Kaitami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around the corner.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hello there. I'm currently playing as a mage and would like to seek some advise on what equipments I should invest in for pvm and pvp respectively. I always have this view about magic based jobs in games that defense is a distant second or third in character building while offense should come first. Mages will die easily no matter what kind of defensive equipmets are used and a defensive mage is pretty pointless in this game.

With that said, what should I get to make sure that I get the highest AP possible as a mage? And what is the highest possible AP tuhat a mage can have anyway?

Cheers! ^_^

#2 Zova

Zova

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Well, its pretty simple as far as AP equipment. Chivalrous gear is going to be what you want seeing how it adds AP. I still think that mages need to be a little better balanced because as far as pvp we still kinda suck defensively. A hardened staff or if you can afford the epic staff thats what you're gonna want as well. Diamonds are the gem you want in your sep and chest, they add the most AP. Cant really tell you whats the highest possible AP is for a mage but i imagine full D7s with 15 chiv gear you'll be around 7 or 8k give or take.

#3 Kaitami

Kaitami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

thanks for the feedback zova. i have the hardened staff with d7 covered (epic staff just costs waaaaaayyyy too much) as well as the chest. would you have an idea what accessories will bring out the most AP for a mage?

#4 Zova

Zova

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

Me being a max pvp mage i run lava set. AP + ACC. with the Ferrell guild ring thats 100ap.

#5 Kaitami

Kaitami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

thanks thanks. i'll be doing some experimentation later then. :)

#6 Zjuu

Zjuu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:draco / leo

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

If u wanna do well for a mage, focus on your defensive side. Whats the point of having 8k ap but dies with 4 hits from a champ?
1 or 2k less ap wont make much difference since mages have almost only magic attacks wich kills nearly all classes (exept clerics/mages)
Drop as much ap needed to give your mage that survivability it needs. Mages have the strongest and best skills in wars with or without a D7 in the weapon.

#7 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

Little heads up, before you start gemming. After the passive change Topaz gives more attack power than Diamonds for mages, (they are cheaper too) so if you are going for the ap route Diamonds are obsolete at the moment. Attack power stats aren't based off of your passives anymore, thus diamonds only grant a set amount attack power dependent on the base power of your weapon. With a refine 15 200 weapon, it is only going to be around 65 attack power.

As Zjuu said, Mages are going to be fragile regardless but without any surviability you aren't going to be very useful in a Crystal Defenders war. Luminous gear would not be a bad choice as it has the highest pvp resistance, some attack power and mspeed and accuracy bonuses which Mages lack. But always experiment to see what suits you best.

For pvm, reinforced is the way to go. The substats might be up to you, but they won't make a huge difference in pvm if you are mostly skilling.

Edited by Phish, 20 May 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#8 Zjuu

Zjuu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

That is correct about the Topaz7 and it also increases your heals and m-def.

and dont bother with the acc

Edited by Zjuu, 20 May 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#9 Kaitami

Kaitami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

Zjuu and Phish, thank you for your comments. I can see now that it is very important to invest on defensive stuff. Do you have any suggestions as far as defensive accessories goes? I'm trying to get a feel of what I should be wearing while I don't have any honor items yet.

#10 Zjuu

Zjuu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Dont focus on your AP. start gathering items of reinforcement gears with a speedsubstat on it. And maybe get an precious staff to start off with. I dont know your budget but you picked the most difficult class to play so be prepared to die allot. Thats why using the high movespeed to get out of trouble when targetted and get back in again given the right chance.

p.s When 2 or more ppl are hitting you, start running lol ;)

Edited by Zjuu, 21 May 2012 - 12:45 PM.

#11 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

Doesn't apply for arti though. I gained 69 ap for 1 D7 and about 47 ap for 1 s7 (But i've only tested this with 1 s7 tho, might be higher with 2-3 s7's idk)

#12 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:45 AM

Zjuu and Phish, thank you for your comments. I can see now that it is very important to invest on defensive stuff. Do you have any suggestions as far as defensive accessories goes? I'm trying to get a feel of what I should be wearing while I don't have any honor items yet.

Oro PO7 or even Cliff PO7 sounds the best defensive jewels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users