculus is just what Homunculus S you want.

In which case, the Homunculus S are actually quite balanced almost.

The only one that seems to get the short end of the stick is the Derpy Unicorn, Beyeri. And even then, I see people with him because they chose him for his looks.

#3 Lillytopbottom

Lillytopbottom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

I see, that is true... It'll probably be a waste of typing to voice an opinion about it.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

Mental charge got hit pretty heavy with the nerf stick - it's worth noting though that on a Homunculus S, it will increase damage of magic attacks, so that's something.

It seems though that it doesn't work with normal attacks, which is really unfortunate. It's not the matk formula change - I tested it under extreme conditions, it doesn't change normal attack damage. At all.

Bloodlust (not Blood Frenzy, this is iRO) has an obnoxiously long cycle time, but the average attack gain from it is comparable to Flitting (ie, % increase times duty cycle), and you can get really sexy damage numbers with bloodlust and homun S skills.

#5 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

The thing is, With Homunculus S, Amistr actually isn't a bad pick anymore.

Had this be pre-renewal, then yes, Amistr and Lif were of very low population. There are plenty of people now that went Amistr > Dieter. So in fact, Amistr's population has actually increased.

Filirs and Vanilmirths are still high in popularity due to actually being able to level, but either way, Amistr's just level slower and as long as you use speed potions while AFKing, its comparable to Vani's and Filirs by at least a little bit.

Amistrs and Lifs are the only 1st class Homunculus that have loyal skills that don't reduce Intamacy also.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 08 May 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

Lifs do get shafted though - I can't argue with that. Healing hands is crappier than chaotic blessings - AND it costs a slim potion to use?! UE is totally obsoleted by genetic cart boost... so they're left with only 2 useful skills, one of which is pretty limited (MC) and the other is passive.

The correct fix is not to change the delay on mental charge, but to have it increase normal attack damage like it used to.

Compare to Amistr, just by numbers of useful skills - All Ami skills are useful in some way, though none are "outstanding", all vani and filir skills are likewise useful (caprice and moonlight in particular) except for their loyalty skills on non-Eira's.

Lif needs UE to do something that cart boost doesn't, and MC to do something for homun S without magic attacks.

Lif is the one with a problem; there's no issue with amistr's overall power.

#7 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

I suspect the biggest problem with that, has to do with the fact that all the Homunculus were made such a long time ago. that all the new content made them obsolete. Think of slotted Shoes/Boots and Slotted Mufflers/Manteaus.

Biochemist didn't have a Cart boost, Mental Charge actually was good back then.

Throw in 3rd classes and new equpiment into the mix. And its no wonder Homunculus S got invented. Homunculus S was a needed addition to make Homunculus relevant with Renewal changes.

Personally, I believe the kRO dev team was thinking that since with Homunculus S ment to "replace" the regular Homunculus. Any shortcomings the 1st class Homunculus may have, would easily be over-looked for the fact that, you were wanting to level to 3rd class as fast as possible so you could evove your Homunculus to Homunculus S.

Although they never did fix the horrible Intamacy issue and leveling issue. Thus, here we are, STILL AFKing and needing over 900 feedings to get to loyal. Not to mention that fly wing/teleport leveling has always been common, thus, constantly reseting the hunger timer meaning you're feeding your Homunculus even less with the lowered exp and less grindy aspect of Renewal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users