Stats for an AS Ranger Edit: Hybrid Ranger now :P - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Stats for an AS Ranger Edit: Hybrid Ranger now :P

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

Hello Guys,
I have just transsed my hunter. Was wondering, what stats I should get if I prefer to solo/party those TIs.

Equips I plan to use are :-
WW Set
Elven Bow/Arrow
+9 RWH

I have been told to get high Dex.
And shall I go AGI?
Int for SP pool. Neccesary with +9 RWH?

I dont plan to solo hitlock as of now. Pure Arrow Storm Build. Any help? :D

Edited by Akshaysanwal, 16 May 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#2 nein

nein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:29 AM

I dont plan to solo hitlock as of now.

120 dex
120 vit
rest int

#3 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

120 dex
120 vit
rest int

If I have a +9 RWH.
Will int be a big problem?
And thanks :)

#4 aNgAh

aNgAh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationShah Alam Malaysia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

u will be needing agi. trust me agi is needed for lvling.

#5 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:20 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for a pure AS leveling build, where you will only use AS and only kill large mobs, you probably don't need agi after level 100-110 or so? Or even as archer/sniper, you could potentially go DEX/VIT and low int and arrow shower mobs? Tankier gears would probably be required or someone to tank for you or support you though.

#6 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

120 dex
120 vit
rest int

90 Vit
90 Int
120 Dex
rest AGI to flee weaker monsters, otherwise AGI isn't needed and go with more INT for better cast time and SP.

Assuming you're strictly a pure AS build anyway.

Edited by MrTyranitar, 15 May 2012 - 05:25 AM.

#7 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:28 AM

For a PURE Arrow Storm Build Max 120 for Dex & Luk rest into Vit for survivability or Int for SP.

Remember Luk increases Atk as well and helps with Flee and PDodge as well as crit.

Not sure if a PURE Arrow Storm build is wise though.

#8 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

Luk is a bad choice. You're not going to gain anything significant for damage and you lose any and all SP/survivability, that, and you gain a lot more cast time.
2 INT = 1 DEX for casting time. So 90 INT is the equivalent of 45 DEX.

#9 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

Luck is a good choice if you have agi as well for it will make your warg attack more often, other than that i'm not sure of it because it takes 3 luck points to gain 1 atk/matk/crit or 10 luck to get 1 p.dodge. Maybe it reduces your chance of getting hit when tanking mobs?

#10 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:32 AM

I dont need luk for AS right?
Since crit is not needed for AS.

And since you'll say not very viable. I might go for a little of arrow too then. Is it possible to hit 193 ASPD hitlock with getting good AS damage?

And another main ciriteria was will +9 RWH suffice for SP regen?

#11 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

Luck is a good choice if you have agi as well for it will make your warg attack more often, other than that i'm not sure of it because it takes 3 luck points to gain 1 atk/matk/crit or 10 luck to get 1 p.dodge. Maybe it reduces your chance of getting hit when tanking mobs?

Actually PDodge is much better then Flee for mobbing as it is NOT reduced by the number of attackers hitting you.

Also Mr T. as he's going purely AStorm build Luk IS a good choice for the extra attack + survivability. Although truthfully I DO NOT think a PURE AS build is a good choice and also wouldn't think it bad to leave off the Luk at 100 for extra Vit/Int.

Also remember that a 150/50 Ranger only has just over 800sp base. So even getting 100 Int would only double that to 1600 which is not a huge dif if he is using a RWH.

Arrow Storm also only has a 3.8 sec cast time at max. To get rid of that completely you need 530 points total with Dex giving 2 and Int 1 per. Max'd dex at 120 with Improve Conc and the other basic archer skills already lowers this to less than 1 sec with no added Int.

#12 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

800 SP isn't a big difference? Remember, it also helps SP regen. Which still happens in Camo.
I don't think Luk really adds survivability. You can't stack any perfect dodge gear so it's not like you can get good amounts of it.

#13 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

Well, I am thinking of going to a hybrid build. So, that means I invest stuff in AGI right?
Something like
110+ Dex
100 Agi
70-80+ Int
And rest in Vit.

How does that sound?

And again, will a +9 RWH suffice for the SP, or I need to invest some in INT for larger SP pool.

#14 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

Every 3 LUK: ATK +1
Every 3 LUK: MATK +1
Every 3 LUK: Hit +1
Every 5 LUK: FLEE +1
Every 10 LUK: Perfect Dodge +1

At 120 LUK, you get 40ATK, 40MATK, 40HIT, 24FLEE and 12 P.Dodge. Tbh, I really don't see how that's worth it =/

40ATK is somewhat negligible if the skill in question is Arrow Storm. It already OHKOs stuff and very often, overkills by a lot of damage.
40MATK is stupid for Rangers.
40HIT is decent, but not at the expense of so many stat points having to be invested in LUK instead of VIT/INT.
24FLEE = No comments.
12P.Dodge is decent, but I usually don't mess with P.Dodge builds unless I can stack up to at least 40 P.Dodge.

VIT is very important, especially during the 100-120++ levels. No VIT = Can't mob well = Can't level well = Lose

INT is important for multiple reasons. Better cast times, better SP pool (which means your RWH has more chances to proc), better SP items regen value (saves Zeny).

Edited by MotherOneDog, 16 May 2012 - 02:47 PM.

#15 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

I don't think any class should ever get 120 luk, except for brewers. But almost every class should get at least 20-30 luk since the amount of stat points spent to get there is very, very little compared to something like increasing 100 agi to 101 agi. With just 20-30 luk you get a small attack / hit / flee boost, which is pretty worth it for what it gives.

So I'd recommend getting at least 20-30 luk but only add up to 70-80 MAX, even if you are going for CRIT for ctrl-clicking (3 luk = 1 crit). If you have an arc angeling card, it will do wonders for SP, but you do need 77 luk. If you don't have an arc angeling card, 30 luk or so will probably be what you want to go for.

#16 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

Every 3 LUK: ATK +1
Every 3 LUK: MATK +1
Every 3 LUK: Hit +1
Every 5 LUK: FLEE +1
Every 10 LUK: Perfect Dodge +1

At 120 LUK, you get 40ATK, 40MATK, 40HIT, 24FLEE and 12 P.Dodge. Tbh, I really don't see how that's worth it =/

40ATK is somewhat negligible if the skill in question is Arrow Storm. It already OHKOs stuff and very often, overkills by a lot of damage.
40MATK is stupid for Rangers.
40HIT is decent, but not at the expense of so many stat points having to be invested in LUK instead of VIT/INT.
24FLEE = No comments.
12P.Dodge is decent, but I usually don't mess with P.Dodge builds unless I can stack up to at least 40 P.Dodge.

VIT is very important, especially during the 100-120++ levels. No VIT = Can't mob well = Can't level well = Lose

INT is important for multiple reasons. Better cast times, better SP pool (which means your RWH has more chances to proc), better SP items regen value (saves Zeny).

Thank you for that, it does make sense to not have so much luk. Infact I could invest more in Vit and Int.

I don't think any class should ever get 120 luk, except for brewers. But almost every class should get at least 20-30 luk since the amount of stat points spent to get there is very, very little compared to something like increasing 100 agi to 101 agi. With just 20-30 luk you get a small attack / hit / flee boost, which is pretty worth it for what it gives.

So I'd recommend getting at least 20-30 luk but only add up to 70-80 MAX, even if you are going for CRIT for ctrl-clicking (3 luk = 1 crit). If you have an arc angeling card, it will do wonders for SP, but you do need 77 luk. If you don't have an arc angeling card, 30 luk or so will probably be what you want to go for.

I thought of that, but I dont think I will be using ann AA card in the future, because I dont plan to raise LUK to such a great extent. Thank you to you too.

@Everyone : - How does this sound for a Hybrid Build, not going for Pure AS anymore :D
110+ Dex
100 Agi
70-80+ Int
And rest in Vit.

#17 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

Incubus Pet - 2% chance to steal 5% dmg as SP, with +9 RWH is great to keep SP up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users