• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 PeterMagnus

PeterMagnus

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

I've just rebirth my sage into scholar (actually right now is a lv 11 high mage u_u) so the big question that comes into mind is what kind of build should I use? As a sage it used to be a bolter but I got tired of low agi and being hit all the time so I'm thinking of making it a battle scholar due to the high agi and because is easier to level up solo, but then it would loose the amazing power that bolter scholars have... and also I like party playing and next to AB i think scholars are the best support type. So what would you recommend?

#2 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

Go for Agi Build till 70 and then Reset.
Agi Build = Hits Monster fast, makes damage via Str and Auto Bolt

Once you hit 70 reset and go for Int/ Dex and be a nice SP PLEASE!!! Scholar at Gramps TI Parties.

#3 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:03 AM

Actually It's best just to go Bolter again, the bonus of Double Bolt is enormous.

Battle/HS/Agi builds are not really going to do anything for you unless you already have a Linker Spouse set and ready.

The fact is a Int/Dex build is what your going to want as a Scholar if you solo level at all as well.

EDIT: CG v I never made any mention of getting Doubl Bolt + HS. Although if your not using a Link Slave/Spouse then this is prob a good idea since damge otherwise is low.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 25 May 2012 - 06:47 AM.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

Hindsight/Double Bolter? I would recommend it only if you are a high level. They are a pain in the butt to level due to lack of AoEs.

#5 cloudblue

cloudblue

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:15 AM

Go battle, they have great dps with precasting, hindsight and physical hits. Try the dragon mant and vest set, put sum flee cards in and get a sages diary, encyclopedia or ledger of death( +5 or +7 and up) with auto cast(except injustice, cause of delay) and status cards and gears.

Heres my stat build when I was using my battle scholar:
50 str
40+dex
80+agi
80+int
35+vit
1 luk
(Start with int till 50, then agi till 50, then dex till 20, then str till 50, then vit.repeat till you get the above.)
recommended skill build:
http://irowiki.org/~...kxHchehc3qAaoeK
you can also get thunderstorm and/or heavens drive for mobs. Frost driver 1 and fireball 2 are awesome on hindsight (and they proc more through mist), get them.

Edited by cloudblue, 25 May 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#6 wonka

wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

int, dex a bit vit u dont need nothing more fireball and thunderstorm for mob killing (orc dungeon, overlook dungeon) u hunt there while ur lvl 70 and being sage you can mob harpies and heaven drive em to death or doing TI's at least i did that and took 2 days go from 1>99>trans>101 sorcerer. just used carrots xD and green pots when hunting harpies~

dont max many attack skills cus u wont use them never again when u become sorcerer~

Edited by wonka, 25 May 2012 - 07:30 AM.

#7 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

Im making mine full agi and str. Use dagger of counter.

only 17 dex - just to make you reach lvl 55 to use that dagger.

and its full of win.
safer and faster compared to any other build.

the aim for this build is to lvl to sorc asap, and reset to ordinary int dex once you are at it.

#8 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

I would advise, assuming you're going Battle, not to use the Dagger of Counter.
It has a very appealing effect (90 Crit!).. but there's a pretty bad ASPD penalty for daggers. Books, on the other hand, have no penalty and some give ASPD, such as the Ledger of Death (1% per refine), which also has a very cool effect for Sages (autocasting Hell's Judgment).

I'm pretty sure DPS-wise you'd benefit more from Books. Books usually give MAtk too, which would boost damage from Hindsight if you have it.

#9 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:53 AM

I would advise, assuming you're going Battle, not to use the Dagger of Counter.
It has a very appealing effect (90 Crit!).. but there's a pretty bad ASPD penalty for daggers. Books, on the other hand, have no penalty and some give ASPD, such as the Ledger of Death (1% per refine), which also has a very cool effect for Sages (autocasting Hell's Judgment).

I'm pretty sure DPS-wise you'd benefit more from Books. Books usually give MAtk too, which would boost damage from Hindsight if you have it.

When using dagger of counter, keep in mind you are utilizing and squeezing out max pure physical damage, instead of relying on autobolt.
hence you dont need extra fast attack and need only 1 int and dex, while maxing str, agi and vit instead.

by doing this you are actually playing sin, simple and and straightforward; except you have elemental control, better HP/SP management and of course better future ( GX? eww...)
The magic skills are all there - but no one say you must use them.

oh, yeah this build is mainly for solo. but you still can contribute on TI party with endows and soul exhale.
but again, this is temporary phase - to be useful sorc asap.

Edited by razirazo, 27 May 2012 - 12:58 AM.

#10 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:10 AM

When using dagger of counter, keep in mind you are utilizing and squeezing out max pure physical damage, instead of relying on autobolt.
hence you dont need extra fast attack and need only 1 int and dex, while maxing str, agi and vit instead.
by doing this you are actually playing sin, simple and and straightforward; except you have elemental control, better HP/SP management and of course better future ( GX? eww...)
The magic skills are all there - but no one say you must use them.
oh, yeah this build is mainly for solo. but you still can contribute on TI party with endows and soul exhale.
but again, this is temporary phase - to be useful sorc asap.

Do you really believe that even using a Dagger of Counter and having high Str you will do more damage then with Bolting? Can you let me know what avg dmg per hit is with ~90 str plz?

Also with Double Bolt and Fiber Lock you can easily wipe out any enemies but for Fire & Water guys really. Even then you just use a different Bolt on them after FLocking them so they are no threat to you. This especially wipes out guys like Dark Priests who take xtra fire damage and would normally walk through your FWalls.

#11 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

Do you really believe that even using a Dagger of Counter and having high Str you will do more damage then with Bolting? Can you let me know what avg dmg per hit is with ~90 str plz?

Also with Double Bolt and Fiber Lock you can easily wipe out any enemies but for Fire & Water guys really. Even then you just use a different Bolt on them after FLocking them so they are no threat to you. This especially wipes out guys like Dark Priests who take xtra fire damage and would normally walk through your FWalls.

usng dagger of counter its not about highest damage, but simplicity - no cast, no buffs every x minutes, no BS. just plain autoattack with endow if needed.
and the most important is guaranteed min 95% hit at any variables.

dagger of counter
attack(no avg, crit always max) with 91 str (opposite endow, no bless)
is around 1k per hit on plankton/hydra(small), 830 Iara(medium)), 640 piranha(large).

pure bolting may have greater damage output but in term of safety - no agi; is just not worth it. solo with firewall? ahah you kidding me.
auto bolt? having to refresh buff every x minutes just for random occurrence of bolt is not worth the hassle. or you prefer to rely on sl every x min? well too much trouble too.

Edited by razirazo, 27 May 2012 - 05:32 AM.

#12 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

The ASPD loss is too great using a Dagger. Hindsighting even without a Soul Link would be better DPS. Every 6 minutes isn't bad whatsoever. If that's too frequent for your buffs, try keeping Gloria up for 30 minutes. You'll never complain again, lol.

And for Soul Exhale, you need good SP for it. Or else the Priest line won't get much SP back. You'd probably still fill the other classes fine, but giving ABs at least 50% of their SP back is great.

Edited by MrTyranitar, 27 May 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#13 cloudblue

cloudblue

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

Meh, bolting isnt really efficient(or fun) as it used to be. I had a bolting sage pre-renewal and it did nice damage(had 4X sylph rod and everything), after renewal magic attack got nerfed, physical attack got buffed and the the monsters hit harder. I reset to battle sage because i could combine that physical atk in.

A battle sage/scholar(especially) can kill a dark priest in 5-7 sec with fire buff, hindsight(no link) and precast, and every other monster in the map in less time...

#14 PeterMagnus

PeterMagnus

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Wow! Well... after much consideration I've decided to go battle, simply because my sage was a bolter and it was a real pain in the butt going solo and facing fast monsters! Thank you all for the advice! See ya at the game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users