Just came back.. where is everyone lvling? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Just came back.. where is everyone lvling?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Noyokinz

Noyokinz

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

Hey guys im a old iro Player since beta 1 and 2.. and when this game first became pay to play.. and there was different hangouts where people lvl'd and grinded.. id just like to know where because id like to lvl xD ^^ thank you.

-noyo

#2 TargetMonster

TargetMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

I have some bad news..

#3 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

Hey guys im a old iro Player since beta 1 and 2.. and when this game first became pay to play.. and there was different hangouts where people lvl'd and grinded.. id just like to know where because id like to lvl xD ^^ thank you.

-noyo

Wherever Grampa takes me to on his weekly adventures.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

I have some bad news..

This pretty much concludes everything in 5 words or less.

#5 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Yup, really, I mean REALLY bad news..

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

People don't grind level anymore - most people level using the weekly Gramps turnins in a party.

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Autofollow a ranger and greed everything. That's how the game rolls now.

#8 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Stupidity aside, what level are you?

healplz.com/exp

Find monsters that are 10~15 levels above you and not under 10 levels below you.

My usual route is: Training Grounds until level 12, Peco Peco/Muka quest from the Eden Boards until level 20something, then start with Ant Eggs and then assorted ant mobs. Once I'm level 40 I move on to Orc Dungeon and mob there. This works pretty fine until the early 70s, actually, even though Orc Zombies are only level 51. If you feel it's slow, another choice is the Sohee quest in the Eden boards. After 71+, the Juno district quest (Grand Pecos, Harpies, Goats, Sleepers) until the late 80s (if you're using Battle Manuals this will get you to at least 86~89 (just make sure to grab the quest one last time before you turn 86).

Once you're there (since 70+ really, but as stated, you can do 70~90 alone pretty fast anyway), the easiest thing is to do the turn-in parties, talk to Gramps inside Eden to get it (the two monsters in your level range if you are VIP, one at a time if you are not) and find/make a party (better if you have Giant Fly Wings from the shop).

There you go - too tired to type more.

#9 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

Before getting high enough for gramps turn ins I just follow the monsters listed on the map.
Its seriously convenient for that.

And come on now, not everyone only does the turn in quests for leveling.
Its certainly the easiest way to level though.

#10 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

!-99 trans is rather easy for "most" characters but for some classes the post 100 grind is impossible. If you
just returning either go ranger or rune knight because they can level almost anywhere party or solo and still get amazing xp at any levels and aren't epicly expensive to gear.

#11 Noyokinz

Noyokinz

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:12 AM

Stupidity aside, what level are you?

healplz.com/exp

Find monsters that are 10~15 levels above you and not under 10 levels below you.

My usual route is: Training Grounds until level 12, Peco Peco/Muka quest from the Eden Boards until level 20something, then start with Ant Eggs and then assorted ant mobs. Once I'm level 40 I move on to Orc Dungeon and mob there. This works pretty fine until the early 70s, actually, even though Orc Zombies are only level 51. If you feel it's slow, another choice is the Sohee quest in the Eden boards. After 71+, the Juno district quest (Grand Pecos, Harpies, Goats, Sleepers) until the late 80s (if you're using Battle Manuals this will get you to at least 86~89 (just make sure to grab the quest one last time before you turn 86).

Once you're there (since 70+ really, but as stated, you can do 70~90 alone pretty fast anyway), the easiest thing is to do the turn-in parties, talk to Gramps inside Eden to get it (the two monsters in your level range if you are VIP, one at a time if you are not) and find/make a party (better if you have Giant Fly Wings from the shop).

There you go - too tired to type more.

That's so gay.. i miss the old ragnarok :( i have a ranger lv 51 a wizard a priest lv 71 full support should of made her battle... i have a alchemist lv 60 i made a bunch of alts.. i have a dancer to 51 xD
and how do i get to eden? :< i came back with no money lol... :/ and my chars are on vip do i get d/c all the time if im not vip? i was hoping to get back into iro sigh.. seems diffcult too....Thank you for your help tho.. i forgot how to get everywhere too im so lost. xD

#12 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Renewal, Classic

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:53 AM

There's Eden NPC's in the towns. Find one, talk to them and they will send you to Eden. From there, go to the NPC behind the desk and sign up to join Eden. After that, go to the blackboards that list quests for your level range and start killing stuff. If you're VIP take advantage of the Overlook dungeon quests and don't forget to get your VIP buffs from the NPC which gives you +7 to all your stats for half an hour. If you need gears, there's Eden quests for those too.

Check out the Eden Group pages on the iro wiki site. They have all sorts of good info.

Welcome back.

#13 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:08 AM

in b4 a whole bunch of discouraging 'herp derp ragnarok sucks now, back in my day, we only had 1 class and grinding to lv 50 took 3 years minimum and we liked it that way!" posts.

Oh wait...

Anyway, putting aside that these are the very same people who complained ages ago that Ragnarok was too grindy and should become 'westernised' to suit it's current audience (ha ha oh gee), the Gramps npc holds daily monster hunts oriented at parties which give very generous EXP rewards per turn-in. If you're an older player you might remember the goats/alligator/hodes turnins from pre-renewal. It's kind of like that except on a larger scale.

People who insist that renewal is better than pre-renewal need to take off the nostalgia glasses long enough to realize that this really isn't saying much. Pre-renewal was just as flawed and broken in it's own ways. Don't be one of those hipster sheep who can't accept change.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 22 May 2012 - 03:12 AM.

#14 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:29 AM

dam this lucky guy owned u all

#15 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

This pretty much concludes everything in 5 words or less.

agreed, so true so true!

the biggest problem i saw with pre renewal was there was nothing to do end game it got really booring but i also see that happening post renewal so yeah back to the same problem.

Edited by Niji, 22 May 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#16 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

I only hesitate to get back into RO because I feel like such a noob now.

But things are said to be easier now, you just have to completely forget about all your old leveling spots and discover everything again. (no more west orcs /sob)

I haven't been gone as long as you, but we both have learning to do. Good luck <3

#17 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

agreed, so true so true!

the biggest problem i saw with pre renewal was there was nothing to do end game it got really booring but i also see that happening post renewal so yeah back to the same problem.

This IS an issue and it CAN be improved, but it's not a problem that was created with renewal. The only way we can expand end-game content is by moving forward, not backwards.

Pre-renewal had some great things that were lost in the transition to renewal. I miss having monsters that gave high exp per single target, which encouraged more diverse leveling styles, and I miss not having a level limit, allowing me to grind on hard monsters above my own level, or choose the easier route of mobbing. Renewal added a lot of great content too that many older players blissfully choose to ignore because they prefer the way things were done back then and dislike looking for positives in this new game style. Both ways are not necessarily wrong, so I feel that renewal's problems can still be fixed progressively by re-implementing some elements of the old style. IRO has already taken a step in that direction by disabling the by-level drop penalty, which was universally hated.

Rather than simply see things from the angle of 'this game sucks now and there's nothing good about it', better and more constructive to take an attitude of 'this game is undergoing an overhaul, the future is still unclear and I want to be part of that development for the better."

Just look at Port Malaya. This update has some great, hard MVP's for end game players to challenge themselves with, and an opportunity to make plenty of money out of it while encouraging co-operation. Grampa's turnins take me back to the days of goats/hodes but in a series of more interesting locales, and less sitting around doing nothing while a puller drags in hoardes, leaving me to listen to other party members ramble about idiotic topics like how much pot they've smoked today, or other such drivel. Gramps turnins just move so much faster.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 22 May 2012 - 07:48 PM.

#18 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

I think OP just wanted to know if game is still grindy...

1-99 easy peasy
100-115-not so bad
116-130 a bit hard
130+ do you have a strong AOE? No...no xp for you. (become turn-in slave).

OP might not even be interested in WoE, Pvpng or mvping. If you just wanna level a bit and bum and socialize a lot RO is still good for that. Pre-renewal wasn't all roses but renewal broke more than it fixed.

I recommend just play to hangout because any attempts at meta gaming will only make you rage quit.

#19 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

I have no idea why the people who keep saying pre-renewal is better are still playing the game or even posting on the forums.

For the original question, as other mentioned, gramps is the new way of grinding pretty much. It's not nearly as bad or game breaking as other people are saying. The advantages are meeting friends, being in a social / team environment, and being able to take apart mobs of monsters with AOE skills in your party. There are disadvantages, like certain classes are not as useful in a turn-in environment, some people might leech or just follow around and not pull their weight, and sharing exp between 12 people is not always optimal. But the advantages do highly outweigh the disadvantages. I strongly recommend you to play the game as a third class and try out all the new features; you may find yourself having a lot of fun.

#20 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

It is gamebreaking when Gramps didn't require reset stones. I literally got level 150 in 3 days from him.

Also, nothing is social in a turn-in when people don't even talk and just autofollow a Ranger.

#21 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

It's funny yesterday in Nogg TI. 5 Ranger, 1 AB, 1 HP, 1 Sura, 1 Sorc, and 3 other class in the same party got wiped. Speaking about uber fail <_<

#22 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

My typical route is usually....

Training Grounds 1-11 Get 12 and 13 on something easy like willows or scorpions

Ant Eggs 13-30 The spot circled below typically doesn't have alchemists and is really fast for just running between egg spawn spots. Let me know if you're on Ygg, I'll forge you a really nice set of beginner weapons for free. Feel free to PM me on Akiba-chan, or you can send me mail and I'll be sure to get in touch with you. :3

Posted Image

Overlook Water Dungeon 30-86 (VIP Dungeon, not really recommended unless you have a party to go along)

Other than that I think what mowie said is spot on. Also, for level 80+ I'd highly recommend leveling in Amatsu Dungeon till base level 99. The monsters there give really good exp for the low damage that they deal and the low amount of HP that they have.

Edited by Ramen, 22 May 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#23 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

Start the "Blue Harvest" quest
http://irowiki.org/w...e_Harvest_Quest

Makes you skip the entire Maze of Amatsu dungeon level 1, get straight into level 2 and kill off all those Poisonous Toads, Miyabi Dolls and Firelock Soldiers - There's also 1 The Paper and 2 Shinobis and a bunch of annoying Horongs~

the Exp was mad great - especially duing x2 exp week, I leveled from 92 to 99 on my Sniper in an hour (2x BMX3 ;p )

#24 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:05 AM

It is gamebreaking when Gramps didn't require reset stones. I literally got level 150 in 3 days from him.

Also, nothing is social in a turn-in when people don't even talk and just autofollow a Ranger.

not to mention spam greed!

and i like ur new siggy
probably shud change mine to QQer #2

#25 Noyokinz

Noyokinz

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

ima try and lvl my ranger when i have free time.. she's 63 .. know anywhere to go? >.<
since rangers are so easy to lvl they say. xD thank you all for your replys this'll help me.. Shame for the vip stuff things --;
And thank you Ramen :)

Edited by Noyokinz, 23 May 2012 - 02:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users