Mado Gear License/Remodel Mainframe without Mado Gear on? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Mado Gear License/Remodel Mainframe without Mado Gear on?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

Mech: Do the skills Mado Gear License and Remodel Mainframe work without Mado Gear on? I read in some site that they did, so I was considering adding some of that to my Axe Mechanic.

Performer: Is Siren's Voice any good in PvM? If not, what other skills are welcomed in parties besides Strings, Wargs and maybe Windmill Rush? Answered. <3

Edited by Mowi, 14 May 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#2 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

Mech: Do the skills Mado Gear License and Remodel Mainframe work without Mado Gear on? I read in some site that they did, so I was considering adding some of that to my Axe Mechanic.

Performer: Is Siren's Voice any good in PvM? If not, what other skills are welcomed in parties besides Strings, Wargs and maybe Windmill Rush?

Mech: I cannot personally confirm or deny because I switched to a mado build shortly after I had some job points after Axe Tornado Build so I can't help you with that unfortunately. D: I think i just increases with the Mado on. Protip for Mech: If you can get around 25 job levels and have some zeny, switch over to Mado mech build and start tearing everything down with arm cannon. Reason why I say zeny is because Magic Gear Fuel and Iron Cannon Balls can get pretty expensive when it adds up, so I hope you manage to get some zeny in the 10 millions or more for that :(

Performer: Siren's voice has saved my rear SO MANY TIMES in PVM. If you have decent gears and a party that will actually keep monsters aggro on them... you can gear up for Severe Rainstorm, but Gypsy's Kiss is still pretty welcomed to save ABs on SP for healing, same applies for anything else! :D Swing Dance is welcomed too though for those aspd freaks...

Edited by Senkasa, 14 May 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#3 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

Thanks for your answer! I guess I'm getting Siren's Voice then like I planned.

This is where I read the thing about Mado Gear License: http://www.valkplaye...om/?page_id=402

I hope the link is allowed, but just in case here's the text:

There IS a bit of info not a lot of folks know about and that’s the madogear license and remodel mainframe. Both are passive mechanic skills that still apply even when you are OFF the madogear. That means you get a fixed 15 hard def and a +75 atk in addition to +50 atk from axe mastery. While I believe the ATK is a mastery type attack (ie. fixed amount added to the end), it is a nice bonus to have just to give you that extra edge.

Another thing is that iRO Wiki says it is a mastery type skill, and their stat calculator will increase the damage for skills like HSCR with the Mado Gear License buff added.

#4 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

Interesting... He could be right because I don't know that small bit of info as well. I'd still suggest switching to a MadoGear build later on when you have 25-30 skill points as it's pretty miserable to level with axe tornado alone... even with a +12 axe you hardly get much of a damage increase because of the way the formula is written for the skill D:

But I'm glad I could help with general knowledge!

If you ever do a MadoGear build remember that Arm Cannon IGNORES flee so you'll be fine with a bit of low dex on that but if you want stuff like Ice Launcher then that's dependant on your hit rate as well.

I wish you luck on your build, don't get too burned out by Axing everything to death :D

#5 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

I think Budd said on one of his Mechanic guides that Remodel Mainframe + Mado Gear License WORKS even without Mado Gear on. Not really a big deal if you don't have them. They are mastery skills and really just add some mastery stats that aren't exactly noticeable.

#6 Fluffyninja

Fluffyninja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

Not sure about Madogear License, but you do get the bonus from Remodel Main Frame without wearing Madogear. Or at least, the def didnt change when I switch madogear on and off.

#7 ghost1e

ghost1e

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Mado Gear License and Remodel Mainframe works without Madogear on.

#8 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

I think Budd said on one of his Mechanic guides that Remodel Mainframe + Mado Gear License WORKS even without Mado Gear on. Not really a big deal if you don't have them. They are mastery skills and really just add some mastery stats that aren't exactly noticeable.

I'll have to test it in game.

In the iRO Wiki Stat Calculator, it added about 8% more to my HSCR damage, setting it to a +9 [Zipper Bear] Giant Axe, 100 Str/Dex, and all smith buffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users