Important question about Luk - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Important question about Luk

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Knightlazarus

Knightlazarus

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 144 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

Ever since renewal started, I don't have too much of a clue how Luk works. I heard if you get 3 luk, you gain 1 Atk. But what KIND of atk? Is it Status point type attack, or is it WEAPON type atk? I really need to know. Also, is it true that it adds Crit resist? For example, if I get 30 luk, as compared to 1 luk, will I gain a bit of resistance against guillotine crosses crits? Also, does it make crits hit HARDER when I crit myself? (I know it makes crit more often thats obvious.)

#2 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

Ever since renewal started, I don't have too much of a clue how Luk works. I heard if you get 3 luk, you gain 1 Atk. But what KIND of atk? Is it Status point type attack, or is it WEAPON type atk? I really need to know. Also, is it true that it adds Crit resist? For example, if I get 30 luk, as compared to 1 luk, will I gain a bit of resistance against guillotine crosses crits? Also, does it make crits hit HARDER when I crit myself? (I know it makes crit more often thats obvious.)

3 luk = 1 Crit basically. I dont know what you mean by "Crit Resist" You get +1 Lucky dodge for every 10 luk I think. Luk does add SOME Atk too but not as much as it would if you added STR, its not entirely a noticable boost, just minor. I think 3 luk = 1 MATK as well or something like that.

Lets see... according to iROWiki:
Luck: Each 1 LUK provides the following:

Edited by Senkasa, 16 May 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#3 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

^ You just quoted Wiki word for word and did not answer any of his questions. Good job.

#4 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

yes, you do actually get "crit resist" and it is not shown in much places.

Every 5 luck (or was it 10?) you have, you resist 1% crit, meaning if you have 100 luck and the attacker has 50 crit, they would attack you as if they only had 30 crit. thats why you can actually have more than 100 crit to counter the crit resist- -`

Edited by michaeleeli, 16 May 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#5 Knightlazarus

Knightlazarus

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

Ok nevermind, thanks anyways all of you. I just found out it adds status atk, by equipping some rosaries. Time to calculate how much I can fit into my final build now.

#6 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

^ You just quoted Wiki word for word and did not answer any of his questions. Good job.

"Let's See... According to iROWiki" Technically I did give him relevant information. Does it matter? Are you that picky? Geez there's just not pleasing some people.

#7 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

Ever since renewal started, I don't have too much of a clue how Luk works.

I heard if you get 3 luk, you gain 1 Atk. But what KIND of atk? Is it Status point type attack, or is it WEAPON type atk? I really need to know.
Status Attack.

Also, is it true that it adds Crit resist? For example, if I get 30 luk, as compared to 1 luk, will I gain a bit of resistance against guillotine crosses crits?
Every 5 points in LUK, you get one point of "Crit Shield" (does not appear anywhere). The Crit Shield is pretty much a lower chance for enemies to deal criticals. So if a GX comes attack you with 80 crit, and you have 90 luk, his real critical rate will be 80-(90/5) = 80 - 18 = 62% to make a critical hit connect. It's independent from perfect dodge. Perfect Dodge is a chance to evade the hit, Crit shield is a chance to turn the critical hit to a normal hit instead. The normal hit can be fleed by either your normal flee, or your perfect dodge .

Also, does it make crits hit HARDER when I crit myself? (I know it makes crit more often thats obvious.)
No, only frequency.

Comments in purple.

The info is on irowiki, but maybe not explicit enough.

Edits: Wrote a little more, and changed the purple of the text. It was making my eyes hurt.

Edited by asayuu, 16 May 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#8 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

1. I heard if you get 3 luk, you gain 1 Atk. But what KIND of atk?

2. Is it Status point type attack, or is it WEAPON type atk?

3. is it true that it adds Crit resist? For example, if I get 30 luk, as compared to 1 luk, will I gain a bit of resistance against guillotine crosses crits?

4. Also, does it make crits hit HARDER when I crit myself? (I know it makes crit more often thats obvious.)

1. = additive atk, not weapon atk

2. stat atk/matk is increased chance to apply those types of status effects making resisting them harder

3. never heard of it adding crit resist, if you perfect dodge something you can negate a possible crit i believe

4. only way to increase Crit dmg is by card effects, in terms of LUK it only affects its chance to occur. Usually +Crit Gear adds more crit chance than raw luk

#9 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

1. = additive atk, not weapon atk

2. stat atk/matk is increased chance to apply those types of status effects making resisting them harder

3. never heard of it adding crit resist, if you perfect dodge something you can negate a possible crit i believe

4. only way to increase Crit dmg is by card effects, in terms of LUK it only affects its chance to occur. Usually +Crit Gear adds more crit chance than raw luk

To #4, +7/+9 Heroic Backpack adds +10%/15% Critical Attack Bonus Respectively and I believe a few other headgears do as well like the Little Feather Hat or something like that.

Edited by Senkasa, 16 May 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#10 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

This stuff really needs to be obvious in game. Without the Wiki everyone would be so confused...

One thing I love about The Old Republic is you hover over a skill it says "Does xxx Force Damage" then in your character Panel you hover over "Force" and it shows exactly where all the damage components come from and how you can increase them. Same for defense/heals/crits/etc.

#11 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

There are lots of "Hidden" mechanics in the game. I had to pound it in my freind's head that just because the status window doesnt show it. For assassins, crit stat is actually doubled.

#12 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

There are lots of "Hidden" mechanics in the game. I had to pound it in my freind's head that just because the status window doesnt show it. For assassins, crit stat is actually doubled.

But did you explain to them why its doubled?

Its not because of the class, its because of the weapon type.

I started making a character simulator in C# when Renewal first came, and got pretty far but these "hidden mechanics" just drove me insane to the point I gave up. Not only are they hidden, but they can change at any time at the whim of the kRO OR iRO developers and they MAY or MAY NOT tell us about them.

#13 Shadiah

Shadiah

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Didn't know that. I thought crit was doubled only if they had a katar equipped.

#14 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

It is. Thats what i was trying to pound in his head. He kept on going "But if i switch to Daggers, the crit stats don't change" and I kept saying 'It's hidden, it won't show no matter how many times you switch weapons".

You can go ahead and wear 2 orc axes or 2 swords and then switch to Katars, it still won't magically make that 50 crit in the stat window into 100.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 16 May 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#15 Knightlazarus

Knightlazarus

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

You are correct.

#16 Mayo

Mayo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1676 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdesermine

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

Luk is a really nice stat now, i liked it before, but with it adding all kinds of nice bonuses every 3 and 10, it helps a lot even if u use a little bit in ur builds.. u got ur answer though up thar somewhere =)

#17 DatchaRO

DatchaRO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNear Detroit,MI
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:NightFlyte/Lum/Elwing

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

On the crit side of things... is there something that causes "chains" of crits?
I'm a crittish alch (25 crit) using 1h swords and I could swear that sometimes I get brief streaks
where crits fly like crazy for brief periods....

#18 Knightlazarus

Knightlazarus

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

On the crit side of things... is there something that causes "chains" of crits?
I'm a crittish alch (25 crit) using 1h swords and I could swear that sometimes I get brief streaks
where crits fly like crazy for brief periods....

No that's just you getting lucky, I promise. Unless you're using vanberk card...

#19 JasRiddle

JasRiddle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

Lets see... according to iROWiki:
Luck: Each 1 LUK provides the following:

I think iro wiki information is kinda off, try resetting the stats and slowly pump luk and made some observation. I get strange results like 4 luk = 1 atk and stuff like that.

#20 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

When optimizing LUK vs STR, don't forget about the STR/200 bonus to wATK that each point of STR adds. For classes using high base ATK weapons like a HF, it takes more than 3 LUK to have equivalent of 1 STR.

#21 Knightlazarus

Knightlazarus

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

When optimizing LUK vs STR, don't forget about the STR/200 bonus to wATK that each point of STR adds. For classes using high base ATK weapons like a HF, it takes more than 3 LUK to have equivalent of 1 STR.

My main weapon's attack is not high. It's fine. I know all about the Str weapon atk bonus, but thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users