lindst92

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationIceland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

I'm incredibly lost right now on which to pick. All I care for is who is better for MvP, solo and money making. My goal was to make a battle smith (focus only on VIT, STR and DEX which took me a long time to decide because I absolutely love agi) but then I read some threads and found out that genticists can be very good as well.

Can anybody tell me which one I should be going for and what I should be putting in my stats? :)
Right now I have a merchant around lvl 30 and I have about 30 in STR, 20 something in DEX and rest in VIT.

#2 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:00 AM

Genetics are hands down the best for MVP, but mechs have an easier time soloing at much higher levels (around 130+, cart cannon damage starts to become bad while arm cannon damage becomes viable)

For an MVP genetic, you want to focus on STR, INT, DEX, VIT, with a minimum of 90 in each of those. You mainly just level using Cart Cannon and a Homunculus (the homunculus is generally used as a decoy, but it's well worth your time to get them to a high level and evolve them because of their utility moves when they become a homunculus S)

Genetics are very squishy, so leveling can be tricky sometimes. Mechs are the opposite, quite durable and strong in PVM but don't have the boss-killing power of Genetics and their Acid Bomb, and also tend to be more expensive. Mech class is also kind of buggy right now, and there's no way to cure the 'cooldown' ailment besides stripping off your madogear and getting a new one.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 17 May 2012 - 05:01 AM.

#3 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

i disagree that genetics are squishy
they have decent hp mods and lvling is far easier, i heard mechs slow down at high ends

and u cant compare acid bomb to any other skill in pvm, except maybe gfist

#4 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:22 AM

I have both a mech and a gene and I can assure you that leveling the Gene becomes quite hard at 140+ while the mech seems to thrive. Mechanics can actually tank and kill the mobs, while Gene needs a high level homunculus S to soak up some of the damage. Cart cannon doesn't scale with level. Arm cannon on the other hand does.

Mechs also have the option of fighting ghost monsters thanks to elemental skills, which is certainly nice. Homunculus S aside (having a high lv homun just makes things so much easier, especially if it's a Sera) I honestly feel that mechs are stronger at PVM.

Having a Sera with painkiller just makes you a PVM God.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 20 May 2012 - 01:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users