#1 zjedz

zjedz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

Hello, I'm pretty new in RO and I have a question. I'm now Alchemist (just started) and know that I have a long way to next class/Transcendent but I'm curious : after base 99 and job 50 I can transcend to high novice then merchant > alchemist > biochemist > geneticist? Or high novice > biochemist > geneticist? And another one: when I transcend to high novice > ... > geneticist will I have my Homunculus from transcend alchemist?

EDIT.
I have another question: Can I buy embryo from other players (named embryo) and use it to get Homunculus? And type of Homun will be random or affected by stats of player who created embryo?

Edited by zjedz, 21 May 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

1) You get lvl 99/50 and transcend to become a high novice. Then you become high merchant, and then biochemist (you change to bio instead of alchemist). Once you get biochem to 99/70, you can change to Genetic.

2) You keep the homun. Only way the homunculus can be lost is if you let it starve to death or manually delete it.

3) All embryos work the same. Stats of creator do not effect it. I don't think your stats effect homun type either - there are rumors to the contrary, but I think that's all just superstition and poor grasp of statistics (just like how people say they upgrade better after some ritual, or get better OCA luck if they let their girl/boyfriend-who-doesn't-play open it.)

#3 zjedz

zjedz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

Thanks for fast reply!

#4 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

1) You get lvl 99/50 and transcend to become a high novice. Then you become high merchant, and then biochemist (you change to bio instead of alchemist). Once you get biochem to 99/70, you can change to Genetic.

2) You keep the homun. Only way the homunculus can be lost is if you let it starve to death or manually delete it.

3) All embryos work the same. Stats of creator do not effect it. I don't think your stats effect homun type either - there are rumors to the contrary, but I think that's all just superstition and poor grasp of statistics (just like how people say they upgrade better after some ritual, or get better OCA luck if they let their girl/boyfriend-who-doesn't-play open it.)

Well I may not be the greatest at statistics but quite a few people used to come to me on Chaos for embryos... you almost had a guaranteed vani with them.

Like for my Lif back when I 99'd my bio.... 40 embryo:
32 vani
2 birds
3 sheep
2 green Lif
1 red Lif ( the one I wanted )

So yeah... don't know if it was stats or what but everyone else got pretty much the same... almost always vani.

#5 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

4th job: MAD SCIENTIST!!

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

Well I may not be the greatest at statistics but quite a few people used to come to me on Chaos for embryos... you almost had a guaranteed vani with them.

Like for my Lif back when I 99'd my bio.... 40 embryo:
32 vani
2 birds
3 sheep
2 green Lif
1 red Lif ( the one I wanted )

So yeah... don't know if it was stats or what but everyone else got pretty much the same... almost always vani.

That's quite a run of vani-luck; I've never observed a consistent bias in any group of embryos, and I've gone through hundreds of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users