South Prontera DB party - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

South Prontera DB party

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#26 ranalek

ranalek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:21 AM

Yeah that'd be cool man. Care if I buy them all for 3.5m each?

pm me your ign. we can make the deal tonight right after woe.

#27 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

When do you plan to have it?

#28 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:33 AM

omg, this is such a cool idea, i'll be there too!!

#29 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

he shall have 1 week of notice

#30 Asea

Asea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

Awesome, so I have Oda helping me out on this. The plan is to spawn everything on an empty town map, that way no one loses exp. At the moment I haven't set a time or date yet since I'm still selling my stuff and collecting bloody branches. I'll keep you guys posted.

Oh and if anyone wants to sell or trade me branches, let me know! I'm prioritizing Bloody Branches atm since I'm wanting at least a minimum of 500 for this event.

#31 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

Awesome, so I have Oda helping me out on this. The plan is to spawn everything on an empty town map, that way no one loses exp. At the moment I haven't set a time or date yet since I'm still selling my stuff and collecting bloody branches. I'll keep you guys posted.

Oh and if anyone wants to sell or trade me branches, let me know! I'm prioritizing Bloody Branches atm since I'm wanting at least a minimum of 500 for this event.

Please, oh please don't do it next weekend! Do it the week after that, from May, 28th to June, 3rd or so. Or maybe a week with double drops! :rice:

#32 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

did oda contact you?

#33 Asea

Asea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

Yeah I messaged Oda and he said he'd help me spawn them. All I have to do is collect the BB's and come up with a date and time for the event. I told him I'd give him a week's notice prior.

#34 Asea

Asea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

Here's the convo:

Me: Well, here's my thread: http://forums.warppo...ty/#entry861598

I've never hosted a huge event involving the community before, so I was wondering if I could get a little help rounding people up for this event. I'm not entirely sure when the day and time is yet, but I can give a heads up a week in advance if you'd be interested in helping me host this for the community. Like I posted on the thread, I loved this game. Especially the community! And before I completely leave this game behind, I want to give everything I can possibly give back to the community. The only thing I could think of was a huge Bloody Branch and Dead Branch party for anyone online on the day I decide to do it.

If you like this idea and would be interested in helping me out, let me know! If not, it's totally understandable.

-Asea

Oda: Shouldn't be a problem, monster spawns, games and some prizes can be easily done -more people come out to events when they are in towns so picking a relatively unused town map would be a good option so they aren't losing exp when I spawn dozens of MVPs onto them. I work 7am-4pm PST tuesday through saturday so just keep me in the loop!

So yeah, it's definitely happening. Just need to collect the branches and set the date, like I mentioned earlier.

#35 janielle

janielle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

How much is your variant? Kindly sell it to me in very affordable price.. Thx!

#36 Asea

Asea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

Actually sold them both yesterday. x.X sorry Janielle, I'll update the thread.

#37 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

It sounds like Oda might have misunderstood you a bit... Think he believes you want to run some events rather than just spawning a crapton of DBs / BBs. =P

#38 Asea

Asea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

Oh lol.

#39 Hanfeizi

Hanfeizi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

Just call it an event, RO-chainsaw massacre, and everyone will be happy. First prize is a jellopy goes to the player who died the most often, second prize, a large jellopy or something like that, goes to the biggest QQ-er in attendance.

Edited by Hanfeizi, 19 May 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#40 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

Just an advice, you should break the DB's and BB's first, and then ppl should be able to kill (not you opening the DB's and the crowd killing the mob when you open them), because if you spam DB's and the crowd is near you, AoEs will kill them all in 1shot, and that won't be nice. Just saying.

#41 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

The number of branches he has would crash a map.

#42 Asea

Asea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

Lol don't worry, I'm not planning on popping all of them at once. 10-15 BB's at a time, 500-1000 DB's at a time.

Like I said in a previous post, I spam really, really fast. I could probably get 100 BB's in 3-5 seconds if I really wanted to, but I want to see people actually kill the stuff and have fun instead of immediately dying lol.

I've tested spawning dead branches before, though I'm not sure how many I'd be able to spawn on a map that has 100-300+ people on it. I know I can get a good 1500 out before I notice lag spikes.

Edited by Asea, 19 May 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#43 Asea

Asea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

Just an advice, you should break the DB's and BB's first, and then ppl should be able to kill (not you opening the DB's and the crowd killing the mob when you open them), because if you spam DB's and the crowd is near you, AoEs will kill them all in 1shot, and that won't be nice. Just saying.

That's why I'll be snapping around on my Sura dropping spawns in random areas of people so that there isn't a single focus, just mobs everywhere.

#44 Asea

Asea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

I popped like 2k dead branches earlier just for fun :)

Just need to sell my stuff and buy like 300 more Bloody Branches and we're set for the party!

#45 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Rachel might be a good location. Plenty of back alleys for hidden mobs, and there's elevated locations to look down from, safely. Though, that might encourage a few rudes...

I'm debating making a character on Valk just for this. Sounds delightful.

#46 majorBoobage

majorBoobage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Valk

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

I popped like 2k dead branches earlier just for fun :)

Just need to sell my stuff and buy like 300 more Bloody Branches and we're set for the party!

Pretty sure a KK you spawned killed my lvl 7 rebirthed novice... bastard ;) No worries though, I gave her a good whack before I died.

#47 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

The number of branches he has would crash a map.

do it 2-3hrs be4 maint!
tht wud be fun to watch

#48 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:32 AM

I dont think BBs can be popped in south pront anymore due to abuse. lol.

May have to find a different home for those. xD

my fav spot
Posted Image

#49 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

A small town would be a better choice,i dont know, maybe Izlude? or Rachel..I hope you'll get GMs assistance and make this dream come true..Not sure if they'd care though, because it seems they don't even pay attention to bugs affect regular gameplay we're having this week.

#50 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

Having it in a town would make it easy to respawn and enjoy the festivities. I could see players duking it out in Einbroch, with that hazy purple mist could definitely give a Jack-The-Ripper sort of vibe to the event -- faux horror. :3 Plus the stairs and what not would make it challenging for players to get around, while providing vantage points. Throw in the ban on bwings, and there's a challenge. Or a bitchfit waiting to happen. Not quite sure yet. /hmm

A small town would be a better choice,i dont know, maybe Izlude? or Rachel..I hope you'll get GMs assistance and make this dream come true..Not sure if they'd care though, because it seems they don't even pay attention to bugs affect regular gameplay we're having this week.

Rachel would also be fun. +1

Edited by Balthi, 22 May 2012 - 07:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users