Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

So I have one, its "Unknown Item" but its equippable as a 2 handed weapon on a Ranger, gives me plenty of ATK and I upgraded it (+4 Unknown Item now) still need to test if I can put cards in it.

So, what 2 cards would be best in it?
2x Archer Skeleton for +20% ranged dmg?
2x Abysmal Knight for MVP bow?

I dunno what to do haha, still a long way till I get a ranger (used my bro's ranger to test) since im still Hunter~

Would Elven Bow + Elf Arrow be better still or will the 2nd card slot bump me above elven bow damage?

http://forums.irowik...35&postcount=12
18110#Giant Crossbow#[2]
A difficult to wield bow that is designed for consecutive firing.
----------------------------
Every 5 refine increases the damage of Arrow Storm by a %, and increases it's SP cost.
If the user has 120 base AGI, ASPD + 1.
----------------------------
Type: Bow
Attack: 160
Weight: 90
Weapon Level: 4
Req Level: 110
Class: Ranger

edit: Double clicking a weapon card does bring up the Unknown Item in the list~ so its cardable O:

Just thought also - Beholder Master card in it maybe? Not like ill get one soon...

Edited by Kalandros, 20 May 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#2 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

Tested it at +10 on my brother's ranger - Camo'd Arrow Storm got me 55k with +9 Kingbird Elven Bow while I got a 53k with the +10 Unknown Item (no cards put in it) - so the Arrow Storm bonus works (because I was not getting the +50% dmg from Elven Arrow+Elven Bow) and is quite a good bonus.

+15 would be best but its a damn level 4 weapon vs level 3 for Elven Bow ~_~ ugh. don't wanna dump $500 just to +15 it haha.

Btw seems to be +50 SP cost at +10 for Arrow Storm - ouch, yea.. might need super regen to make good use of it hah.

Edited by Kalandros, 20 May 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#3 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

Tested it at +10 on my brother's ranger - Camo'd Arrow Storm got me 55k with +9 Kingbird Elven Bow while I got a 53k with the +10 Unknown Item (no cards put in it) - so the Arrow Storm bonus works (because I was not getting the +50% dmg from Elven Arrow+Elven Bow) and is quite a good bonus.

+15 would be best but its a damn level 4 weapon vs level 3 for Elven Bow ~_~ ugh. don't wanna dump $500 just to +15 it haha.

Btw seems to be +50 SP cost at +10 for Arrow Storm - ouch, yea.. might need super regen to make good use of it hah.

Lol, $500 if you're effin lucky. Those damn HD ores aren't cheap at all =/ Plus you gotta bust Zeny with each try <_<

#4 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

Yea forgot about that, my +13 Glorious Bloody Roar was done with Iris Hammer (no zeny cost)
Okay forget about it, its staying at +11.

#5 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

Okay, after my search, I discovered a few fun things.

1- Giant Crossbow is a bio4 MVP drop. Therefore the power is proportional to the rarity.
2- Only +11 is enough to outdamage Elven set, as long as you keep White Wing set. Without implementing cards. Cards would just further boost the damage.
3- Upgrading a level 4 weapon sucks. BADLY. Wanting a +14 for dual Beholder Master is pretty cool, and this would make rangers pretty much invincible... Glass Cannons.
4- Ctrl+Clicking with Giant Crossbow may (personal opinion)be weaker than Elven Bow due to the lower ranged mod (it's 41% vs 91%), but the space for two beholder master cards may suffice it. It requires 120 AGI for the extra ASPD point, what is pretty much what ALL rangers loved to NOT have after the balance patch. Having 193 ASPD without even awakening potions may be lovely.

I will research more and maybe post a little more around here.

#6 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

1. Nice, glad I got it for so cheap then
2. Maybe it outdamages Elven Bow+Elven Arrow at +11 (for AS) but its still 103 SP an Arrow Storm instead of 48.. how do you cope with that?
3. Yea, too much a money dump to bother to get +14 I think.. And I'd prefer damage cards in there to compensate the loss of elven bow+arrow bonus (though optimal carding would include Thanatos.. x: )
4. the 120 base AGI requirement is a bit annoying I admit, of coure you don't HAVE to get 120 Base AGI but you'd be losing out a great bonus from the bow if you didn't~ I just wish the Sniper goggles weren't upper + mid D:

#7 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

It's pretty much a question of choice. Way higher SP cost for the ability of choosing the element of the arrow without spending converters, or add a certain status effect by chance, without loss of damage. On PVP settings will be pretty much the same. On PVM, saving SP is essential, unless you have a sorcerer friend, so Elven will excel on this.

The high upgrade level (in this case, +10 will do) already rival Elven on storm damage, and the other cards will only increase the damage further.

By the way, is one of the bio3 "unknown items" the bow? The only unknown item I found was a pack of malangdo coins. As they must enter in vend so I can steal the ID from ragnastats.

#8 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

I bought it from a vender~ so no clue where he or she found it. I can ask though - I heard its possible to get from the high weapon box thing that drops from bio3?

#9 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

It drops from Cecil in Bio3 and also drops from the Cecil MvP at high chance.

I got myself one and +11`d it off the bat and I`m not carding it until I get my hands on an SS card+Randgris card.

Don`t put AS into that bow. Bow mechanics work differently and adding % range increase isn`t all that worth it since having a +12 WW suit+set=57% range increase already. If you have the money to +13 a KvM then you have the money to get yourself an SS card!
Defence piercing+hydra or randgris carded AS would be so OP!!!

Edited by TheKraven, 21 May 2012 - 09:59 PM.

#10 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

I'm on Ygg, no such thing as a SS card or Thanatos Card unless they are hiding the knowledge of possessing one (btw isn't Thanatos a way better choice than SS here?)
I've rarely seen SS being dead, and its not like Amatsu 3 is far when you can skip the maze...

How's Thanatos vs Samurai when used in PVP/WoE or in PvM/MVP?

Edited by Kalandros, 22 May 2012 - 12:42 AM.

#11 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:30 AM

thanatos is much better but also costs about 15bil

#12 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:41 AM

I'm on Ygg, no such thing as a SS card or Thanatos Card unless they are hiding the knowledge of possessing one (btw isn't Thanatos a way better choice than SS here?)
I've rarely seen SS being dead, and its not like Amatsu 3 is far when you can skip the maze...

How's Thanatos vs Samurai when used in PVP/WoE or in PvM/MVP?

Compare to the "cheap" options (aka daggers)

Thanatos = Ice Pick
Samurai = Combat Knife.

You can't arrow storm with both, but you can simulate the difference. As most people overupgrade their items (Or not, but armors and shields have HIGH values of defense) Thanatos-carded equips pretty much has a great damage increase.

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

+15 is not $500. It's $11,000-12,000. See the math here for +14 and multiply by 10 http://forums.warppo...-on-fanat-card/

So basically, you can just forget about getting that third damage bonus.

#14 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

actually it was a misinterpretation of the translation - its +5% per refine, so +12 is +60% just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users