Eressea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

I wish to get my GX oriented to PvM/MvP situations, while being able to remain useful in WoE/PvP situations (by changing gears, etc.). My doubt is... is it better to become RC or Critical? or Dual Dagger?

I am more prone to one of the first two, but I cannot fully decide. I believe crit GX with auto-cast equipments/special effects could be better at MvPing than a RC one (due to skill delay) but I'd rather someone confirmed me this.

Some other questions:

- The Paper, Mobster or Sidewinder card? If I'm not wrong, Sidewinder card didn't work with katars. Does it?
- Is Sapha/Nab set really better than getting a HBP +9 and using resistance/HP gears in the other slots? Or is it better to get full ATK equipment (for PvM/MvP)?
- What would be a decent critical rate and how does it work in relation to other monsters/players? is it affected by the LUK they have?

Thank you in advance.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

What skill delay? You can get close to 193aspd with Rolling Cutter if you use a KVM Katar with Rolling Cutter. xD After the 193aspd effect procs, it all comes down to how fast you can click RC. I do it all the time on my GX. It's pretty beast for PvM. It wouldn't be surprising if it ended up better than Crits for MVP's that don't use Agi Up. For PvM though, RC is the best thing to use if you mob. It's also useful for clearing an MVP's mob for maximizing your Flee against it.

Whatever you do, don't go for a Critical Stat build from the get-go while leveling to 150/50. You'll regret it. Crit is your only option for MVP's that do use Agi Up though.

Sidewinder works with Katars.

Who the heck is telling you the Sapha/Nab set is better than +9 HBP/Resistance Gears? Nab is horrible compared to Sapha, while the Sapha set is there for if you feel like being cheap with Crit equipment. Being squishy is a bad idea against MVP's. Especially when you're not going to be wearing a shield while fighting them with a Katar.

A decent Crit rate is in my opinion at least 90. Getting 100 Crit is easy though. Don't worry about other player's Luck affecting your Crit. It's not by much. Even if they had enough Luck to increase their Crit rate reduction above 5 points, there's always easier ways to offset that with +Crit foods.

Edited by GuardianTK, 25 May 2012 - 10:03 AM.

#3 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Are all wanderers giving up their character now and making Rangers or something else?

I think RC is the best option you have for PVM and most people prefer it over counterslash for AOE. I'm not too sure how reliable AOE autocasts are for leveling. You will need decent HIT for RC, but even CRIT builds with medium DEX and high LUK seem to get enough HIT (LUK actually gives HIT too but less than DEX). PVM with turn ins are kind of a different story.

Sapha's set is cheap and pretty good, but I think I'd prefer using +9 HBP and other equips if you have it or can afford it. I actually like Morrigane's set quite a bit and I think I might actually prefer it for a lower level GX (under 110) and for SinX. Perfect dodge is really nice and useful, but resistances are the way to go for doing anything at high levels. Also, nid garb may be better than HBP if you don't have a couple base stats over 90 yet.

Sidewinder is probably a waste for a good weapon. Aunoe Card should also be better than The Paper Card.

I assume GuardianTK is referring to 90-100 AFTER doubling it for Katars (effectively 45-50)?

#4 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

Yes, I'm referring to the doubled Crit rate with Katars.

#5 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

Sidewinder is probably a waste for a good weapon. Aunoe Card should also be better than The Paper Card

The only difference is: Aunoe does not drain 1 sp/hit. Makes few difference though.

#6 Eressea

Eressea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

I'm not giving up my Wanderer, not even for a bit. But the fact is, she's a WoE character, I'm poor and I need to get a useful alt. I have a Ranger too, but really (with all due respect to decent Rangers) it's DAMN BORING to just kill everything with one button. F1 all the way and that's it... this means no need to party, and just soloing is not my way of playing.
This GX was in fact the first character I made in iRO. At the moment she's level 122, that's why I don't believe Morrigan set is useful at this stage, and the Sapha set doesn't convince me considering I can borrow a HBP.

It's clear that RC is an awesome AoE, in fact I have it maxed already... but for MvPing, is it better than critical attacks with EDP? Is CRS used too once you get the maximum number of spins?

As regarding the HIT issue, I have 55 DEX right now. I didn't plan on getting more, since I was leveling up LUK. How much should I get?

#7 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

I'm not giving up my Wanderer, not even for a bit. But the fact is, she's a WoE character, I'm poor and I need to get a useful alt. I have a Ranger too, but really (with all due respect to decent Rangers) it's DAMN BORING to just kill everything with one button. F1 all the way and that's it... this means no need to party, and just soloing is not my way of playing.
This GX was in fact the first character I made in iRO. At the moment she's level 122, that's why I don't believe Morrigan set is useful at this stage, and the Sapha set doesn't convince me considering I can borrow a HBP.

It's clear that RC is an awesome AoE, in fact I have it maxed already... but for MvPing, is it better than critical attacks with EDP? Is CRS used too once you get the maximum number of spins?

As regarding the HIT issue, I have 55 DEX right now. I didn't plan on getting more, since I was leveling up LUK. How much should I get?

After a certain level you can't just plain ctrl click monsters you will need to use skills on them like cross impact, rolling cutter etc. Those skills won't work with low dex and your crit rate won't help either, you will keep missing.

If your gonna have sidewinder card ditch crit cause double attack overwrites crit damage. For Completing TI's and leveling at mad ass pace go for rolling cutter build

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

You can easily out-damage Crit melee with EDP'ed Rolling Cutter. It also gets rid of most MVP's mobs, which effectively throws away the Flee penalty when being mobbed. The only time Crits should be used is if the MVP uses Agi Up. MVP's that don't Agi Up normally only require you to have roughly 70 base Dex for efficient Hit. If you don't have enough, just use Sesame Pastry for that +30 Hit or use Rogue Treasure for +10 Hit each one you wear.

Maximum Luck shouldn't go beyond a base of 90. That's all you need for the HBP's bonus.

#9 Eressea

Eressea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

Thank you very much everyone for your replies. I'll try to do my best out of this.

#10 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

Thank you very much everyone for your replies. I'll try to do my best out of this.

good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users