So many choices.. which homun to choose and why? - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

So many choices.. which homun to choose and why?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

I went for the lil sheep due for now since its very defensive and I like a good tank.
But my end goal will be MVP, not PVP.

Is this a good choice? And what Homunculus S should I turn it into?
I've no experience with Homunculus and information is somewhat scattered all over the place x:

If I want a mob tank, a MVP tank who can still deal out the pain (heard of some homuns soloing the lower level MVPs?) - which should I aim for?
Also, can I evolve my basic homunculus (to its 2nd form, not Homun S) before it reaches lv 99 ?

Edited by Kalandros, 08 May 2012 - 10:52 PM.

#2 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

Yes you can change to 2nd form at any lvl you like. And either go dieter or sera for your homunc s both have pros and cons depends what you like tbh both at high lvls should keep a low MVP busy for you to get at least 2 bombs off minimum before a wing and aid pot.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

Eleanor for PVP using homun to kill and assist killing
Dieter for WoE or maybe MVP. Easy to level too (good in PVP/WoE for ash and the buffs that help owner)
Sera for MVP or maybe WoE (This one is all about painkiller, the mist helps w/leveling though)
Eira for WoE (Boost for emp breaking, Flee, and farming loyalty (optionally to fuel vani bomb or SBR44)). Really all about the boost - also lets you afk overnight, since you can just farm the loyalty back with boost. The other skills aren't that hot though - ray of regen is crap (it uses the loyalty when cast, not when it resses you, so you can't keep it up while afk or something)
Bayeri.... not really sure what these are good for - some very interesting skills, but very frustrating limitations.

#4 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

Dieter for WoE or maybe MVP. Easy to level too (good in PVP/WoE for ash and the buffs that help owner)
Sera for MVP or maybe WoE (This one is all about painkiller, the mist helps w/leveling though)
Eira for WoE (Boost for emp breaking, Flee, and farming loyalty (optionally to fuel vani bomb or SBR44)). Really all about the boost - also lets you afk overnight, since you can just farm the loyalty back with boost. The other skills aren't that hot though - ray of regen is crap (it uses the loyalty when cast, not when it resses you, so you can't keep it up while afk or something)
Bayeri.... not really sure what these are good for - some very interesting skills, but very frustrating limitations.

Also Realised Light Of Regeneration (Eira Skill) Can also res you in pvp. Which can be useful in some ways :P

#5 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hmm, I wonder if I want Eleanor or Dieter now, don't really like the big bee even if her skills can be useful D:
Amistr -> Eleanor will have Bulwark and Blood Lust which seems like a good thing for Eleanor to have.

Eira looks great but I'm not sure on its skills O:

Dieter would be great due to AoE, since Amistr and Eleanor have no AoEs~

Edited by Kalandros, 11 May 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#6 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

The thing about Amistr > Dieter evolution is that you just need to put up with the horrible Dieter begining leveling. You take a shot to your ASPD and still no long range attack or AoE. Getting Amistr to level 99 isn't the problem. It's just the beginning Dieter levels are just somewhat painful.

It just ends up paying off in when Dieter finally gets his AoEs and then you end up with a Tank Homunculus with very high HP.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

The thing about Amistr > Dieter evolution is that you just need to put up with the horrible Dieter begining leveling. You take a shot to your ASPD and still no long range attack or AoE. Getting Amistr to level 99 isn't the problem. It's just the beginning Dieter levels are just somewhat painful.

It just ends up paying off in when Dieter finally gets his AoEs and then you end up with a Tank Homunculus with very high HP.

The problem with Ami -> Dieter is that they hit the HP cap. I think even vani->dieters will hit it or get close to it by 150.

#8 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

Does Vani make the best Sera?
Also ridiculous that they use signed 16bit int for HP.

Edited by olbaid, 11 May 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#9 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

The problem with Ami -> Dieter is that they hit the HP cap. I think even vani->dieters will hit it or get close to it by 150.

o: Then what should I change my Amistr to?~ Once I've gotten Blood Lust that is ~_~
Leveling isn't too long with 2x exp - its the loyalty to 910+ that takes forever.. x:

#10 Ey0302

Ey0302

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

I wanted to find out if the blind curse caused by Sera's Poison Mist is useful at WOE.

#11 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

Might as well update, my Amistr is now 600/1000 (and not mistakenly 60/1000 I swear!) and Lv 93
Got my Stone of Sage waiting and still got another hellish Feeding to Loyal before deciding but I'm leaning toward Dieter. If Eleanor had an AoE I'd have picked her though x:

#12 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:00 AM

If you want PVM, I'd suggest Dieter or Sera.

If YOU want to tank the monsters and kill them, go Sera

if you want your homunculus to tank and kill, go Dieter.

Dieter's magma flow is amazing for clearing mobs, no questions asked. I actually rely on my dieter to level at high end maps like scarabs and mora. It saves me so many pots and helps me kill so much faster. You can also solo Nogg road 2 on next to no resources with magma flow.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 21 May 2012 - 06:03 AM.

#13 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

So basically go Dietr to level up and if and when we get another Homunculus reset event - try out which one I like best at lv 150 if I'm tired on my Dietr? o;

#14 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

There will likely not be another homun reset event - and homun reset event we had only effected loyalty (there's no facility for the GMs to level up the homun except by letting the homun kill something, see...). It was a one-time thing to correct a bug that left pre-renewal evolved homuns with gimped hp/sp.

Edited by DrAzzy, 21 May 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#15 DatchaRO

DatchaRO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNear Detroit,MI
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:NightFlyte/Lum/Elwing

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

kinda too bad. really need an occasional loyalty reset/boost event or quest of some sort..somehow.
Way too mismatched base levels/intamacy levels.
Still working on/waiting for first evolve for my Lif...
For my Amistr was thinking same thing...Dieter or Sera. I solo way too much...
Am I right in thinking that for a battle-ish genetic...that Sera would also give better chance against low-mid MVPs too?
Love the thought of the sexy numbers Dieter does to mobs + with the low base attack from Amistr am thinking going Sera
might be a bit low damage-wise for being real effective...(longer battles). dunno.

#16 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

Ami->Sera would be painful to level. Very painful. Needle sucks for general use because of the slow cast and high SP cost - and Mist you don't get until 116.

Actually, Ami->Elly would also be really painful, because no attack skills except sonic claw, but even a vani-> elly doesn't have the SP pool to use sonic claw much.

Edited by DrAzzy, 21 May 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#17 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

What's useful in MvP; Painkiller or Pyroclastic? Because I made an Amistr>Dieter but everybody says Sera is better for mvping than Dieter. I don't want to get another homun to loyal TWICE! But.. did I choose right? >.<
I'm complaining that Dieter is too hard to lvl from 99 to 109 (when he gets Lava Slide), but Sera gets her AoE skill at 116 o.o

#18 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

I think Sera is better for MVP but Dieter is still pretty fine. Extra damage to cart cannon or acid bomb is always nice. Dieter is also just a better leveling and all-around homunculus. Oh, and Volcanic Ash works on MVPs.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 21 May 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#19 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

It depends what you need!

Do you need better tanking of the mob (with -800 damage)? Or do you need +200 atk to do more damage and 10% damage reduction from Dieter?

Also huuhwhaaa? Ash works on MVPs? That's epic. Does it make their skills fail?

Edited by DrAzzy, 21 May 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#20 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:17 AM

Ok, put it this way...

we were bloody branching at morocc, and summoned Gloom Under Night. Knowing I couldn't hurt it, I quickly threw down Volcanic ash just as it spawned and ran, only to realize soon after that it was mob-bugged by Volcanic ash. It just stopped moving, stopped using skills, and did nothing but stand there and let us kill it. Everyone literally just sat down and camped out while the ranger and RK had their fun.

This is certainly an issue that needs to be fixed, but it sure is amusing. The same thing happened to Evil Snake Lord at our last E.T. run, and Ktullanux from the BB party before that. Now I just make sure to try to throw down volcanic ash whenever we MVP. The MS Sura never really cares about Ash status.

My theory is that the AoE of volcanic ash works a bit like Sorcerer's Blinding Mist. Enemies who try to pass through from one corner to the other seem to lose sight of their target, except in VA's case, it bugs them and stops them from reacting to anything. Either that, or it cancels their attempt to summon a mob, which crashes the monster AI?

Everyone in the party pretty much agreed that it was the stupidest thing we'd ever seen, lol.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 22 May 2012 - 07:08 AM.

#21 Phaggot

Phaggot

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:29 AM

Before I decided to post this I've read tons of threads about the new homunculus s system and which homun is now considered 'the best'.
However people recommend Vanil -> Dieter for PVP/WOE purposes. But isn't caprice useless later on? Wouldn't amistr > dieter be the better endgame homun?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users